A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stubborn emulsion  (Read 628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lizzybethdotnet
« on: April 08, 2007 08:45:28 PM »

I was exposing my screen and just had a terrible time trying to wash it out.  I exposed it for =~4.5 minutes near sunset, and looking back that was probally a slight over exposure.  To top things off the nozzel on the hose shoots a nice powerful jet of water, but doesn't spread it out like I'm used to.  So after trying for a half hour to wash it out and being foiled I decided to use and old brush with plastic bristles to really just scrub the screen, figuring now or never.  It actually didn't damage the stencil, which was nice, but even with that I just could not get the last bits of emulsion out of the screen.  When you look at it the stencil looks fine, but when you hold it up to the light you can tell that half of the holes in fine areas are still clogged.  The problem areas are parts of the design that have very fine lines, like 1 or 2 pixel at 150dpi thin on the transparency.  Otherwise the exposure was perfect and I'd hate to reclaim the screen only to possibly have the same misfortune befall me again, and I'd hate to alter my bussiness card design, which would have to totally be redone if I can't make this work...

So, and tips, suggestions, insight, as to how I can get those stubborn squares open, or at least be succesful next time I try to make a stencil with very fine detail?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhinestonextract

i just met a girl from the future

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007 09:02:11 PM »

i know there is a green spray solution that we use at school which breaks it up and makes it much easier to wash but unfortunately i can't remember for the life of me what it is called.
if i think of it i'll let you know, but it might not be a bad idea to google and see if anything comes up since now you know there is something.
sorry i couldn't be more help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaRose
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007 11:07:57 AM »

careful, that's probably an emulsion remover used to reclaim your screen! your best bet is probably to reclaim and start over again. are you using the green emulsion or the caramel? because the caramel can be extremely stubborn since it's made to last longer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
Healthy Kitchen Swaps
Decadent Mac and Cheese, from Ina Garten
A Super Bowl Party Menu, from Ina Garten
Feeding the Super Bowl Crowd, from Martha Stewart
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...