A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 449324 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momofheathens
« Reply #1770 on: December 16, 2010 07:27:07 AM »

momofheathens - i LOVE you dark cherry dr pepper color!!!  what dye did you use??  i got this color once as a mix of like three different layers of dye and having been wanting it back ever since, it looks superb on you!!

Well I went from my blonde hair to Manic Panic Vampire Red but it bled out pretty quickly leaving me with a nasty pink color so I got L'Oreal Superior Preference Intense Dark Red hair color to cover the pink. That's how I got this color and love how it has red, purple, and burgundy tints to it. Smiley

And thank you very much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1771 on: December 21, 2010 07:00:43 PM »

Nothing too exciting here. Ive dyed my hair red for years and I finally got my bangs to do the sweep Ive always wanted. The funest thing I ever did to my hair was put pink streaks in, they were suppose to be purple but turned out pink. I wish I had a pic but cant find it. When I put the pink in my 60 year old mother, who always dyes my hair, was joking around and gave herself a big pink streak right at her temple! She was so mad when she realized it wasnt a wash out color.

Ive always wanted to do black with purple streaks but I think Im too pale to pull it off and Im worried the black will fry my hair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hysiq
« Reply #1772 on: January 01, 2011 03:46:00 PM »

I wanna upload pics... But it would definitely be pic spam. I've done a bunch of crazy & awesome stuff to my hair and I have pics of most of it.

What say you? Pic spam? Or should I create a collage or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: January 01, 2011 04:52:10 PM »

I think 6 or 8 pics would be reasonable. Or a collage if you're so minded! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Hysiq
« Reply #1774 on: January 01, 2011 06:26:14 PM »

Haha, 6-8? Yeah there's plenty more than that... hmz guess I'll have to unlazy myself and stick them together. Too bad I have NO idea when some of then were taken, lol! At least I know which goes where.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1775 on: January 01, 2011 07:13:08 PM »

Ive always wanted to do black with purple streaks but I think Im too pale to pull it off and Im worried the black will fry my hair.

Black won't fry your hair, only going lighter has the potential to hurt it, afaik.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hysiq
« Reply #1776 on: January 09, 2011 04:38:50 PM »

Ok so how do you get your hair white?? Any advice?!

I bleached my hair nice and light yellow, then used Wella White Lady toner, with a creme 20 developer for 20 minutes. And well I can't get a good pic of the color it either turns out too white or too yellow but it is a VERY pale yellow.

Halp!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1777 on: January 12, 2011 12:08:24 PM »

Ok so how do you get your hair white?? Any advice?!

I bleached my hair nice and light yellow, then used Wella White Lady toner, with a creme 20 developer for 20 minutes. And well I can't get a good pic of the color it either turns out too white or too yellow but it is a VERY pale yellow.

Halp!?

Use a purple (or even blue) toner. They also have shampoo/conditioner that deposit purple pigment to counteract brassiness. Sally Beauty Supply carries it, along with the toner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Hysiq
« Reply #1778 on: January 12, 2011 12:59:02 PM »

Yeah I've done that.

I was hoping for some more specific advice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loserchick88
« Reply #1779 on: January 12, 2011 06:56:15 PM »

I have heard, from a hair stylist, that sometimes that weird hard to get rid of tint comes from the minerals in your water.  He said the solution is vitamin C! in your hair, not just taking it (though that's good too:))  I believe he said to buy the powder (in bulk i guess, sorry, i didn't pay a ton of attention cuz it wasn't directed at me) and like make a paste and put it in your hair?  I HAVEN'T DONE THIS, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENS!! but, i'm fairly certain that even if it doesn't work, it won't damage your hair at all.  anyways, maybe something to research more or try!  besides that the only option i know of is, like thekster said, to use a purple or blue toner ( i didn't use well white...i think i used quick blue and it worked well, maybe try that one, i don't think toner is that damaging)and/or purple shampoo (a brand like shimmer-lights).  some people swear by the purple shampoo.  make sure that the shampoo you're using doesn't have a yellow tint either, mine did for a while (doi).  smoking, or being around smoke a lot, can also give your hair a yellow tint (don't know if that applies here, just trying to cover everything!) 

white hair is haaaaard to get though, and pretty much fries your hair (esp the upkeep of it).  I had it for one short summer, looked awesome, but just not worth it to continuously damage my hair to keep it.  so make sure you're using a good conditioner, and a mask (and a few days) in between doing anything to it (bleaching, toning, etc).

hope this helps!!  feel free to pm me if something wasn't clear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You want old ladies to die!!"
"nu-uh I just want their sewing machines!!"
"then why would they have to die?!"
"...cuz death is the only reason I could think of for not wanting to sew..."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Young British Artist Adham Faramawy Talks About YBAs and His Work
Young British Artist Edward Fornieles Talks About His Work and the YBAs
Clock Clock
April 15th: RIP Joey Ramone
Invisible Chinese Artist: Find Him in the Background
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...