A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 492224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« Reply #1150 on: July 23, 2008 03:00:01 PM »

Sorry if someone's already said this, but you look like Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, blue-haired and waif-like Smiley

You know, she *does* look a little like Rei, if Rei's hair was darker and parted on the side.
That's a compliment, at least coming from me - Rei is both hardcore and very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
gina-marie
« Reply #1151 on: July 26, 2008 01:13:53 PM »

thanks shelichan for all that great info!  I've been bleaching my roots since about january and no real problems yet!  After I bleach them the next time I'm going to try toner, I hate the yellow.  What kind do you recommend? and do you get even more damage from using one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 26, 2008 02:34:37 PM »

thanks shelichan for all that great info!  I've been bleaching my roots since about january and no real problems yet!  After I bleach them the next time I'm going to try toner, I hate the yellow.  What kind do you recommend? and do you get even more damage from using one?

No prob. Smiley Well... Ive only use two types. It comes in a small little bottle, and you mix it with developer that you buy seperately usually in a large bottle. I used one type that I really did not like, as it didnt seem to do anything when left on for a shorter time, and for a longer time - it turned my hair purple (but that quickly faded). I use one I THINK from clarol? If thats even a brand... called "Brass Busters" in the most super platinum formula they sell. I mix it according to directions with 40vol developer (again try a weaker one first) and let it soak in. And yeah it will damage your hair the SAME bleach will. The developer is what kills your hair - and you use developer with the toner as well. So be careful and wait a week, and start with a low volume bleach. Better to do it many times with a low volume than once with a high volume (Im just stupid).

One idea Ive been pondering is adding a DROP of purple dye to my conditioner - so it makes a VERY light purple... and using that everyday when Im a blonde. Since the toner works because its a super light purple - it counteracts the yellow in your hair (because they are across from each other on the color wheel - they cancel each other out). Im not sure if that would work though as the dye is veggie dye and not a chemical process. Something Ive been wondering though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
gina-marie
« Reply #1153 on: July 26, 2008 07:04:55 PM »

I've heard that there's a temporary hair color rinse you can get that gets the yellow out made by roux or something like that.. I think I'm going to try that first
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1154 on: July 27, 2008 06:51:51 PM »

I believe that the shampoos and condittioners for blondes sold at salons are purplish, so it might work.
I personally use a bleach with toner in it when I want my hair blond (for putting colours over, of course:) ) It'
s called Quick Blue and you can pick it up at Sally's
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Luinecu

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: July 28, 2008 11:19:25 AM »

One idea Ive been pondering is adding a DROP of purple dye to my conditioner

Ooh, good thinking! Since I'm going blonde soon (the boyfriend wants me to try it out before I dye it an obnoxious shade of orange Tongue )... I'll let you know about the results here if I do give it a go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luinecu
x x o

Livejournal // Wists
pink zebra
« Reply #1156 on: July 29, 2008 03:03:06 PM »

i make a rinse with very dilluted purple violet, and it works pretty well.
blue toner alone doesnt work well enough for me (i have really thick, black, european-asian hair)- i recommend mixing a little vegatal dye or so in your conditioner or rinse. even if you overdose it at some point, it washes out quickly anyway, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lightbulby
« Reply #1157 on: July 30, 2008 03:53:31 PM »

After getting two bad haircuts in a row I decided to cut my own hair. I think it turned out ok, I have never done more than trim it before. These photos were taken today, about a month after the cut and dye.

I have to post the links because I don't have 10 post yet

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=158792&ppuser=147060
This one is a little blurry, but I think it shows the cut the best

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=158791&ppuser=147060
the roots
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008 04:23:29 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert pictures for new member. :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Bees!
koola
« Reply #1158 on: August 04, 2008 01:45:11 PM »

Hey everyone, I have just over shoulder length brown hair, i like it but god do i not know what to do with it! I'm talking how i wear it, not the haircut. All i ever do is straighten it or add a quiff by clipping the front bits back. Does anyone have any totally rad ways of styling your hair? I have clips and hair ties galore so that aint a problem. Pics or diagrams as well as instructions would be muchly appreciated! It's the one thing fashion wise that i have always been totally useless at  Sad HELP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop - Wuvvlepop Accessories - http://wuvvlepop.etsy.com

Fan of Twilight, Kawaii and Horror Movies looking for Personal Swaps Smiley
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 04, 2008 02:26:24 PM »

Lightbulby: i reallly like the make up in your eyes! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
At-Home Keratin Treatment Tips
Hermione Granger Inspired Hair Look
How to Hide Grey Hairs Between Salon Appointments
Big Hair and Beauty Trends
Feather Hair Extensions and Accessories
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...