A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,542
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 437322 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

XxXbattyXxX
« Reply #1750 on: September 05, 2010 01:36:57 PM »

Holy crap XxXbattyXxX that is some rad hair.. would probably suck to wash though.. how do you keep the colors from bleeding into each other?
Thanks, I just wash it like I would normally, I don't need do anything special to keep it from bleeding.

XxXbattyXxX  I'm in love! What brand of dye do you use? I'm looking for a good yellow Smiley

I use Special Effects, Manic Panic, and N'rage. The yellow I use is Manic Panic Electric Banana. I have tried bright as F@!* yellow, and punky colors yellow this one is the brightest, and last the longest.

OMG I love the rainbow, batty! That must be a real b!#@$ to wash though...
Thanks, not really I just wash it like any other color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whedonvese swap 7 (crafting)
p.kok
« Reply #1751 on: September 08, 2010 02:02:31 AM »

I have naturally curly hair and i always thought you can't do many different hairstyles with that. But after seeing this topic and going through my pictures i found out that you can:D

You can kinda see the short history of my hair on the picture, i'm just going to comment on two of my hairstyles.

The craziest hairstyle i ever had was when i got a job as a hair model. That's the fiery afro, if you were wondering. The man on the picture is the hairstylist, who's supposed to be very famous, one of the best in the world, or so i was told. I really loved that color.

The last two pictures are my hair as i have it in the moment. I always wanted to have short hair, but everyone refused to cut it, since it's curly. My mom finally recommended me a very expensive hair salon, where they cut my hair. I also decided i'm not going to color it anymore, since i'm too lazy and don't do it often enough, and then it's ugly like in one of the pictures.

i like my hair short, but not when it's curly. It's to eightiesy. My boyfriend loves my long hair so i'm provably going to let them grow again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunaholic
armed with scissors

*meow*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: September 08, 2010 07:07:33 AM »

omg the rainbow hair! it's so uncommon! I thought I'd see it only on cartoons and dolls! xD it is really fantastic!! Cheesy for sure an eye catch ^__^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CharleyTaylor25
« Reply #1753 on: September 09, 2010 06:37:06 PM »

As a hair stylist 99% of this thread hurts my soul lol.  I applaud your bravery girls, but trust me, I'm a hairstylist who won't kill your hair and will chop off two feet or dye it green.  We exist I swear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: September 09, 2010 06:40:06 PM »

As a hair stylist 99% of this thread hurts my soul lol.  I applaud your bravery girls, but trust me, I'm a hairstylist who won't kill your hair and will chop off two feet or dye it green.  We exist I swear!

Well, this is a Do It Yourself website Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
sari_clark
« Reply #1755 on: September 16, 2010 04:36:57 PM »

This thread and all of you amazing people have been the last 'push' I needed to finally decide that I'm going to go for the hair color I want! Problem is, I don't know how to go about it  Embarrassed

I've always wanted to have orange/red hair. Something like these:
http://moblog.net/media/s/w/a/swamprose/i-always-think-red-hair-is-a-sign-of-intelligence.jpg
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/50/37970-season_1_orange_red.jpg
http://media.onsugar.com/files/ed3/258/2589280/49_2009/3b888e6a5687e6c9_Welch.jpg
Middle picture for this one ^^

I've dye my hair about 2-3 times a year for the past 5/6 years. Currently I have dark dark brown hair. It's almost black with some streaks of a copper color because I didn't have enough dye to properly cover my hair. I dyed it at the end of July. It's pretty healthy and I just got most of the split ends and general 'bad-ness' cut off two weeks ago. So, now that I've told just about everything there is to know about my hair, any of you know how I can get my dream color on my own?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovleeleigh
« Reply #1756 on: September 24, 2010 03:28:46 AM »

Oh yeah... I cut off most of my hair in June... going natural  Wink

Right after.

How I where it now mostly.

However I'm not sure how long I can stay away from dye  Grin haha

Today is March 28, 2011. This is my hair now  Grin

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011 04:33:41 PM by lovleeleigh - Reason: Hair Update » THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: September 24, 2010 11:21:49 AM »

lovleeleigh, love the natural look on you; sooo cute!!! I haven't had a perm in over 6months but I just pull mine back until I decided what I wanna do with it for the next 6months. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: September 24, 2010 02:20:56 PM »

This thread and all of you amazing people have been the last 'push' I needed to finally decide that I'm going to go for the hair color I want! Problem is, I don't know how to go about it  Embarrassed

I've always wanted to have orange/red hair. Something like these:
http://moblog.net/media/s/w/a/swamprose/i-always-think-red-hair-is-a-sign-of-intelligence.jpg
http://www.pollsb.com/photos/50/37970-season_1_orange_red.jpg
http://media.onsugar.com/files/ed3/258/2589280/49_2009/3b888e6a5687e6c9_Welch.jpg
Middle picture for this one ^^

I've dye my hair about 2-3 times a year for the past 5/6 years. Currently I have dark dark brown hair. It's almost black with some streaks of a copper color because I didn't have enough dye to properly cover my hair. I dyed it at the end of July. It's pretty healthy and I just got most of the split ends and general 'bad-ness' cut off two weeks ago. So, now that I've told just about everything there is to know about my hair, any of you know how I can get my dream color on my own?

Bleach and dye. Possibly with a henna type dye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovleeleigh
« Reply #1759 on: October 03, 2010 03:55:39 AM »

lovleeleigh, love the natural look on you; sooo cute!!! I haven't had a perm in over 6months but I just pull mine back until I decided what I wanna do with it for the next 6months. lol

Thanks! I learned last year I can't deal with transitioning, so this time I cut like 85% of my hair off. Plus, El Paso's summer heat got to me haha Cheesy Good luck to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Messy Mila Kunis Hair
How to Do Megan Fox Catwalk Makeup
The Keys to Concealing Your Real Age
Beauty Tips From Olivia Wilde
Homemade Facial Mask
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...