A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
395 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: in search of a Craft Table  (Read 716 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2007 09:32:22 AM »

I've been discussing working on my craft room with my SO, and I've decided I want a craft table. Right now, I have a twin size bed in this little room of mine, and I want it out of here--especially since it seems to receive the pile up of everything from clothes to material--so I can have a place to cut material, work on scrapbooking, crochet jewelry...well, you get the idea. I don't have a lot of space right now, so I'm looking for something that can be pushed against the wall when it's not in use, then pulled back out if I need to walk all the way around it, like when cutting patterns or something. I know JoAnn's has a table, but I was wondering how sturdy it is and if it's worth the money. Does anyone else sell them? Also, my SO has some great ideas for making one from scratch, but I wanted to shop around first. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a table such as this? Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
Raindancing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007 08:12:39 AM »

I have the table from JoAnn's.  I've always been very happy with it, and when a friend stayed with us for six months, he used it as a computer table and it held up just fine.

However, since it has wheels, it's not my first choice for a lot of crafts.  (You can lock the wheels, but it still will wiggle.)  I also have two folding tables that I got from Academy-- your standard plastic top utility folding table.  (Something like this, but I got mine from Academy, and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay that much.  They're a lot sturdier than the JoAnn one.  Also the JoAnn one is standing working height (like a countertop) and the others are seated working height.

If I had to choose between them, I'd take the utility tables, but I really like having both.

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007 09:19:31 AM »

Thanks! That helps alot. I actually want one on wheels, so I can push it against the wall when I don't have a need to walk around it. Standing heighth is also good, as I plan to have a barstool for sitting. I'll have to check the Joann's one out.

The link to the other one didn't work, but I figured it out. That table isn't bad, but I'm thinking I really want the wheels.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
theMercenary
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007 12:16:58 PM »

I've been using a stainless steel food prep table as a crafting surface for several years and highly recommend them. They can be quite expensive, but it is possible to find one for a very reasonable price, particularly true when you consider how  close to indestructable they are.

I ordered mine here: http://www.shortorder.com/products/Eagle_Prep_Table_-_T2472B
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...