A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,123
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fiber Friday-- April 6  (Read 5163 times)
Tags for this thread: fiber_friday  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bitibis
Bona Fide Tree Hugger

Fuzzy Bunny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007 03:06:45 PM »

flwrhead-your stuff is beautiful!  i love how it knits up

raynbow-please come fill my house with fluffy batts.  mmm fiber.  i'd never have to leave the house again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyBean32
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007 04:01:37 PM »

OOhh Rubysdaughter that pink is breathtaking!! it's like pink cupcake icing or something.. I wanna dip my finger in it but the screen's in the way! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007 05:46:20 PM »

hey all!!  I almost forgot it was friday today!!  And it's my best friend's 21st birthday!!

Hobblehoy -- your Amrita is gorgeous!!  I love this yarn.  I know an Amrita and she's just as colorful as your yarn.  I need to confess that I love your singles, all of them, I sit and drool over them at etsy...

Raynbow -- those batts look sooooo soft!  I love to look at unspun fiber, it's always so pretty!

Bixby -- that's not "some yarn" that's a whole lotta pretty yarn!!  I can't wait to see this finished!

Everyone else's yarns look spectacular!!  I have two yarns for today...(granted they were spun a few weeks ago, but this is the only time I've had to post them)

First Frozen Berries -- two different skeins one a boucle plied with two shades of cotton thread and the other is a single.  The ply is 72 yds and the single is 132 yds.

Here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51143322/?qo=3&q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps for more information and bigger pictures.

Then we have Birthday Sprinkles my first foray into spinning nylon.  I love this fiber.  It's only 69 yds but soooo soft!

Again http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51143857/?qo=1&q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps for more info and closer picture.

For those of you how didn't take part in the handdyed roving swap, the following is the roving I sent to my partner...  details here http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51144123/?q=by%3Aoohoneydukesoo&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/077/7/2/Huckleberry_by_oohoneydukesoo.jpg

I hope you all enjoy!  Happy friday!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011 05:04:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007 07:13:45 PM »

Here are my contributions:
Herbology--This was an earlier yarn I just got a picture of. It's pretty darned ugly, but it was a starting point. It's a dingy brown wool single plied with a strand of green tweed fingering-weight yarn and gold thread.

Orange Yarn for a swap-- It is Koolaid dyed, one ply of handspun wool, one ply of commercial wool-cotton.

The next trio is as follows:
Applelite-- From some of that roving that is being sold at Hobby Lobby.
Lady Lovely Locks-- Spun from locks of some sort of fiber that came in my learn-to-spin kit. It still has some grease in it, so it was fun.
And one of the skiens from a pound of pencil roving I recieved in a swap. I spun it all up and sent it out across the world. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
wasabipeasrule

Nuffin' but muffins

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2007 07:56:16 PM »

I don't spin either (well, on a VERY basic, pathetic level) but I sooo look forward to Fiber Friday too! You guys are amazing. My favorite this week is Herbology, I'm totally lusting after that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Um, hi everyone, I'm sarah, and I'm a craftaholic...
zeeblebee
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2007 12:59:52 AM »

I have been coming by weekly to check out all the beautiful stuff, and I finally felt inspired enough to spin a bit this past week. I love everything so far, but honeyd's dyed roving is making my fingers itch....

I forgot to take a pic of this before I knitted it up:
Spilt Makeup; merino, crossbread fleece, silk/mohair blend? blended on a hair pick.

Clouds; merino, unknown blue fiber...again blended on a hair pick

Bruised Fruit Slushee; kool-aid dyed roving, spun thick and thinish. I gifted this one to a friends sister who gave me her study notes

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:31:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcrunnergirl
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2007 10:22:01 AM »

Beautiful, all! I'm a novice knitter and haven't even yet attempted to spin, and I have to tell all of you spinners that every week I look forward to Friday so I can see all of your amazing creations. Thanks for sharing your talents with the rest of us. I hope to eventually learn to spin, and when that happens, I know I can count on all of you for inspiration! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."  - Dave Barry
apixiegrl
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2007 11:03:08 AM »

bixby2 I'm in awe..your yarn and clap are both beautiful..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2007 11:37:43 AM »

so i am a day late, but i didn't get a chance to take pictures until today Smiley 

everyone's yarns are gorgeous, as usual...but that pistachio.....its so gorgeous!  i can't wait until i'm able to spin beautiful yarn like that Smiley

this is the last ounce of roving from the spinning kit i purchased a while back.  i think this came out best of all!  i'm calling it 'froggy went a courtin'....because.....well....its so green! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodlandsprite

I'm a Yarnaholic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2007 03:29:26 PM »

oh my goodness.
Such gorgeous work this week! And a handknit Clap! Yowsa!

Here's mine:

it's called Newspaper - after the children's riddle:
what's Black and White and "red" all over? Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:32:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://woodlandsprite.blogspot.com
or just for finished objects/goods:
http://spritelygoods.blogspot.com

Handblended batts, handspun yarn and handdyed goodness!
http://spritelygoods.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Badluck Way, the Story of a Man, a Wolf, and Their Ultimate Collision
Susan Rebecca White: What Are You Reading?
Authors Celebrate Local Independent Bookstores
History in Five: Tom Clavin and Bob Drury on Red Cloud
Tatiana by Martin Cruz Smith
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...