A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Singer-themed bridal shower?  (Read 1066 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hydro
« on: April 09, 2007 02:49:30 PM »

I had posted in this forum a while back looking for ideas for a picnic/outdoors-themed bridal shower for my sister, but kinda got bored with that idea, and somehow got the idea to do a "Wedding-Singer"-themed shower instead.  She and her fiance both love that movie, as do most people  in our circle of friends/family, so I think pretty much everyone would "get" the theme.  I'm thinking basically 80's everything, music of course, possibly karoke.  My other ideas include:

-a big glittery "Emma & Steven" sign on the wall, with those cheesy metallic streamers

-somehow incorporate "Table Nine," like maybe a smaller table where guests can sit when they're feeling "left out," or...?

-let the guests know they should dress up in 80's formal gear, or provide some stuff at the party (metallic vests, ginormous hair bows, etc.) 

Any other ideas would be much appreciated!  Food, favors, games, etc.  Thanks! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007 02:51:08 PM »

man, that'd be fun!

you could have the soundtrack(s) playing, perhaps you could get ahold of a billy idol cut-out, umm...  man, i don't know.  serve meatballs!  good luck, that sounds like a great time Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007 03:08:54 PM »

I think they have Alabama Slammers (a coctail) when they go out to the club on a double date.  You could play that culture club song over and over (just kidding, but that was a funny part to the movie when Alexi Arquette kept singing it over and over).  You could do the invitations with music notes like the gift that Julia gives to Adam Sandler's character.  I don't have everything memorized, but htat movie is one of my husband's favorites so I have it memorized.  Sounds like a great party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hydro
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007 10:50:42 AM »

Thanks for the awesome ideas!  I'd forgotten all about the meatballs!  Maybe make the guests carry them home in their hands?  Wink Food-wise I was thinking of doing bite-sized pieces of prime rib (if I can find it on sale!) and some kind of fish, probably salmon, on toothpicks.  Now I also want to have meatballs!  Plus fruit/veggie/cheese trays, just for balance.  I also thought about making "samples" of wedding cake (making several cakes with white frosting and fondant flowers/decor, and cutting them into small squares, sort of like petit fours, but not).  Does that make sense?

I'll have to do some searching online to find out how to make an Alabama Slammer.  (Unfortunately, with this particular crowd, they'll have to be virgin drinks-- boooring!)  Tongue But that would be a cute "signature" drink.  Thanks again for the feedback. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thrift Shop Romantic
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007 12:30:05 PM »

What a fun theme!

Someone needs to come dressed as 80s Madonna.

Maybe the space of honor for your sister to sit in should be "the window seat".

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hydro
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007 03:15:13 PM »

I'd forgotten about the "window seat"!  Cute!  It looks like it's turning into a couple shower, though, so I guess they'll have to fight over the window seat!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thrift Shop Romantic
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007 11:57:02 AM »

Well, I guess themically, if he's the right fellow for your sister, he won't have problems sharing it. :-)

I hope you'll post pics of what you come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamakay
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007 08:52:53 PM »

This is the best bridal shower theme ever.  I love all the ideas that people have come up with.  How about keep the Karoke but have it be like the couple is holding auditions  for their wedding singer--the more outlandish the better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hydro
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007 08:52:44 AM »

Fun idea!  Thanks for the input!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pinata
How to Make Oil Cruets
Learn About the Art of Embroidery
Introduction to Yarn Sizes
How to Make Plates
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...