A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,180
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 473274 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miserylovesme
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2007 09:37:27 AM »

miserylovesme, i noticed that you did highlights (little sections w/e u wanna call it) was it difficult to bleach before hand and dye pink? BTW: it looks gorgeous!  Grin

Heck yeah it was difficult. I never thought I would get it blonde enough. That's almost 6 hours of bleaching right there.  Huh Yeah tell me about it.

Also, even though I kept all the not-to-dye hair pulled pack in clippy things, I kept accidentally touching something with bleach and not noticing it until it already faded a little. That meant THAT hair had to be done, too. Very frustrating. Next time I will probably march my happy butt to a Salon.

Sunray, love the short hawk. It is sooo sweet.

detritus, good for you! Great color. I had a bad experience with henna in highschool. I thought "yeah right this stuff will work" and left it in, oh, most of the night. I looked like Lucy Ricardo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2007 11:16:02 AM »

After a brief period of multicolors:

I cut it shorter and dyed it brown:

It was a pro haircut for a change (deal with my mother) and I got the kitchen scissors to it last night and got it even shorter and more choppy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cereza Bomba = CHERRY BOMB!
detritus
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2007 07:35:34 PM »

miserylovesme, thanks! I actually used a 1/3 indigo 2/3 henna mix because I was afraid 100% henna would turn me into bozo the clown. Next time I'm planning on using a 50/50 mix so it's more auburn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007 06:14:33 AM »

Sunray, love the short hawk. It is sooo sweet.

detritus, good for you! Great color. I had a bad experience with henna in highschool. I thought "yeah right this stuff will work" and left it in, oh, most of the night. I looked like Lucy Ricardo

Aww, thanks
The orange I used to have for my bangs when my hair was longer was henna, got it in Japan. 5 minutes a day in the shower [made your hair all nice and soft, too] and you get saftey-cone orange hair...fun stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jimthewise

roar roar roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007 11:41:42 AM »

Cereza Bomba, I love your new hair cut. Very cute. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B: Is it raining?
A: I think they're spitting at us.
squid777
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007 12:58:57 PM »

After going all through highschool with numerous colors of hair, I am all growed up now with 14 and 11 y.o. girls who would just die if Mom were to "color" color her own hair. Sorry for all you young ones who have parents hung up on a harmless little hairstyles. I tell my girls as long as they are good people on the inside it doesnt matter what you look like on the outside.  Let me tell you though when I see all this beautiful hair it makes me want to have it pretty again too. I love nyx_slittledemons hair. Something like that may be okay with the kids, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007 01:28:05 PM »

^That's exactly what my mum says [though she's not particularly fond o' the 'hawk, she's gotten used to it, and thinks its kind of cute haha].

She's like, "Dress how you want, change your hair, hair grows back and clothes arn't permenant. Get it out of your system now before you're grown and have to get a real job."

She used to dye her hair purpleish, but she's gotten fond of her natural [premature, she's not even 40] gray hair.
My dad used to do kool-aid - green, red, blue...

There's nothin' wrong with dyin' your hair, go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squid777
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007 02:09:22 PM »

Thanks, Sunray. I may just do it, I'll post if I do. I am going to be putting some blue in my daughters hair soon, I'll see if she wants to be a craftser star and post it. I must add, if you like how you dress and do your hair, dont ever try to "get it out of your system" you'll miss it( didnt you say you are a drummer anyway?, mohawk in pretty colors is part of the deal, right). Not to dis your Mom, I know where she's coming from.

Hurry, everyone, post more pretty hair, I love it!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007 02:16:11 PM by squid777 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooingdragon
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007 04:36:27 PM »

Today, instead of doing my homework, I put together a hair timeline!

This is how my hair looks right now

That was taken right after a dance concert, so my hair is actually styled.  Usually I just let it do whatever.   Tongue  This is the combined efforts of three different dyes.  My hair looks a little oranger in person, but the orange is fading back to the red which is good.  My hair had been dark purpley red.  I tried to dye it auburn, which just dyed my roots orange.  Heh.  So then I used a "copper" highlight to darken my roots and lighten the rest of my hair.  It looks really, really cool when the sun hits it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jimthewise

roar roar roar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2007 11:28:32 AM »

Shocked oh wow your hair is so pretty! and your hair time line was pretty cute, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B: Is it raining?
A: I think they're spitting at us.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author T.C. Boyle Has No Regrets
J.A. Jance Celebrates Her 50th Book
Moving Target by J.A. Jance
Taking a Pop at the Economy
Learn Why Linda Yellin Wrote About Nora Ephron
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...