A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva Bush!!!  (Read 11830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004 09:05:40 PM »

For some reason, I'm not so in to Mr. T.  But for all you republicans out there (or really anyone, because who doesn't like Michael J. Fox), what about a stencil of Alex P. Keaton with "WWAD" under it?  Ooh, I just noticed that spells a long, drawn-out wad.  OK, maybe not...  On to the next craft.

You could make it WWAKD (What Would Alex Keaton Do?) and then it would read like "whacked"

For Conservatives, a WWRD (What Would Reagan Do?) may be good, with a picture of the Gipper stenciled on the shirt.  Or, if you like him, What Would Arnold Do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004 09:31:15 PM »

Which just goes to show that not all of we nasty liberals can be expected to take cheap shots.  (A comment I felt was a bit of a cheap shot itself, but I forgive you.  I'm probably just as proud of bearing the title "liberal" as you are of being a Republican.  We just have to remember we've got common ground on Craftster.)   

You are totally right.  It was a cheap shot.  Guess I got a little defensive. sorry about that. 

I love all the ideas of the WWAKD? and such.  I think a what would arnold do? one would be hysterical....just cause i feel like you have to say it as "WHAAt wooood AAHHNALD doo?"  ya know w/ his accent and all.  ok...just makes me laugh. 

As for the 'what would martha do?' i was thinking of that too!  but i was trying to figure out how it would be taken....funny? offensive? And i'm not sure how i would mean it...i think that's the main issue.  I don't wanna wear a shirt unless i know what i'm trying to get at. 

What would Alex Keaton do? is also an awesome idea! 

As for stenciling, it's super easy!  I just make something in power point or something (using pictures or clip art or just font) and turn it to black and white.  Then just print it on cardstock, use an exacto knife to cut it out, pin it to the shirt or bag, etc.  then just sponge fabric paint on.  REAL SIMPLE, i promise Wink

And I'm glad the convo is steering away from politics.  I never meant to turn it into political mudslinging or anything, just wanted to share my shirt. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004 09:56:57 PM »

Its all good, meg.  Some of us liberals are the love-everyone, tree-hugger types.  I think they call us "bleeding hearts".  We don't like cheap shots either, even if they are against people we don't like.

I love the Ahnold idea.  Of course, the WW_D could be carried to many new levels.  What Would Barney Do with a picture of Barney the Presidential Scottie...  What Would Kennedy Do with a picture of JFK on the front and one of Marilyn Monroe on the back...  Or, change the K to a C and put Clinton on the front and Lewinsky on the back.  Ooorr, WWLD with Lewinsky on the front and a cigar on the back...  Ok, I could go on like this for days, but it is probably advisable I stop now.

Now, I laughed out loud when I thought of this one, and I fear not many on this thread will appreciate it.  It popped into my head when I read the WWMarthaD idea.  What about WWMD with no picture at all but the lettering... What Weapons of Mass Destruction?  Oh, Ok, I'll shrink back into my hole now.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
havilah

If you ask me how I am…I’ll say I’m fine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2004 01:06:33 AM »

I dig your Mark Twain quote, jessie.  Did I just post the word 'dig' twice on one thread?  yikes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It’s easier to lie than stand emotionally bare.
asteriskmanagement

she's crafty like ice is cold

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2004 01:16:40 AM »

thanks havilah!

i feel so bad about my previous comment, i really wasn't trying to be a snot. sometimes my sense of humor does not come across on the internet at all.

meg461, i only intended that as a lighthearted teasing, i'm so sorry. i think it's great that you decided to diy shirt, yours was the only one i've ever seen. in fact, i never even saw an official bush tee in my state of utah, i guess they figured there was no need to spread the word over here. heh.

feeling totally sheepish,
--jessie

THIS ROCKS   Logged

'whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.'
- mark twain
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2004 06:19:11 AM »

No worries, Miss Jessie! I think everyone's emotions are just running a leeetle bit high right now. All the more need for a little humour injection! Don't go back to lurking...  Smiley

Oh, and I just read Lothruin's WhatWouldKennedyDo...hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
meg461
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2004 07:02:47 AM »

I feel like we all need a group hug or something? haha.  Nah, it's all good, guys.  If I only liked people that agreed w/ me on everything, i wouldn't have any friends.  And someone posted a John Kerry shirt on another forum.  It turned out really well.  Thought i'd throw that in there for the sake of peace and she did do a really good job on it. 

What Weapons of Mass Destruction?  I don't agree, but seriously very funny!  I love it. 

Maybe we should all have some bonding and make "What would a Craftster do?" shirts.  WWCD?  That's such a good question too....i mean...we do things a little differently than most.  Like use their wall street journals that are supposed to be for class as backing when i cut out stencils so i don't cut my carpet.  Smiley  maybe that's just me.  haha.  Or taking a shirt that we hate and turning into something we love! 

I love this site.  so fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2004 07:13:28 AM »

i absolutely luv ur shirt!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸*¤*¸.•'´ )¸.•'´)     
•.¤*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  *¤ .•      
°¤°(¸.• '´(¸.•'´*¤*`'•.¸)`'•.¸)   Rock on!
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2004 08:40:21 AM »

Great shirt!  That face stencil is VERY professional looking.  I was thinking maybe WWSD: what would the smurfs do  I watched them this morning, they are very active in their community.  Maybe in '08 I could make a shirt with Papa Smurf on it with the Words "Papa Smurf for President: Fighting for what's smurfy"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2004 09:56:49 AM »

For some reason, I'm not so in to Mr. T.  But for all you republicans out there (or really anyone, because who doesn't like Michael J. Fox), what about a stencil of Alex P. Keaton with "WWAD" under it?  Ooh, I just noticed that spells a long, drawn-out wad.  OK, maybe not...  On to the next craft.
You could make it WWAKD (What Would Alex Keaton Do?) and then it would read like "whacked"

Nah, you can make it WWAPKD - What would Alex P. Keaton Do?   Grin  I caught a couple of old episodes of family ties on the satellite in the wee hours of the morning this weekend, and I remember thinking - the P, of course!  I'm not at my best cognitive function in the wee hours obviously  Roll Eyes

Now my brain is stuck in 80's mode in the WW_D theme --
PB -- Punky Brewster
WW -- Willy Wonka
HH -- Hulk Hogan
HM -- HeMan
SR -- SheRa
GIJ -- GI Joe

PaPa Smurf --teehee -- I think I'd like to see Smurfette -- WWSD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Horse Book Trailer
Amped Book Trailer
How The Light Gets In 2012: Is Philosophy For Everyone?
How The Light Gets In 2012: What Happens at a Philosophy Festival?
How The Light Gets In 2012: Who Has Impacted Your Personal Philosophy?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...