A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy cosplay ideas?  (Read 993 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiger_Eye

Well, this one time, at band camp....-American Pie

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2007 02:17:31 PM »

Going to my first anime/manga convention soon, need ideas for what character to go as! Any cheap and easy ideas? I don;t mind what character, but no hentai
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your body is made of 70% water. If you drink water, then, does that make you a cannibal?
Jaded_Dragon
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007 03:28:02 PM »

I've never cosplayed myself, but I've been 'in the scene' or whatever for a while.
I'm pretty sure that any character that wears a kimono is pretty easy. Samuri D and Ichigo (from Bleach) both wear black ones, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_gromit
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007 10:29:17 PM »

Going with the kimono idea, you could go as Inu-Yasha or Akane (from Ranma 1/2) or even Ranma himself/herself.

Ren from "Blade of the Immortal" manga also wears one.  Its red with orange flames on it.  Her weapons of choice are her father's Chinese sword and dozens of tiny daggers (which she hides in her sleeves).

If you're into Naruto, Inu's outfit is relatively easy.  And you'd get to wear black fishnets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitting_gromit
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007 10:30:12 PM »

Oops, my bad.  Ranma doesn't have kimonos, they have cheung-sam.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SexyVixen
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007 11:06:41 AM »

I am going to my first cosplay ever to. I was going to have a dress made off of ebay cuz I dont know how to sew but the damn people made it to small for me. I am hoping to go as Chi from Chobits. I have the dress pictures to show you what dress I hope to make either by having a friend of my moms help me out or by taking it into somewhere in Hamilton to get it made as I dont have time to have it sent from ebay again nor do I want to attempt that again. I don't have a petticoat and the only thing I know for sure is the dress I want made and that I want it to be above the knee or just at the knee and a light pink colour. Any and all help on fabric choices and pattern ideas etc as I have looked today through a bunch of books and found nothing really of use....one book being the simplicity book that people keep raving about and I am still stuck. I am running out of time so help appreciated and sorry for the long post!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michpitts
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007 08:17:28 PM »

For my first convention I made a shinigami robe (Bleach). It was pretty easy - the trickiest thing was the pleats in the hakama, and finding good shoes. (No matter what anyone tells you, odn't weave your own. Authenticity sucks when your wearing your own waraji).
Good at luck at your first Con!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muffins_Goes_RAWR
Don't get your bloomers in a bunch.

Glamour is art and I am my own work of art.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007 09:58:06 PM »

You could go as Kagome from Inuyasha.

All you'd need is a sailor-esque shirt, a grey pleated skirt, some white socks and black shoes. A bow and arrow would be good too.

You could take a regular white shirt and add the green collar, red tie thingy, and green cuffs.

There's lots of tutes on pleated skirts. She shouldn't be too hard.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Anyone can get all dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their off days, that are the most intriguing." - Alexander Wang
kles879
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007 12:48:48 PM »

Edward from cowboy bebop is hella easy
black shorts and a small baggy white shirt.
only thing thats even slighly dificult depending on your situation is dyeing your hair red and finding some goggles
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dazzling Lemon Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
Merry Marble Snickerdoodles Recipe
How to Build a Layer Cake
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Cinnamon-Apple Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...