A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yorkshire Craftsters?  (Read 10592 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Midnightoak
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007 05:50:43 AM »

I am currently living in Leeds.

Most of my shopping is at the markets and craftwise. But I also get a lot 2nd hand or through charity shops.

In fact, in the Merrion Market is a guy who sells fabric for a pound a metre, end of roll stuff all good quality. Unfortunately he says he has lost so much custom in the past year he is closing down his shop and only doing weekly markets. If you pop in to his shop you could get even more for your money than usual, as he is trying to shift as much stock as possible to clear the space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
voodoozoe
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007 03:49:12 PM »

Thats good to know Midnightoak...thanks!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Audrey (Kent)
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007 09:14:04 AM »

Although now living in Kent, I'm Yorkshire born and proud of it!
We still visit family in Yorkshire and Embsay Craft (now called Samuel Taylor) Nr Skipton is well worth a visit.
Audrey
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mkt

Unicorn dreamin'

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007 07:14:36 AM »

I'm another displaced Yorkshire lass. I'm originally from Bingley, West Yorkshire, but I live in Brighton these days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rock_goddess
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007 03:52:01 AM »

^oh cool!

I'm originally from Doncaster  Embarrassed but I moved up to Keighley, West Yorkshire 3 years ago to live with my boyfriend  Cheesy

Hooray for the north!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lauragrace
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007 02:18:39 AM »

i'm from Huddersfield too. i love a bit of Beatties haberdashery.
and go into Leeds every day for college. the market is the best in Leeds.
and Huddersfield second hand market has some amazing/very strange stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherade9
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007 01:26:00 PM »

I'm originally from Wombwell nr Barnsley, but I moved up to Edinburgh with my partner and son 4 years ago.

Barnsley market, on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Go. Three great haberdashery stalls (especially the upstairs indoor market stall), 2 yarn stalls (although it's mostly acrylic), dressmaking and upholstery fabric stalls with real bargins, scrapbooking stall, cheap tool and hardware stalls, cheap cooking pots for dyeing, cheap jewellery to take apart and remake, as well as a big Primark and TK Max for bargins to remake into cool stuff.

Then you go to Bradford and Halifax and you've got your Bombay Stores for every type of fabric as well as everything Indian you could ever want, Denholme Velvets factory shop for ultra cheap velvet pieces (especially good for corset makers.. 1 for 1mtr ish of best quality velvet!) and Texere for all yarn freaks (and they do mail order over the web).

I'll go through my links and find all the shops I know of in Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester too. I spent over 11 years back home crafting of various sorts. Any links or places to visit you can share?

Liz A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

impgirl
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007 06:44:02 AM »

I'm a Leeds girl - although I live in Otley now it's still a leeds postcode!

I buy a lot of my stuff on-line as my 3 year old doesn't like being dragged around craft shops - well she does actually but she trys to open everything and use it which is a bit embarassing at times!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettycraftythings...a new monthly craft bazaar for the north of england...vendor applications now open...please see http://www.prettycraftythings.co.uk for more details
katby
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007 12:12:25 PM »

Im in Leeds, get my stuff from samuel taylor's and the market. By god I love the market. Any thrifty leeds people should get themselves down to the "pound stall" as I call it, in the outside market,where you can get seconds from topshop and other places for, usually, a pound a piece. Don't be put off by the scary ladies.
I also second texere in bradford. It's wool heaven, and definately worth the trip, though they do deliver very speedily via the internet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WYG
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007 04:00:07 PM »

Is the Merrion Market still open?  Why did nobody tell me?  Has it moved?  I used to go a few years back, the book and music stalls were really good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

W.Y.G. - What You've Got, as in USE IT, BABY!  In craft, in life, in everything - if you're handed lemons, make port'n'lemon!  (But mine's a gin and rosehip syrup, thanks).
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes with Cali Swag District
How to Succeed on Deal or No Deal
How to Succeed at Rock Paper Scissors
How to Succeed on Jeopardy
How to Succeed on Wheel of Fortune
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...