A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
773 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 445785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady fairington
« Reply #670 on: November 16, 2007 07:53:18 PM »

squee! it's me!!!

long and wavy!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anakarina
(*

dear skull , art thou shiny?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2007 08:29:35 PM »

lady, you're hair looks wonderful, how long does it go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop! Little knits, ACEOS, & paper goods.

WIST-list
LetterGhost
« Reply #672 on: November 17, 2007 03:23:27 PM »

I periodically browse this thread for cut and dye inspiration-- you Craftsters are really good at cutting your own hair! I wish I was a little better at it...

I do dye my own hair though, and I've done every colour in the rainbow. However I don't like getting my picture taken so I don't have pictures of them all, so here's just a few. (I must admit that I have never actually left the house as a blonde, I just take pictures of it in between the bleaching and dyeing, and my roommates always make fun of me and call me "Malfoy" 'cause I'm so pale.)

I usually use Punky Colours, and occasionally Creative Image-Adore, but the Punky is best. It barely fades at all! I only dye my hair when my roots start to bother me, not because the colour has faded out. Also, I'm puzzled by all the people claiming that blue washes out quickly--I've had my hair turquoise, sky blue, cobalt blue, you name it, and it's damn tenacious. I can't even bleach it all out. And by the way, I'm 28, too old for crazy hair by most people's standards. But I just love all the attention I get from little children ("Mummy, dat girl has bwue hair!") and seniors ("My goodness, if I was 50 years younger I'd love to have pink hair." And I always tell them they're never too old, and usually get a reply about how it would give the poor husband a heart attack! So cute!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FallenSheep
« Reply #673 on: November 17, 2007 04:26:34 PM »

I cut and dye my own hair. =D
This is my most recent.

And my Blooo hair, from about 2-3 months ago. =D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007 04:31:10 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert pictures for new member. Welcome to Craftster!! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FallenSheep.etsy.com
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #674 on: November 17, 2007 04:54:28 PM »

LetterGhost - your hair (all colors/styles) is beautiful... i agree with you on punky colors its great. and my blue usually lasted longer then other colors as well...
FallenSheep- your blue hair is wonderful as well. makes me miss my old blue hair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotbettie
I solemly swear I am up to no good.

Slytherin by choice, Griffindor at heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #675 on: November 17, 2007 08:15:17 PM »

LetterGhost: I love all of your colors! You are definitely far more gracious than I am with the attention of the young and the old. I usually ignore the kids... And as for the "older folks", most of them like the colors but a few of them ask me what my mom or my boyfriend/husband think of it. First of all, I am well over 21 so what my mom thinks is none of my concern (she likes it), and second my man has blue hair and has dyed my hair for me as well as shaved it and given me a mohawk. So old fashioned... anyway, I guess I'm not much of a people person. I just want to be me with out all the attention.  Huh

and Fallen Sheep : I like the red/brown, but I love the blue!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sulkycat
« Reply #676 on: November 17, 2007 11:47:12 PM »

to all those saying they are getting too old to dye their hair - i am 41, have not seen anything remotely resembling my natural colour since i was 13 (& there was very very little available to dye your hair with then! bleach it up & add food colouring straight from the bottle was about the best available, we often ended up with rather colourful foreheads)

mines pink & purple at the moment, i am head of english (& other sujects) at work, & have never compromised my hair colour for interviews etc - ie have not dyed it a more natural colour just for an interview (& have never not got a job i have been interviewed for!!)

Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LetterGhost
« Reply #677 on: November 18, 2007 11:57:07 AM »

FallenSheep, you are too cute with those bangs and I love that shade of blue! Hotbettie (btw I am crazy about all the pics of you I saw looking back through this thread) it's funny, I have never had any negative comments on my hair (although my dad thinks it's hilarious when he notices people staring at me in horror.) I am painfully shy and have a real problem with social anxiety and actually I find it really helps to have a weird appearance (i also henna my hands) because it gets me talking to strangers, something that often terrifies me.

Sulkycat, you are now my idol. I figured that I only had another two years before I would HAVE to go back to normal human colours, but you've given me a new outlook!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

« Reply #678 on: November 18, 2007 01:32:47 PM »

fauxhawk i know, then i cut it into a real hawk.

manic panic ultraviolet, its a mohawk, yes, but its all combed down here.

faded purple. this is how it looks now, but i'm waiting till the end of christmas break to do it again, because christmas break is a month away and a month long, and it will just die again in two months. at the end of christmas break im going to bleach it, then dye it with manic panic shocking blue and ultraviolet.
my style is self cut. its shaved on the sides (its grown back a tiny bit) and on ONE side I have a hot pink lock just above my hair that I'm growing out. I call it my tail. i usually spike my hair in public but if i don't i wear a hat or a bandanna:

i'm not allowed to shave my head again till after i go to my grandmas house for christmas, but oh well, i won't see my friends again till mid january.
not pictured, but i've had black, bright red, bright green, dark blue, brown, bleach blonde, strawberry blonde, and hot pink before this. i've found that purple looks best on me.
when freshly dyed it looks unbelievable in the sun.
heres two pics of what it looked like when it was strawberry blonde. i had pink highlights and dyed black hair, and this is what happened with an hour of bleach. i waited about 2 weeks before i got bored and dyed it again, lol:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2007 01:48:56 PM »

my latest touch-up/redying:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/sapphiresphinx/P1030844.jpg[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/sapphiresphinx/P1030836.jpg[/img]

that's Punky Apple Green in the back, Pimpin Purple in the bangs, a mix of Blue Haired Freak and Virgin Rose on the top layer of the sides (pretty much looks just like PP), and virgin rose on the underlayer of the sides (really hard to see). I lurves it Smiley

everyone has such gorgeous hair!

best hair i've seen on this entire thread... it looks INCREDIBLE!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007 01:54:32 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please remove IMG tags when quoting. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Belusso Resort 2015 Miami Swim - Interview & Runway
Dolores Cortes Summer 2015 Miami Swim - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Super Easy Way to Get Beautiful Bed Head Hair
How to Do a Brunch Braid Bun
How To Create 3 Bohemian Braid Hair Styles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...