A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Booties & Felted Slippers  (Read 1313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Knit Nerd
« on: April 06, 2007 11:46:46 AM »

I finally registered to post after lurking around here for a few years but I haven't posted enough to link to pics yet.  But, you can see the booties and the slippers here:
http://emilysaid.blogspot.com/2007/04/all-about-feet.html
After I've posted more I'll update this post with proper picture links.

Missing Pic
Baby booties made for a woman with whom I work. No new yarn for this project, I used the stash.
Pattern: http://www.fuzzygalore.biz/patterns/cbbooties.shtml
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Baby Cashmere in color 9295
Valley Yarns Longmeadow in melon
Needles: Clover US2 (2.75mm) 5" DPNs
Date Started: 4 April 2007
Date Ended: 5 April 2007

Missing Pic
Fiber Trends felted slipper pattern (AC-33x), in LSU Tiger colors, after felting.
Yarn: Lamb's Pride worsted
Colors: Amethyst and lemon drop
Needles: Circular US 13 (9mm)
Time to complete: I should really start keeping track of this.  
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 10:17:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Added picture to first post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
-Cougar1
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007 06:51:47 PM »

Very nice!  Of course I had to stop and see what all else you had there...I tend to get lost in detours when I click on other places to go LOL...spent quite a bit of time looking around.  Loved it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eatmoreplants

AppleAndTree.Etsy.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007 09:31:40 PM »

Those felted slippers rock! Do you have a pattern for them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Apple & Tree
appleandtree.etsy.com

Apple and Tree believes in the philosophy of re-using before recycling. We make one of a kind pieces using salvaged items as base material and offer authentic vintage fashions.
Knit Nerd
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007 08:58:37 AM »

Thank you for the kind words!

Eat More Plants, the pattern is from Fiber Trends (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/AC33x.html), I bought it at my LYS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knit Nerd
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007 09:09:33 AM »

Yay for 10 posts, here are the pictures.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sherry71
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007 04:00:13 PM »

I love the Fiber Trends Slippers.  I have made a pair for my hubby with Lambs Pride & I also made a pair for my nephew in OU colors in Lambs Pride.  My hubby & nephew love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knit Nerd
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007 11:55:02 AM »

Smiley
Hi Sherry, I had a great time making them and I think it will be the holiday present of choice next December (last year it was mostly scarves, see below).  I did end up buying the suede pathes for the bottoms because Grayson told me that wearing his slippers was like ice skating int he house.  Did you put anything on the bottoms of your slippers?  I'm especially interested to hear from anyone who put flexible fabric glue on the bottoms.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sherry71
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007 01:52:10 PM »

Smiley
Hi Sherry, I had a great time making them and I think it will be the holiday present of choice next December (last year it was mostly scarves, see below).  I did end up buying the suede pathes for the bottoms because Grayson told me that wearing his slippers was like ice skating int he house.  Did you put anything on the bottoms of your slippers?  I'm especially interested to hear from anyone who put flexible fabric glue on the bottoms.

I didn't end up using the suede soles even though most of my downstairs is wood flooring.  Hubby didn't want them.  I made some felted slippers also from a different Fiber Trends Pattern & I didn't use them either. 

As far as the fabric glue, I have used this "aka puff paint"  and I used them on the bottoms of my 3 yr olds slipers.  I made her the Mary Jane Ballerina felted slippers from Fiber Trends.  I just put dots of paint all over it.  It helped the slipping some but is still a little slippery, not too bad though.  I personally would recommend the suede soles for young children (who are always running around & falling) & for older people that may be more prone to falls.  I tend to wear mine alot around the house but you won't catch me runing around.  They are more slippery on tile floors than the wod floors though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittyknitter

Help!!! There are UFO's everywhere in my room!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007 08:21:04 PM »

ooooo... felting slippers/clogs!! I must make me one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting Blogger, designer, piano teacher, music composer, singer & mother to 3yr old twins!
>>Blog: www.knitting-up-a-storm.blogspot.com 
>>Ravelry ID: Knittyknitter
>>Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/652480628149920/#
>>KUAS Podcasts: http://www.youtube.com/user/knittingupastorm
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crochet for Beginners: Turning
Crochet for Beginners: Posture and Hand Position
Crochet for Beginners: Triple Crochet Stitch
Crochet for Beginners: Single Crochet Stitch
Increasing and Decreasing and Dropping Stitches
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...