A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,421
Currently Running With Scissors:
248 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday-- April 6  (Read 8132 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007 03:06:45 PM »

flwrhead-your stuff is beautiful!  i love how it knits up

raynbow-please come fill my house with fluffy batts.  mmm fiber.  i'd never have to leave the house again.

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007 04:01:37 PM »

OOhh Rubysdaughter that pink is breathtaking!! it's like pink cupcake icing or something.. I wanna dip my finger in it but the screen's in the way! LOL

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007 05:46:20 PM »

hey all!!  I almost forgot it was friday today!!  And it's my best friend's 21st birthday!!

Hobblehoy -- your Amrita is gorgeous!!  I love this yarn.  I know an Amrita and she's just as colorful as your yarn.  I need to confess that I love your singles, all of them, I sit and drool over them at etsy...

Raynbow -- those batts look sooooo soft!  I love to look at unspun fiber, it's always so pretty!

Bixby -- that's not "some yarn" that's a whole lotta pretty yarn!!  I can't wait to see this finished!

Everyone else's yarns look spectacular!!  I have two yarns for today...(granted they were spun a few weeks ago, but this is the only time I've had to post them)

First Frozen Berries -- two different skeins one a boucle plied with two shades of cotton thread and the other is a single.  The ply is 72 yds and the single is 132 yds.

Here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51143322/?qo=3&q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps for more information and bigger pictures.

Then we have Birthday Sprinkles my first foray into spinning nylon.  I love this fiber.  It's only 69 yds but soooo soft!

Again http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51143857/?qo=1&q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps for more info and closer picture.

For those of you how didn't take part in the handdyed roving swap, the following is the roving I sent to my partner...  details here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51144123/?q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

I hope you all enjoy!  Happy friday!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 05:04:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007 07:13:45 PM »

Here are my contributions:
Herbology--This was an earlier yarn I just got a picture of. It's pretty darned ugly, but it was a starting point. It's a dingy brown wool single plied with a strand of green tweed fingering-weight yarn and gold thread.

Orange Yarn for a swap-- It is Koolaid dyed, one ply of handspun wool, one ply of commercial wool-cotton.

The next trio is as follows:
Applelite-- From some of that roving that is being sold at Hobby Lobby.
Lady Lovely Locks-- Spun from locks of some sort of fiber that came in my learn-to-spin kit. It still has some grease in it, so it was fun.
And one of the skiens from a pound of pencil roving I recieved in a swap. I spun it all up and sent it out across the world. 

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007 07:56:16 PM »

I don't spin either (well, on a VERY basic, pathetic level) but I sooo look forward to Fiber Friday too! You guys are amazing. My favorite this week is Herbology, I'm totally lusting after that.

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007 12:59:52 AM »

I have been coming by weekly to check out all the beautiful stuff, and I finally felt inspired enough to spin a bit this past week. I love everything so far, but honeyd's dyed roving is making my fingers itch....

I forgot to take a pic of this before I knitted it up:
Spilt Makeup; merino, crossbread fleece, silk/mohair blend? blended on a hair pick.

Clouds; merino, unknown blue fiber...again blended on a hair pick

Bruised Fruit Slushee; kool-aid dyed roving, spun thick and thinish. I gifted this one to a friends sister who gave me her study notes

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:31:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007 10:22:01 AM »

Beautiful, all! I'm a novice knitter and haven't even yet attempted to spin, and I have to tell all of you spinners that every week I look forward to Friday so I can see all of your amazing creations. Thanks for sharing your talents with the rest of us. I hope to eventually learn to spin, and when that happens, I know I can count on all of you for inspiration! Cheesy

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."  - Dave Barry
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007 11:03:08 AM »

bixby2 I'm in awe..your yarn and clap are both beautiful..

cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007 11:37:43 AM »

so i am a day late, but i didn't get a chance to take pictures until today Smiley 

everyone's yarns are gorgeous, as usual...but that pistachio.....its so gorgeous!  i can't wait until i'm able to spin beautiful yarn like that Smiley

this is the last ounce of roving from the spinning kit i purchased a while back.  i think this came out best of all!  i'm calling it 'froggy went a courtin'....because.....well....its so green! 

I'm a Yarnaholic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007 03:29:26 PM »

oh my goodness.
Such gorgeous work this week! And a handknit Clap! Yowsa!

Here's mine:

it's called Newspaper - after the children's riddle:
what's Black and White and "red" all over? Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:32:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

or just for finished objects/goods:

Handblended batts, handspun yarn and handdyed goodness!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...