A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ramen Noodle Zippered Pouch  (Read 29443 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CloudxxSeph
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007 06:55:03 PM »

i don't care that the idea wasn't originally yours; i fucking love you. and i'd totally ask you to marry me right about now. but i'm too sleepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MnkyMama
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007 08:52:50 PM »

I really frickin love it!  I want to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spiderlady
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2007 10:43:17 AM »

I have an empty Trader Joe's potato chip bag in my living room that I am looking at in a new way, thanks to you!  Now, I'm off to order a teflon foot for my cheapie Wal-Mart Brother sewing machine....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am an apologist for the spiders.

Just treat me no differently than you would the Tarantula Queen.
BeatnikChick
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2007 10:57:24 AM »

I DIG THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!  FANTASTIC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Human rights are for EVERYONE.  Did you know that Aung San Suu Kyi had been released from house arrest in Burma? Many other prisoners of conscience are still being detained.  Please research this topic... Amnesty International needs your help.
Vampirial_Lust
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007 09:16:14 AM »

OMG im eating those RIGHT NOW!.....
I almost choked on the noodles, looking at it....
Im so addicted to those things.
Great Freakin' JOb...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

L i N z E e
klynslis
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2007 05:08:09 PM »

Clever, crafty and cute!

If you don't like having the vinyl on the bottom and you don't have a teflon foot (they're cheap!) you can also put some paper (like newsprint) on top of the vinyl. Just sew through the paper and you can tear it right out after it's sewn.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
itsnikki
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2007 05:32:15 PM »

I think I have some fabric like your lining! Mine were some sheets that my mother in law gave me. *lol*

And Maruchan Chicken Flavored are pretty much the only ones I'll eat. *lol* That's perfect! I *NEED* one. Cheesy:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.

My LJ

-Add me to your livejournal, and I'll add you back!!
laurakay
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007 01:04:28 PM »

So I've gotten obsessed with this idea.  I've been very carefully opening ramen noodle packets... and, going out on a limb, potato chip packages!  I had 2 family  size packages, and 2 single serving packages.

I'm going to attempt to attach handles to 2 of the ramen packets -- tiny little purses for little girls.  I have already sewn the packages to the lining fabric.  When I get the vinyl I think I'll sew the zipper in, then attach the lining and vinyl per the zippered pouch tutorial.

I think I goofed by sewing the potato chip package to the lining, however, because I really wanted to put a pocket in.  But maybe it's not a mistake because I'm not sure how much stress the package can take.

If I get it done in time, I'm hoping to take the potato chip bag with me to ... jury duty.  Maybe it will stir up some conversations during an otherwise stressful situation for me (I don't want to do jury duty!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klynslis
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2007 07:28:52 AM »

Laurakay -

Be sure to post some photos of your potato chip bags and the little purselets. Oh, and take a good book to jury duty. There's a lot of waiting around involved, and people usually don't feel much like talking.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See my etsy shop! http://LYarost.etsy.com
laurakay
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007 02:45:41 PM »

Klynslis, would you believe I'm an unemployed lawyer?  The courthouse is the last place I want to be right now, with my former co-workers lurking about -- and probably going to be trying cases!

I think there will be a lot of sitting for me, it's pretty unlikely they'll pick me, so I'm thinking about taking some handpiecing (quilting) with me.  But I'll look pretty darn cute with my potato chip bag!

I just hope it doesn't smell.  I washed it out with hot soapy water, gave it a scrub with a sponge and let it air dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bald and the Beautiful: Anthony Eats America Ep. 1 - Deleted Scene
Award-Winning Chili With Christine Knight-Ober in San Antonio, TX
Spam Kulebiak with Peggy Linberg in Upland, CA
Southern Tomato Pie Recipe
Grilling Without The Grill: Steak With Bourbon Butter Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...