A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Viva Bush!!!  (Read 11752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meg461
« on: November 02, 2004 07:07:35 AM »

That's right guys, i'm a hardcore republican craftster and not ashamed of it! 

http://community.webshots.com/photo/189586541/210321353qRkBuo

http://community.webshots.com/photo/210321373/210321373NYRahh

And the best part?
I got the Bush stencil off of some anti-bush stencil!  Good times.  Hope ya'll voted today!  Whatever your stance. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arrhythmia
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004 08:46:14 AM »

Cool shirt! I love the lettering on the front, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004 08:57:10 AM »

hee! I'm rooting for the other guy, but I think your shirt turned out great! The letting on the front *is* fabulous. Hurrah for political crafting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
Cami
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004 10:19:59 AM »

Bush for '04

Wicked shirt you got there!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo. Cami
ellseybell

It's a hard job being a beautiful assistant...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004 12:58:26 PM »

I wish I had done something cool like that. Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever." -- Judge Judy
havilah

If you ask me how I amIll say Im fine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004 02:18:24 PM »

I dig the shirt and the message!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its easier to lie than stand emotionally bare.
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004 02:40:04 PM »

Nice shirt Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfre etobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
niftylicious

Rich girls eat Chanel ice cream

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004 04:04:32 PM »

woah. A pro-Bush person. I never see those anymore....anyway, good stenciling! And that you got it from an anti Bush thing makes it that much more awesome! heehee, I love oxymoronic-type things... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004 04:29:03 PM »

Thanks for the support guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004 06:56:52 PM »

Great shirt! I love the lettering.

Mama always said, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
asteriskmanagement

she's crafty like ice is cold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004 09:10:56 PM »

Mama always said, If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!

i've never been too obedient, anyways....

great job stenciling, terrible taste in candidate.

--jessie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.'
- mark twain
kkiinnkkyy
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2004 09:13:00 PM »

To be honest, I think you did a very good job on it. The lettering on "Viva" is really cool. Although I think you might have wanted to make the picture of him on the back a little less.. moronic? Undecided He looks like a grinning village idiot. Perhaps more detail?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men.  ~Leonardo Da Vinci
meg461
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2004 09:24:11 PM »

well....once again, maybe liberals did exactly as I expected and took some cheap shots. could we please be more mature about this?  It's ridiculous really.  I am just as much entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, but at least I didn't run around bashing Kerry.  I simply made a shirt stating my decision for a candidate.  And all of you would get mad if the tables were turned and I made put a comment against a kerry shirt that someone made. 

Eventually....and I do mean eventually after the last election...we'll know who our president will be.  And then it'll be settled.  No cheap shots necessary.  Just let Americans vote and if it comes out democrat, so be it, and if it comes out republican, so be it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2004 09:50:49 PM »

well....once again, maybe liberals did exactly as I expected and took some cheap shots. could we please be more mature about this?  It's ridiculous really.  I am just as much entitled to my opinion as you are to yours, but at least I didn't run around bashing Kerry.  I simply made a shirt stating my decision for a candidate.  And all of you would get mad if the tables were turned and I made put a comment against a kerry shirt that someone made. 

Eventually....and I do mean eventually after the last election...we'll know who our president will be.  And then it'll be settled.  No cheap shots necessary.  Just let Americans vote and if it comes out democrat, so be it, and if it comes out republican, so be it. 

while i am democrat and am anti-bush, i totally agree with you. there is no sense in arguing about politics; everyone always gets upset, and no matter what you say, they believe their candidate is best.  this election has proved to be a sore spot for many american's, and since this is a craft forum, we should probably stick to the crafts.

About the shirt...I like the font on front...was that from a stencil or did you freehand it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
EmilyFlew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2004 09:52:12 PM »

Seriously, people. Why would you make a comment just to say something rude about the subject matter? If I didn't like say, rabbits, and someone made a shirt with a rabbit, I wouldn't tell them about how much I don't like rabbits. I just wouldn't comment, because I would know I couldn't do so fairly and nicely. I think it's awesome that so many people on this board are so excited about the issues and so creative that they can make so many neat things about them.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just up way past my bedtime waiting for the results from Ohio to come in. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thoughts and days.

kategirl

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2004 09:59:46 PM »

ok, folks, no more talk about the candidates.  everyone place nice, k?

btw, I like the shirt.  I agree, what is that font on the front?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

disorientedx

be yourself... and you'll always be in fashion.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004 10:14:25 PM »

i like your shirts<333
THIS ROCKS   Logged

be yourself... and you'll always be in fashion.
meg461
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004 06:26:34 AM »

Thanks guys.

I actually saw the Viva Bush stuff around and found a picture on the web and made a stencil out of it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thejigisup
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004 06:54:20 AM »

Your shirt reminds me a little of the very funny "What would Johnny Damon Do?" shirts I've been seeing around here in Boston. You could stencil up a "WWWD?" shirt with the same graphic. It'd be great! I mean, I don't think it would be disrespectful to...um...ya know, the big J.

In the meantime, in betweentime, I'll be stencilling my own "Viva La Revolucion" shirts with scary red left-wing fonts! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me has been told me has healing hands.
decibel
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004 07:27:49 AM »

Hi there grrls! I'm totally new to the posting thing and just had to let you I M P R E S S I V E L Y cool craftster guys know exactly how much the rest of the world is holding its breath right now... Jeez, I'm sitting here in my small corner of the world (watching CNN, folding laundry and writing an essay - yay for multi tasking Cheesy) waiting for the decision to be made! We're watching you - and it is hellishly exciting! Grin

Oh... um... and yes - In an exclusively-technique-related sorta way I'd have to say: Nice work!

Greetings from Sweden,
Jessica.  Kiss

PS. So, what's the deal with Nader?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004 08:14:21 AM »

Your shirt reminds me a little of the very funny "What would Johnny Damon Do?" shirts I've been seeing around here in Boston. You could stencil up a "WWWD?" shirt with the same graphic. It'd be great! I mean, I don't think it would be disrespectful to...um...ya know, the big J.

In the meantime, in betweentime, I'll be stencilling my own "Viva La Revolucion" shirts with scary red left-wing fonts! Wink

That's awesome!  I bet that shirt will look so great.  I like the WWWD? idea.  good times.  I might have to use someone else's name and picture for that instead though.  like.....I don't know....WWMTD? What would Mr. T do? or something of the like.  Thanks for the idea and good luck with your shirt and especially with those SCARY red left-wing fonts....haha...I'm sure they'll be terrifyingly cool.  Adios
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2004 08:20:18 AM »

Very cool shirt.  I am endlessly fascinated by screen printing, but have yet to try it.  Maybe when my daughter is older - right now she is a little too fascinated with all of my crafts to break out the paints.....

<snort>  WWMTD?  That is GREAT!!  You could have a stencil with a mohawk and big ugly gold chains.

and I agree - just b/c I didn't vote for Bush doesn't mean that I can't appreciate great crafts and fun ideas....  of course since it is looking like Dubya is going to be around for 4 more, the dems/libs could have thier own shirts --  WWKD  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
vintagechick
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004 08:39:11 AM »

Love your shirt! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2004 08:56:41 AM »

Very cool shirt.  I am endlessly fascinated by screen printing, but have yet to try it. 

I just used fabric paint and a sponge to do this shirt.  It was super easy and fast. 

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137486,00.html

Whoohoooooooooooooo oo!  Pardon my excitement....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2004 10:24:33 AM »

usually crafty people aren't republican for they tend to think for themselves.  but good job on the shirt

That is just childish, as well as being incorrect.  I am a Republican, yet have always been incredibly crafty, and independent minded.  Crafting and creativity is something that supercedes political lines.  Though, occasionally certain craft has fallen victim to politics (like knitting, which was previously rejected by feminists).  But, crafting isn't about politics. It's about an expression of self.

Also, regardless of political affiliation, some people tend to let others decide for them, and some people think for themselves.  That has nothing to do with which party you are a member of.  I know just as many liberals as conservatives who blindly follow party lines. 

Despite seeing plenty of posts in this forum that politically I do not agree with, I bite my tounge and do the mature thing of abstaining from comment, unless it is constructive and considerate of others.  Perhaps you should consider trying to do the same.  It's fine if you don't like Bush (I'm not all that happy with him either), but is it absolutely necessary to insult someone's craft because of your political views? You can just ignore posts such as these, and instead add a pro-Kerry message in a pro-Kerry forum/thread.  This country would be far better off if people were less negative, bitter, and nasty to each other, and more respectful of each other and our differences.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
thejigisup
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2004 10:43:53 AM »

I think we can ALL come together in appreciation of...Mr. T.

I pity the sucka. Oh yes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me has been told me has healing hands.
meg461
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004 11:17:06 AM »

I think we can ALL come together in appreciation of...Mr. T.

I pity the sucka. Oh yes.

I concur.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
I Am So Snazzy
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2004 06:43:39 PM »

You know what is really sad?? I was relying on these boards to be the one place I could get away from politics... This is the only board I have been to where everyone has been nice and not bashed eachother on anything (not just politics) until now. Everyone should just keep their political standpoint to themself, at least on this board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2004 08:49:21 PM »

I think your shirt turned out wonderfully.  Stenciling is something I've not tried yet, and I'm always a bit jealous of those who can do it well.  I haven't yet come up with a subject matter I really want to try, so I've been thinking about just drawing my own.  (If Dubya was my thang, I might ask you if I could borrow yours, but don't take offense if that doesn't happen. Wink )

Which just goes to show that not all of we nasty liberals can be expected to take cheap shots.  (A comment I felt was a bit of a cheap shot itself, but I forgive you.  I'm probably just as proud of bearing the title "liberal" as you are of being a Republican.  We just have to remember we've got common ground on Craftster.)   

For some reason, I'm not so in to Mr. T.  But for all you republicans out there (or really anyone, because who doesn't like Michael J. Fox), what about a stencil of Alex P. Keaton with "WWAD" under it?  Ooh, I just noticed that spells a long, drawn-out wad.  OK, maybe not...  On to the next craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2004 08:56:51 PM »

I'm sorry about the outspoken democrats making the low punches, meg. you did an awesome job on your shirt, and I agree that it's super neat you were able to use anti-signs for good.
I dont know about anyone else, but I always have "What Would Martha Do?" in the back of my mind when I attempt the projects on craftster.
WWMSD?  Wink
haha, WWAD. waaaad. thats too funny.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2004 09:05:40 PM »

For some reason, I'm not so in to Mr. T.  But for all you republicans out there (or really anyone, because who doesn't like Michael J. Fox), what about a stencil of Alex P. Keaton with "WWAD" under it?  Ooh, I just noticed that spells a long, drawn-out wad.  OK, maybe not...  On to the next craft.

You could make it WWAKD (What Would Alex Keaton Do?) and then it would read like "whacked"

For Conservatives, a WWRD (What Would Reagan Do?) may be good, with a picture of the Gipper stenciled on the shirt.  Or, if you like him, What Would Arnold Do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meg461
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2004 09:31:15 PM »

Which just goes to show that not all of we nasty liberals can be expected to take cheap shots.  (A comment I felt was a bit of a cheap shot itself, but I forgive you.  I'm probably just as proud of bearing the title "liberal" as you are of being a Republican.  We just have to remember we've got common ground on Craftster.)   

You are totally right.  It was a cheap shot.  Guess I got a little defensive. sorry about that. 

I love all the ideas of the WWAKD? and such.  I think a what would arnold do? one would be hysterical....just cause i feel like you have to say it as "WHAAt wooood AAHHNALD doo?"  ya know w/ his accent and all.  ok...just makes me laugh. 

As for the 'what would martha do?' i was thinking of that too!  but i was trying to figure out how it would be taken....funny? offensive? And i'm not sure how i would mean it...i think that's the main issue.  I don't wanna wear a shirt unless i know what i'm trying to get at. 

What would Alex Keaton do? is also an awesome idea! 

As for stenciling, it's super easy!  I just make something in power point or something (using pictures or clip art or just font) and turn it to black and white.  Then just print it on cardstock, use an exacto knife to cut it out, pin it to the shirt or bag, etc.  then just sponge fabric paint on.  REAL SIMPLE, i promise Wink

And I'm glad the convo is steering away from politics.  I never meant to turn it into political mudslinging or anything, just wanted to share my shirt. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2004 09:56:57 PM »

Its all good, meg.  Some of us liberals are the love-everyone, tree-hugger types.  I think they call us "bleeding hearts".  We don't like cheap shots either, even if they are against people we don't like.

I love the Ahnold idea.  Of course, the WW_D could be carried to many new levels.  What Would Barney Do with a picture of Barney the Presidential Scottie...  What Would Kennedy Do with a picture of JFK on the front and one of Marilyn Monroe on the back...  Or, change the K to a C and put Clinton on the front and Lewinsky on the back.  Ooorr, WWLD with Lewinsky on the front and a cigar on the back...  Ok, I could go on like this for days, but it is probably advisable I stop now.

Now, I laughed out loud when I thought of this one, and I fear not many on this thread will appreciate it.  It popped into my head when I read the WWMarthaD idea.  What about WWMD with no picture at all but the lettering... What Weapons of Mass Destruction?  Oh, Ok, I'll shrink back into my hole now.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
havilah

If you ask me how I amIll say Im fine.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2004 01:06:33 AM »

I dig your Mark Twain quote, jessie.  Did I just post the word 'dig' twice on one thread?  yikes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Its easier to lie than stand emotionally bare.
asteriskmanagement

she's crafty like ice is cold

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2004 01:16:40 AM »

thanks havilah!

i feel so bad about my previous comment, i really wasn't trying to be a snot. sometimes my sense of humor does not come across on the internet at all.

meg461, i only intended that as a lighthearted teasing, i'm so sorry. i think it's great that you decided to diy shirt, yours was the only one i've ever seen. in fact, i never even saw an official bush tee in my state of utah, i guess they figured there was no need to spread the word over here. heh.

feeling totally sheepish,
--jessie

THIS ROCKS   Logged

'whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.'
- mark twain
EmilyFlew

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2004 06:19:11 AM »

No worries, Miss Jessie! I think everyone's emotions are just running a leeetle bit high right now. All the more need for a little humour injection! Don't go back to lurking...  Smiley

Oh, and I just read Lothruin's WhatWouldKennedyDo. ..hilarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thoughts and days.

meg461
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2004 07:02:47 AM »

I feel like we all need a group hug or something? haha.  Nah, it's all good, guys.  If I only liked people that agreed w/ me on everything, i wouldn't have any friends.  And someone posted a John Kerry shirt on another forum.  It turned out really well.  Thought i'd throw that in there for the sake of peace and she did do a really good job on it. 

What Weapons of Mass Destruction?  I don't agree, but seriously very funny!  I love it. 

Maybe we should all have some bonding and make "What would a Craftster do?" shirts.  WWCD?  That's such a good question too....i mean...we do things a little differently than most.  Like use their wall street journals that are supposed to be for class as backing when i cut out stencils so i don't cut my carpet.  Smiley  maybe that's just me.  haha.  Or taking a shirt that we hate and turning into something we love! 

I love this site.  so fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2004 07:13:28 AM »

i absolutely luv ur shirt!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.' ).')     
.*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  * .      
(. '(.'**`'.)`'.)   Rock on!
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2004 08:40:21 AM »

Great shirt!  That face stencil is VERY professional looking.  I was thinking maybe WWSD: what would the smurfs do  I watched them this morning, they are very active in their community.  Maybe in '08 I could make a shirt with Papa Smurf on it with the Words "Papa Smurf for President: Fighting for what's smurfy"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2004 09:56:49 AM »

You could make it WWAKD (What Would Alex Keaton Do?) and then it would read like "whacked"

Nah, you can make it WWAPKD - What would Alex P. Keaton Do?   Grin  I caught a couple of old episodes of family ties on the satellite in the wee hours of the morning this weekend, and I remember thinking - the P, of course!  I'm not at my best cognitive function in the wee hours obviously  Roll Eyes

Now my brain is stuck in 80's mode in the WW_D theme --
PB -- Punky Brewster
WW -- Willy Wonka
HH -- Hulk Hogan
HM -- HeMan
SR -- SheRa
GIJ -- GI Joe

PaPa Smurf --teehee -- I think I'd like to see Smurfette -- WWSD?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tinsley Mortimer on Her New Book, Southern Charm
How to Stay Focused on Your Weight Loss
Alan Cumming Discusses His Macbeth Adaptation
Mark Henshaw on His Debut Thriller, "Red Cell"
The Forsaken Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...