A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 188
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Show Off Your Hair--Dyed, Cut, or Styled by Yourself!  (Read 445912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« Reply #1150 on: July 23, 2008 03:00:01 PM »

Sorry if someone's already said this, but you look like Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion, blue-haired and waif-like Smiley

You know, she *does* look a little like Rei, if Rei's hair was darker and parted on the side.
That's a compliment, at least coming from me - Rei is both hardcore and very pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
gina-marie
« Reply #1151 on: July 26, 2008 01:13:53 PM »

thanks shelichan for all that great info!  I've been bleaching my roots since about january and no real problems yet!  After I bleach them the next time I'm going to try toner, I hate the yellow.  What kind do you recommend? and do you get even more damage from using one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 26, 2008 02:34:37 PM »

thanks shelichan for all that great info!  I've been bleaching my roots since about january and no real problems yet!  After I bleach them the next time I'm going to try toner, I hate the yellow.  What kind do you recommend? and do you get even more damage from using one?

No prob. Smiley Well... Ive only use two types. It comes in a small little bottle, and you mix it with developer that you buy seperately usually in a large bottle. I used one type that I really did not like, as it didnt seem to do anything when left on for a shorter time, and for a longer time - it turned my hair purple (but that quickly faded). I use one I THINK from clarol? If thats even a brand... called "Brass Busters" in the most super platinum formula they sell. I mix it according to directions with 40vol developer (again try a weaker one first) and let it soak in. And yeah it will damage your hair the SAME bleach will. The developer is what kills your hair - and you use developer with the toner as well. So be careful and wait a week, and start with a low volume bleach. Better to do it many times with a low volume than once with a high volume (Im just stupid).

One idea Ive been pondering is adding a DROP of purple dye to my conditioner - so it makes a VERY light purple... and using that everyday when Im a blonde. Since the toner works because its a super light purple - it counteracts the yellow in your hair (because they are across from each other on the color wheel - they cancel each other out). Im not sure if that would work though as the dye is veggie dye and not a chemical process. Something Ive been wondering though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
gina-marie
« Reply #1153 on: July 26, 2008 07:04:55 PM »

I've heard that there's a temporary hair color rinse you can get that gets the yellow out made by roux or something like that.. I think I'm going to try that first
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1154 on: July 27, 2008 06:51:51 PM »

I believe that the shampoos and condittioners for blondes sold at salons are purplish, so it might work.
I personally use a bleach with toner in it when I want my hair blond (for putting colours over, of course:) ) It'
s called Quick Blue and you can pick it up at Sally's
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Luinecu

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: July 28, 2008 11:19:25 AM »

One idea Ive been pondering is adding a DROP of purple dye to my conditioner

Ooh, good thinking! Since I'm going blonde soon (the boyfriend wants me to try it out before I dye it an obnoxious shade of orange Tongue )... I'll let you know about the results here if I do give it a go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luinecu
x x o

Livejournal // Wists
pink zebra
« Reply #1156 on: July 29, 2008 03:03:06 PM »

i make a rinse with very dilluted purple violet, and it works pretty well.
blue toner alone doesnt work well enough for me (i have really thick, black, european-asian hair)- i recommend mixing a little vegatal dye or so in your conditioner or rinse. even if you overdose it at some point, it washes out quickly anyway, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lightbulby
« Reply #1157 on: July 30, 2008 03:53:31 PM »

After getting two bad haircuts in a row I decided to cut my own hair. I think it turned out ok, I have never done more than trim it before. These photos were taken today, about a month after the cut and dye.

I have to post the links because I don't have 10 post yet

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=158792&ppuser=147060
This one is a little blurry, but I think it shows the cut the best

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=158791&ppuser=147060
the roots
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008 04:23:29 AM by sweets4ever - Reason: Edited to insert pictures for new member. :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Bees!
koola
« Reply #1158 on: August 04, 2008 01:45:11 PM »

Hey everyone, I have just over shoulder length brown hair, i like it but god do i not know what to do with it! I'm talking how i wear it, not the haircut. All i ever do is straighten it or add a quiff by clipping the front bits back. Does anyone have any totally rad ways of styling your hair? I have clips and hair ties galore so that aint a problem. Pics or diagrams as well as instructions would be muchly appreciated! It's the one thing fashion wise that i have always been totally useless at  Sad HELP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Shop - Wuvvlepop Accessories - http://wuvvlepop.etsy.com

Fan of Twilight, Kawaii and Horror Movies looking for Personal Swaps Smiley
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 04, 2008 02:26:24 PM »

Lightbulby: i reallly like the make up in your eyes! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 188 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Freeze-Ahead Sausage and Egg Sandwiches
How to Make Smoked Pork Butt at Home Like a BBQ Expert
A 2-Ingredient Pizza Dough?! Learn How to Make This Easy Dish Today!
The School Lunches We Needed
King Ranch Chicken Casserole Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...