A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,047
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tax String and Plastic Bag Totes  (Read 1808 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: April 10, 2007 09:03:21 AM »

My friends, Lissa and Carrie, reuse and recycle everything.  We always have craft days where we spend the day stabbing ourselves with needles, cramping our hands from crocheting or knitting, and overdosing on Pepsi.

Here's the results from last week's Craft Day:

Here's the bag Lissa made with collected strings from Tax Form bundles (she spent the morning tying 10" strings in knots)...

Here's the bag Carrie crocheted with a ginormous hook and complained all day that her hands hurt really bad (ha ha). She spent the morning cutting plastic bags up and looping them together to make plastic yarn

Though the bag doesn't hold it's shape when not held, it makes everything feel tons lighter.  We tested this out by putting 6 cans of food inside of it and you could swear you were only holding 3 cans of food.  Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007 09:18:28 AM »

I'm always excited when folks reuse stuff.  Those bags look pretty heavy duty too.  You made my morning. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
perianmellon
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007 11:00:51 AM »

Those are really cool!  I especially like the plastic bag one.  I've been trying to come up with a way to carry groceries and reuse all the plastic bags I have from previous grocery store trips and this might just be it ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007 11:29:02 AM »

Those are really cool!  I especially like the plastic bag one.  I've been trying to come up with a way to carry groceries and reuse all the plastic bags I have from previous grocery store trips and this might just be it ^_^

Maybe when I learn to crochet, I can be a cool recycler like you guys! I always have cubic yards (almost said tons, but that would probably equal cubic MILES, they are SO light!) of those plastic bags even after sending them off to groups that re-use them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007 12:34:31 PM »

I want to try crocheting with plastic bags. I have yet to do it becasue All mine get used as trash bags in the car, or the ferrets hide them behind the couch and then they are never seen again.
Great work you guys!
(if I had some cool bags maybe I"d crochet with them. The white ones seem so boring.Sad )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AcrophobicPixie
Resident Piximacated Person

Kneesocks of DOOOM! DOOOM, I say!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007 01:02:27 PM »

<.<
>.>

I see walgreens bags...

*hides*

PS Cute bags Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't piss off Pixie's... they tend to be mean when they swarm!
spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007 09:59:19 PM »

<.<
>.>

I see walgreens bags...

*hides*

PS Cute bags Smiley

ha Those are Price Chopper bags.  You were close though - same colors as Walgreen's!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007 11:20:45 PM »

Haha those are great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
RecycleCindy

My Signature Recycled Bag

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007 11:56:07 AM »

I love your plastic bag tote! It's really wonderful to see so many people crafting with recycled materials. If anyone needs tutorials on how to make the "yarn" or patterns, I have them available free at http://www.myrecycledbags.com/. I love to share so others can crochet these bags too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleCindy
http://www.myrecycledbags.com
My Website dedicated to recycling & crafting
Free patterns & ideas for recycled crafts!
spurtiic
Jennorific

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007 01:50:55 PM »

I love your plastic bag tote! It's really wonderful to see so many people crafting with recycled materials. If anyone needs tutorials on how to make the "yarn" or patterns, I have them available free at http://www.myrecycledbags.com/. I love to share so others can crochet these bags too.
Thanks for sharing the link!  I love the VHS tape!  I'm now starting a plastic bag mission at work, so that I can make a bunch of plastic bags and give them to friends for Christmas/birthdays to use at the market.  I want them myself, too  Smiley  I think they're awesome. And I always feel guilty going to the store and asking for plastic b/c I can't bear chopping a tree down for a paper bag, but then the plastic bags get shoved in another bag and I never take them back to the store to reuse.  I think having crocheted plastic bag bags would solve my dilemma. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Marchesa Debuts Affordable Daywear Line
Temperley London - Designer Bio - Videofashion
Vintage Look: Dolly Python Talks Vintage Fashion
Katy Perry Roars Into Fall With Leather
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...