A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Liscense Plates  (Read 4221 times)
Tags for this thread: license_plate  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AliaMcHugh
« on: January 02, 2004 03:36:22 PM »

I recently moved from Washington to Idaho and need to get my Washington plates replaced with Idaho ones this week. My Washington plates I want to keep because they're of sentimental value to me but I don't want them just sitting in my closet in a box. Any ideas??

-Alia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shaeon

"Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004 06:07:26 PM »

The most obvious suggestion is to hang it on the wall, but license plates on the wall do tend to remind one of a truck stop.  

I have seen license plate handbags, and checked this out on the web.  There's this place that will make one for you, at http://www.isabellagrape.com/Custom%20License%20Plate%20Items.htm.  I didn't see any how to sites that tell you how to make these, but the same site that will make them for you has license plate back packs at http://www.isabellagrape.com/License%20Plate%20Handbags.htm, which appear to just be a back pack with a slightly curved license plate attached to it.  That wouldn't be too hard to do.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004 06:43:36 PM »

I've heard of using road signs to make tables on this site...you could possibly make little end tables or tv trays with your plates.  Just attach to a tv tray or find a small bottom for a leg and perhaps get a piece of glass cut to place ontop.  You could also drill holes into them, or maybe use the holes already there for that matter, to make a folder, scrapbook or journal.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004 06:58:14 PM »

i so love the journal

http://www.littlearth.com/

p.s. how cute is the "handlebar brush"?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
jenthezero
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004 09:29:42 AM »

Mine are hanging on my wall.  But since I'm redecorating my room, I'm thinking of doing something else with them...I've seen license plate journals, but making one would require some power tools.

A one-inch (or so) strip is cut from the center of the plate, and used to bind the book.  Rings are attached to this strip, the other two pieces are attached as the front and back covers, and the book is filled with paper.  It's cool, but I don't have the tools to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My middle name is Martha!
HardCandy63

Short Attention Span Crafts Since Age Four.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004 08:34:58 PM »

I saw While You Were Out the other day (on TLC) and the made a really cool memo board frame out of a bunch of licence plates...they were trying to re-create the look of a fifties diner and the nailed them all on hap-hazardly in different directions and it looked really good. You only have two tho....maybe you could make a memo board that's frame looks like a road...put one on the top and one on the bottom...and put little modle cars on the frame on the two other sides...i saw something similar. anyways, hope I inspired some of you crafty people, lol. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004 11:18:09 PM »

This might not be interesting to you, but my aunt makes these amazing birdhouses!

Its just a little wooden box painted, with a small hole in it for the birds. and then two old license plates as a roof (you know like slanted ---> /\ )
and then she uses a spark plug as a perch!

they are so cute! she sold them at a craft fair and they were gone in seconds!
(she also made them out of old cowboy boots and bandana's! creative!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AliaMcHugh
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004 11:38:45 PM »

I just wanna thank everyone, I have so many ideas! I'm not sure which one I'm gonna go with but once I decide I'll definitely post a picture. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CircusManager220
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004 08:51:09 AM »

I found one on the road and it is on my wall.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am Washable
Debzy

I'm a Scouser!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004 09:06:28 AM »

well i guess living in the uk has one good thing going for it... we don't have to change our plates if we move house  Smiley

however your plates look cooler than ours  Wink

some great idas here anyways...i'd go with the sentimental theme... maybe make the plates into a box (or attach them to an existing box) for keeping memories in?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
How to Make Chicken Tenders
Sandwich Party: Pork Sandwich
How To Cook BBQ Ribs
In The Kitchen - Raw Chicken Carve
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...