A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,099
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Duct Tape Rose Bouquet with Tutorial!  (Read 31260 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bouquet , duct_tape_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whatzudoin
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007 03:54:48 PM »

whatzudoin: I love the blue! Arent blue roses symbolic of friendship? Use heavy wire if you decide to go that way. Seth (the bf) used 24 gauge floral wire- which made the roses kinda floppy.

Haha I don't know what it's symbolic of it's just my fav color. So how to you make them seem more open? That's where I had little problem as you can tell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007 08:58:58 PM »

whatzudoin: try making your squares of tape smaller, and use more petals. Honestly, I didn't make them, so i dont know exactly what his tricks are. But I watched him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is more important to be yourself than to hide things. The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality "-John Frusciante
pinksparklystars

Muffin <3 Pumpkin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2007 07:41:13 AM »

Thanks for the tutorials, i had seen your room on another thread and thought those roses were so cute! For sure going to use them in my decor for my new apartment  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatzudoin
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2007 08:08:16 PM »

Ok I kept trying and this is what I camee up with lol. I hope you like it. The tutorial was awesome! I just kept adding that was the problem with it. Smiley It's my new craft thing for my room and it's addicting lol.

Below is the hidden one in the picture...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007 08:09:28 PM by whatzudoin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007 05:25:18 PM »

whatzudoin:I love your roses! The multicolored petals are awesome- I think I will have to try that next! Great Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is more important to be yourself than to hide things. The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality "-John Frusciante
whatzudoin
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007 05:29:38 PM »

whatzudoin:I love your roses! The multicolored petals are awesome- I think I will have to try that next! Great Job!

Thanks.. HAHA see my problem now is it's so cool it's addicting. I made a bunch for my room and I sent one to my friend for his birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008 06:49:21 PM »

Hmmm.  I might make these for my psych teacher and Latin teacher (they're getting married on Saturday).   Grin

Now to find a ride to Home Depot... DAAAAAAAAAD!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2008 01:10:32 PM »

Thanks so much for the awesome tute!

My husband had the evil idea of wrapping my brother's birthday gift in 60 yards of duct tape. We then wrapped it like normal and I added a rose for the top as a "clue". All we have here is the silver kind but I'm happy with how it looks. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008 07:42:16 PM »

SkyyAngel- I busted out laughing when I read that. What an amazingly evil idea! I will do this to someone this Christmas.

You know what would be better? To put the present in multiple boxes, and wrap a few completely in duct tape. Or maybe something else inbetween.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkyyAngel
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008 03:55:11 AM »

Oh he was also going to wrap up a layer in 550 cord (parachute cord) that he'd have to unwind or cut through as well as the 100 MPH tape (duct tape but cannot be torn, you have to cut it) in another layer but we couldn't find his stuff. Smiley I at least insisted on using the whole roll of duct tape, DH wasn't going to do that at first, but I insisted that I wanted the package to be "squishy" it had so much tape on it.

As we were wrapping I also came up with the idea of a layer of pennies or washers or something metal that you couldn't cut through and would have to stop and remove a bunch to get through the rest. Couldn't do that though since we have to mail my brother his package and if they decide to x-ray it and can't see through it... well, I'd rather not have the bomb squad involved on my brother's birthday, LOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Think Like a Star with This Celeb Inspired Makeup Look
How to Make Your Own Spiced-Up Potato Chips
Top 5 Chicken Wings In Chicago
How To Make Buttermilk Biscuits And Pork Gravy
How To Make A Southern Coleslaw Burger
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...