A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: jewelry holder  (Read 4250 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8thagr8
« on: April 07, 2007 10:12:54 PM »

i have way too many necklaces considering i only have one neck.  too many earrings, too. now i need more wall space in my bathroom because i already need to make more of these suckers. 

i've never found a jewelry holder i have liked.  originally i wanted to transform a corkboard into a jewelry holder by breaking it into a 1/3 - 2/3 thing with fabric covering the cork and putting teacup hooks to hang necklaces randomly on the 2/3 side and earrings on the 1/3 side.  never did get around to it, but genius struck me one day and off to ikea and the hardware store i went. 

you've all seen those little square mirrors in a huge wooden frame at ikea.  they have them in a few different colors and plain and they're way cheap.  so i snagged a few of them and bought some teacup hooks and eye screw thingies (why am i spacing on the name of those things??) and started planning.  this is what i came up with:

somewhat extreme closeup:

i wish i had pre-drilled the holes because two of them are separating at the corners.  but since they were so cheap (probably under 5 bucks each - complete!), i'll eventually go get some more and pre-drill, then re-make them.  as you can see, i already need more of them, but i don't have the wallspace, so i'm just kinda doubling up on a lot of my necklaces and earrings. 

anyway, i dig 'em and they are the absolute perfect remedy to my i-don't-like-any-jewelry-holder-i-see problem.  hope you dig 'em too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
mschicamae
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007 10:49:38 PM »

Wow that was a great idea!  I may have to try that.  And you have great taste in jewelry too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnTheEdge
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007 03:48:52 AM »

I must make those!  The mirror in the center is perfect too.  Yep, I got to make those. 

Very cool idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007 07:39:53 AM »

What a great idea!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007 09:44:01 AM »

thanks ladies!!  it's a really quick make so those in search of instant gratification will be satisfied.  Smiley  i'm bummed because like i said, i'm out of wall space and as you can see, i'm out of hooks.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
Meats_no_treat
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007 07:18:23 PM »

Your project inspired me to make one also! So i did! Except mine isnt nearly as cool- no mirrors.  but thanks for the inspiration!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007 08:49:15 PM »

Martha has something similar on her website.  She used thread spools on hers. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=838827b07593f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=jewelry%20holder&rsc=ns2006_m4

Maybe that will give you more inspiration?  though I have to say yours are more appealing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007 10:27:29 PM »

Your project inspired me to make one also! So i did! Except mine isnt nearly as cool- no mirrors.  but thanks for the inspiration!!!

ooh i'm so impressed!  i wanna see!  :pics:  Cheesy

Martha has something similar on her website.  She used thread spools on hers. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=838827b07593f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=jewelry%20holder&rsc=ns2006_m4

Maybe that will give you more inspiration?  though I have to say yours are more appealing.

ahh that's cool.  i better not ever see my little jewelry holder on her site.  ha!  thanks for the compliment. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
jtfelix
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007 07:27:20 PM »

That has got to be the cutest jewelry holder I've seen yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sistersue
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007 07:48:24 PM »

Brilliant!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rules Of Thumb For Eyebrow Shaping
Swimwear Slimming Secrets
Affordable Style Staples For The Summer
Tricks For Oily Skin In The Summer
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...