A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 474204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #520 on: October 01, 2007 03:14:44 PM »

I redyed my hair this weekend and I'm half-annoyed, half-happy with it. I wanted bright blue in my mohawk, bright red in the bangs, and purple on the sides. this is how it turned out:

I used a mix of blues (splat, fishbowl, blue haired freak, with a bit of punky apple green because it comes out very teal on me) for the blue, and a mix of nuclear red/pimpin purple/splat on the sides. The bangs are Nuclear Red with some Napalm Orange mixed in since I was dying over a pink/magenta color. I originally did this on Saturday, but the sides came out verrrrry dark blue (I underestimated splat's ability to overpower the other two haha) so yesterday when I was touching the colors up (I missed a spot or two in the red and blue) I piled some more red and PP on the sides...which somehow got me an almost black color. SO CONFUSED. I hope it'll fade to a lighter purple.

edit: sorry, those pictures are huge!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007 03:17:23 PM by sapphire_distortion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
xfoxglove
« Reply #521 on: October 02, 2007 06:41:08 AM »

i'm pretty sure it was beyond the zone, color jamz.  i bought it on a whim and they were out of pink in manic panic.  i'm going to blast it with the blowdryer next time.  i have a lot of the bottle still left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
runyerpockets77

I'm Mean Looking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: October 02, 2007 07:38:18 AM »

Sapphire!  Why isn't that on PRD yet?!?!

It looks amazing!  Prob one of my fav dye jobs you've done yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #523 on: October 02, 2007 10:28:11 AM »

Sapphire!  Why isn't that on PRD yet?!?!

It looks amazing!  Prob one of my fav dye jobs you've done yet!

thankssss Cheesy it's definitely growing on me.

I did put it on PRD! It's in the "show off your new hair thread" in Girly Stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
ragdoll193
« Reply #524 on: October 02, 2007 01:11:44 PM »

usually, when i rinse out dye, i rinse till the water's not obviously the color of the dye, then condition. the color tends to last for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
midgetflynn
« Reply #525 on: October 02, 2007 02:21:02 PM »

First off,I love all the hair styles on this,most of ye are so much more adventurous than I'd ever be!

please bare with me when it comes to posting up pictures,I've never done it before!

I cut my hair in Jan,much different to the style I had for the previous 8 years or so and this is what it looked liked
Straight

Curly(natural style)

I've had it trimmed to keep it basically the same,it's just a tiny bit longer now.I've dyed my hair a bit,but only a darker brown or something a shade lighter.It's natually just a bit lighter than the straight haired picture.After reading through all 54 pages of this,I really want to change my hair a bit.I'd love to see what it looks like blonde,but I'm not sure what shade would suit me.also,would any shade of red suit me?doesn't matter if it's a natural looking red or a vibrant red,I'm just curious,thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maasive
« Reply #526 on: October 02, 2007 05:00:17 PM »

Okay so we are showing off our hair - I grew my hair until I had enough to donate to Locks of Love - I have naturally curly hair - I have before pics with both curly and straight and then the after cut - from the salon ( I also dyed it darker!)  ENJOY!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 02, 2007 05:38:24 PM »

Wow, what a difference!  You have beautiful hair...in every style!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cats_pajamas
Certified Weirdo

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: October 03, 2007 09:13:17 AM »

every one has such amazing hair styles! they keep getting better and better. hey whats PRD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 03, 2007 10:34:09 AM »

every one has such amazing hair styles! they keep getting better and better. hey whats PRD?

i think they mean punk rock domestics, its another forum, am i right? you guys on that too?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Origins of Charlie Brown
How to Draw Miyamoto Musashi
How to Draw Lelouch
How to Draw Alucard
Supervillain Origins: Rhino
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...