A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Theme Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 18545 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesa
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2007 09:11:19 PM »

I totally LOVE all these tins! how cool they all are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

charliebrown

Babies are for lickin'

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2007 12:39:33 AM »

I got absolutely spoiled in this swap!!! Here is the first tin I received from DogGrrl:

She used my sunflower and blue theme and the quote on the top of the tin says 'Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. That is what sunflowers do. - Helen Keller'

Inside of the lid of the tin she made cute little pockets out of sunflower paper. Inside the pockets were sunflower stickers:

And all the loot - the sunflower stickers, a second tin with lip balm, a packet of sunflower seeds and a metal sunflower stencil:

Than today I received my tin from Jennyleigh, she also picked my sunflower and blue theme and added in my quilting theme. Here is the tin, she made it into a chatelaine by attaching a measuring tape and scissor holder:

We both did pincushion tins!! LOL

And now the loot - she sent a leather quilters thimble, a replica needle book and a package of sunflowers for embellishing. She also sewed the card and sent me the extra sunflower fabric!!!

Thanks to both of you, everything is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2007 08:35:36 AM »

I almost joined this swap, and looking at all the tins, I really wish I had!

My favorites so far are the zombie tin(LOVE the limb stitch markers) and the French Revolution tin with the Marie Antoinette doll. Great job everyone! I definitely need to do the next one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2007 09:05:35 AM »

I almost joined this swap, and looking at all the tins, I really wish I had!

My favorites so far are the zombie tin(LOVE the limb stitch markers) and the French Revolution tin with the Marie Antoinette doll. Great job everyone! I definitely need to do the next one.

Well, signups for Round 5 will starting on May 1st, so you can get in on that one if you want. 

I love the pockets on the sunflower tin.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2007 04:15:11 PM »

Sunflowers,Sparkles,Knitting,Cameras...these are fab!!! And the ferret's cute, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2007 04:42:47 PM »

EVERYTHING that could go wrong ahs been going wrong, but I haven't forgotten pictures. First I was too sick, then I lost my camera, then I found it, then the batteries died, and now I have to find batteries. Sad I guess the planets aren't properly aligned or something.

Spolowitz did an awesome job though, and it's another cupcake tin to add to those on here! It's funny that not only did a bunch of us list a cupcake theme, but that those are the ones our partners picked:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2007 06:46:57 PM »

Well, signups for Round 5 will starting on May 1st, so you can get in on that one if you want. 

I love the pockets on the sunflower tin.

Great, yay! I'll definitely be signing up now that I'm about done with school for the semester.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
Kelda
Pirate Queen

Rock on the dock and never stop.

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2007 10:56:11 AM »

Spolowitz did an awesome job though, and it's another cupcake tin to add to those on here! It's funny that not only did a bunch of us list a cupcake theme, but that those are the ones our partners picked:)

I also love the plethora of Hello Kitty tins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fearlessly willing to try new crafts ... and usually botching them horribly.
My wists
frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2007 03:48:19 PM »

Yes, I found the batteries. While it may seem like a week is a really long time to wait for pictures, I like to think of it as extra time to come up with the clever captions. And I honestly am sick, I promise!:)

"What time is it? It's Valentimes! What time is it? It's Valentimes! What we gonna get? SEVERAL BOYS! How we gonna get 'em? ...Uhhh" yes, spolowitz and I have a teen girl squad connection (I really think we are the same person) and so a TGS card accompanied my tin!

Spolowitz combined my cupcake theme with my argyle/stripes theme for a super cute tin: Stripes outside with a cupcake, mirror inside with argyle, and great treats!:)

Now the close-ups- argyle envelopes with cute little cards inside (and a cupcake with a little "C"- for Cupcake...or Christine!)

A book with argyle covers and ribbon to tie it shut

Two cupcake stickers that match the outside of the tin, cupcake pictures (that match the cards. So much matching, I love it!:)) on marbles, but attached to..paperclips! I never thought of doing that! Plus a striped napkin

and finally, three rolls of argyle ribbon, Love them!

Spolowitz, you did an awesome job, thanks so much! Sorry I'm so slow at the pictures..and that I lost my wit somewhere in this post, so the descriptions aren't all that clever:) I do love it all though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2007 04:51:24 PM »

Worth waiting for!! love the argyle theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Swimsuit For Your Body Type
You Can Do What With Double-Sided Tape?
Different Ways To Wear A Striped Shirt
The Mod Style Is Back In A Big Way
Lily Aldridge on Bikinis and Her Celebrity Girl Crushes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...