A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Party, Groom & Parent's presents....  (Read 761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« on: April 04, 2007 10:20:17 PM »

What did you get for yours? I've still got more than a few to buy or make and 7/7/07 is fast approaching...

(I'll edit this and post pictures as I take them.)

Today I got two really lovely hankerchiefs at the thrift store (65 cents for two identical ones!), that I intend to embroider for my fiancee's Mother and my Mom. I'm also making them special attachments for the sandalwood fans we are giving them with photos of each of us on the tassle part & a "thank you" charm.

I am having two Matrons of Honour, as I am only having two people stand up for me and one is my best friend, the other is my sister. For my best friend, she happens to be having a baby a month before the wedding, and my theme is cherry blossoms and one of our wedding colours is green. I found a gorgeous, green, satin cherry bossom diaper bag with a receiving blanket on eBay. So, I bought that. Perfect!

Now, my sister is harder. She works at a book store. She flies in to Chicago to take bookbinding classes with me. We both do altered arts, papercraft and bookbinding. But, she has very little time for it now, with her three jobs! So, I don't want to give her something she'll have no time for. I do want to give her something meaningful. Still working on that.

I am doing Matron of Honour survival kits. I made them purses to match their dresses, I found fantastic pearl monograms, and I'm filling them with FUN things like mints that say "You need this" on the tin, and lipstick cases with lipbalm in them, tiny flasks, and a few other goodies.

NO clue what to get either of our Dads. My step-father might like a book. I can't think of anything to make for him. My Mom is so easy, I can craft her a million different things that she'll love.

Groom gift. I don't have anything for him yet, and it is killing me. I want it to be special, but I don't want to lose my mind over it or spend too much money. I was thinking of doing a "boudoir" photo album for him. But, I am not sure I would be comfortable or have the cash to have a photographer in to take those shots.

So, what did you make/buy/give to your wedding party?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007 01:33:21 PM »

the girls in my wedding party will be getting charm bracelets that i'll put together myself, and probably some sort of survival kit in a monogrammed tote.  the boys, while a little harder to shop for, will likely get something monogrammed (notice a theme, here?  Wink) like maybe a flask or shot glasses, which, although it seems a little tacky to give drinking accessories, at least will get some use. 

as for a groom's gift, i'll be making something incorporating his clan's tartan - he's scottish, and it's a big thing for him, so what i had thought of doing was to take the tartan, embroider his crest on it, and frame it.  it's something semi-easy, but that i know he'll appreciate.

moms and dads...  i don't know yet.  we'll see as it gets closer.

hope it helped, and good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
*MAR*
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007 11:10:02 AM »

Thanks Ruby! Great ideas. Too bad my honey isn't Scottish! I will have to look into his Hungarian lineage for something meaningful.

Where are you going to get your totes monogrammed? I am terrible, I want to embroider everything myself for everyone, but I am running out of time. There is a lady on my glassworking forum that makes garters and dress patches. I think I am going to order, at least, my dress patch from her.
http://www.thegartermaker.net/catalog.php?category=4

What has everyone else given to their wedding parties?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007 12:14:10 PM »

i had planned on monogramming myself, but if i find my time is better spent elsewhere, there's this place down the street my stepmom always gets wedding gifts monogrammed in - i'm not sure what sort of business it is, but i do know they do embroidery and engraving.   ...if you'd like, i can find out what type of place it is so you can find one in your area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
*MAR*
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007 05:56:37 PM »

Thanks, that'd be great. I never go to malls, I wonder if they have that sort of thing there? I might have to venture into one. eeeew, scary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Panoramic Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Portrait Scene
Canon G10: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Canon G10: Set for Museum Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...