A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,056
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: jewelry holder  (Read 4981 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

k8thagr8
« on: April 07, 2007 10:12:54 PM »

i have way too many necklaces considering i only have one neck.  too many earrings, too. now i need more wall space in my bathroom because i already need to make more of these suckers. 

i've never found a jewelry holder i have liked.  originally i wanted to transform a corkboard into a jewelry holder by breaking it into a 1/3 - 2/3 thing with fabric covering the cork and putting teacup hooks to hang necklaces randomly on the 2/3 side and earrings on the 1/3 side.  never did get around to it, but genius struck me one day and off to ikea and the hardware store i went. 

you've all seen those little square mirrors in a huge wooden frame at ikea.  they have them in a few different colors and plain and they're way cheap.  so i snagged a few of them and bought some teacup hooks and eye screw thingies (why am i spacing on the name of those things??) and started planning.  this is what i came up with:

somewhat extreme closeup:

i wish i had pre-drilled the holes because two of them are separating at the corners.  but since they were so cheap (probably under 5 bucks each - complete!), i'll eventually go get some more and pre-drill, then re-make them.  as you can see, i already need more of them, but i don't have the wallspace, so i'm just kinda doubling up on a lot of my necklaces and earrings. 

anyway, i dig 'em and they are the absolute perfect remedy to my i-don't-like-any-jewelry-holder-i-see problem.  hope you dig 'em too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
mschicamae
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007 10:49:38 PM »

Wow that was a great idea!  I may have to try that.  And you have great taste in jewelry too! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnTheEdge
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007 03:48:52 AM »

I must make those!  The mirror in the center is perfect too.  Yep, I got to make those. 

Very cool idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smashergrl
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007 07:39:53 AM »

What a great idea!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007 09:44:01 AM »

thanks ladies!!  it's a really quick make so those in search of instant gratification will be satisfied.  Smiley  i'm bummed because like i said, i'm out of wall space and as you can see, i'm out of hooks.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
Meats_no_treat
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007 07:18:23 PM »

Your project inspired me to make one also! So i did! Except mine isnt nearly as cool- no mirrors.  but thanks for the inspiration!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jnaos

"Creative clutter is better than idle neatness."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007 08:49:15 PM »

Martha has something similar on her website.  She used thread spools on hers. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=838827b07593f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=jewelry%20holder&rsc=ns2006_m4

Maybe that will give you more inspiration?  though I have to say yours are more appealing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007 10:27:29 PM »

Your project inspired me to make one also! So i did! Except mine isnt nearly as cool- no mirrors.  but thanks for the inspiration!!!

ooh i'm so impressed!  i wanna see!  :pics:  Cheesy

Martha has something similar on her website.  She used thread spools on hers. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.3a0656639de62ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgnextoid=838827b07593f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&autonomy_kw=jewelry%20holder&rsc=ns2006_m4

Maybe that will give you more inspiration?  though I have to say yours are more appealing.

ahh that's cool.  i better not ever see my little jewelry holder on her site.  ha!  thanks for the compliment. : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
jtfelix
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007 07:27:20 PM »

That has got to be the cutest jewelry holder I've seen yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sistersue
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007 07:48:24 PM »

Brilliant!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Miley Cyrus Vs. Taylor Swift: Rocker Vs. Chic Fashion
The Vera Wang Dress Code
What To Wear: Chevrons
Sarah Jessica Parker Launching Shoe Collection With Manolo Blahnik
Learn to Fold Your Tee Perfectly Every Time
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...