A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva Bush!!!  (Read 11833 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meg461
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004 08:14:21 AM »

Your shirt reminds me a little of the very funny "What would Johnny Damon Do?" shirts I've been seeing around here in Boston. You could stencil up a "WWWD?" shirt with the same graphic. It'd be great! I mean, I don't think it would be disrespectful to...um...ya know, the big J.

In the meantime, in betweentime, I'll be stencilling my own "Viva La Revolucion" shirts with scary red left-wing fonts! Wink

That's awesome!  I bet that shirt will look so great.  I like the WWWD? idea.  good times.  I might have to use someone else's name and picture for that instead though.  like.....I don't know....WWMTD? What would Mr. T do? or something of the like.  Thanks for the idea and good luck with your shirt and especially with those SCARY red left-wing fonts....haha...I'm sure they'll be terrifyingly cool.  Adios
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004 08:20:18 AM »

Very cool shirt.  I am endlessly fascinated by screen printing, but have yet to try it.  Maybe when my daughter is older - right now she is a little too fascinated with all of my crafts to break out the paints.....

<snort>  WWMTD?  That is GREAT!!  You could have a stencil with a mohawk and big ugly gold chains.

and I agree - just b/c I didn't vote for Bush doesn't mean that I can't appreciate great crafts and fun ideas....  of course since it is looking like Dubya is going to be around for 4 more, the dems/libs could have thier own shirts --  WWKD  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
vintagechick
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004 08:39:11 AM »

Love your shirt! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004 08:56:41 AM »

Very cool shirt.  I am endlessly fascinated by screen printing, but have yet to try it. 

I just used fabric paint and a sponge to do this shirt.  It was super easy and fast. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137486,00.html

Whoohoooooooooooooooo!  Pardon my excitement....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004 10:24:33 AM »

usually crafty people aren't republican for they tend to think for themselves.  but good job on the shirt

That is just childish, as well as being incorrect.  I am a Republican, yet have always been incredibly crafty, and independent minded.  Crafting and creativity is something that supercedes political lines.  Though, occasionally certain craft has fallen victim to politics (like knitting, which was previously rejected by feminists).  But, crafting isn't about politics. It's about an expression of self.

Also, regardless of political affiliation, some people tend to let others decide for them, and some people think for themselves.  That has nothing to do with which party you are a member of.  I know just as many liberals as conservatives who blindly follow party lines. 

Despite seeing plenty of posts in this forum that politically I do not agree with, I bite my tounge and do the mature thing of abstaining from comment, unless it is constructive and considerate of others.  Perhaps you should consider trying to do the same.  It's fine if you don't like Bush (I'm not all that happy with him either), but is it absolutely necessary to insult someone's craft because of your political views? You can just ignore posts such as these, and instead add a pro-Kerry message in a pro-Kerry forum/thread.  This country would be far better off if people were less negative, bitter, and nasty to each other, and more respectful of each other and our differences.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thejigisup
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004 10:43:53 AM »

I think we can ALL come together in appreciation of...Mr. T.

I pity the sucka. Oh yes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me has been told me has healing hands.
meg461
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004 11:17:06 AM »

I think we can ALL come together in appreciation of...Mr. T.

I pity the sucka. Oh yes.

I concur.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Am So Snazzy
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004 06:43:39 PM »

You know what is really sad?? I was relying on these boards to be the one place I could get away from politics... This is the only board I have been to where everyone has been nice and not bashed eachother on anything (not just politics) until now. Everyone should just keep their political standpoint to themself, at least on this board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004 08:49:21 PM »

I think your shirt turned out wonderfully.  Stenciling is something I've not tried yet, and I'm always a bit jealous of those who can do it well.  I haven't yet come up with a subject matter I really want to try, so I've been thinking about just drawing my own.  (If Dubya was my thang, I might ask you if I could borrow yours, but don't take offense if that doesn't happen. Wink )

Which just goes to show that not all of we nasty liberals can be expected to take cheap shots.  (A comment I felt was a bit of a cheap shot itself, but I forgive you.  I'm probably just as proud of bearing the title "liberal" as you are of being a Republican.  We just have to remember we've got common ground on Craftster.)   

For some reason, I'm not so in to Mr. T.  But for all you republicans out there (or really anyone, because who doesn't like Michael J. Fox), what about a stencil of Alex P. Keaton with "WWAD" under it?  Ooh, I just noticed that spells a long, drawn-out wad.  OK, maybe not...  On to the next craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004 08:56:51 PM »

I'm sorry about the outspoken democrats making the low punches, meg. you did an awesome job on your shirt, and I agree that it's super neat you were able to use anti-signs for good.
I dont know about anyone else, but I always have "What Would Martha Do?" in the back of my mind when I attempt the projects on craftster.
WWMSD?  Wink
haha, WWAD. waaaad. thats too funny.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Backlight Scenes
How to Take a Basic Picture Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set Up the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Basic Pictures
How to Light with a Super Wide Angle Lens
How a Viewer is Affected by your Image
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...