A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,545
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Theme Swap Round 4 Gallery  (Read 19649 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FrogPuddle
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2007 12:24:47 PM »

I will be sending out on Monday, I can't wait for my partners to get their tins!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2007 02:49:55 PM »

And I totally forgot to even comment on the tins, which have been amazing!  I love the fairy tales and the Day of the Dead one. 

What's the meaning behind the name tag sticker for the Day of the Dead tin? 

I'm not sure exactly what Beckster put it in there for, but I LOVE them and I use them all the time as labels for soap and lotions and stuff, so I wasn't complaining!

I threw the name tag thingy in for fun.  I thought you'd like.  There really isn't any meaning or anything behind it.  Just filler for the tin.  Sometimes, I like to use those 'hello my name is' stickers for address labels.  They look pretty cool that way.  No biggie! Tongue

Oh, and thanks for all the compliments on the Day of the Dead tin.  I had a ton of fun making it!  I'm glad y'all like it!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007 02:51:58 PM by beckster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2007 07:57:31 PM »

I will be sending out on Monday, I can't wait for my partners to get their tins!!!

Me too! I can't wait for you to receive it! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2007 09:16:59 PM »

And I totally forgot to even comment on the tins, which have been amazing!  I love the fairy tales and the Day of the Dead one. 

What's the meaning behind the name tag sticker for the Day of the Dead tin? 

I'm not sure exactly what Beckster put it in there for, but I LOVE them and I use them all the time as labels for soap and lotions and stuff, so I wasn't complaining!

I threw the name tag thingy in for fun.  I thought you'd like.  There really isn't any meaning or anything behind it.  Just filler for the tin.  Sometimes, I like to use those 'hello my name is' stickers for address labels.  They look pretty cool that way.  No biggie! Tongue

Oh, and thanks for all the compliments on the Day of the Dead tin.  I had a ton of fun making it!  I'm glad y'all like it!

Gotcha.  I don't know that much about the Day of the Dead, so I thought maybe there was some strange tradition I didn't know about Wink  I had some Navajo roommates once and every powwow I went to with them included a big cake walk, so I'd tease them about that "ancient Navajo tradition."  I thought maybe this was the same sort of thing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2007 09:25:00 PM »

Gotcha.  I don't know that much about the Day of the Dead, so I thought maybe there was some strange tradition I didn't know about Wink  I had some Navajo roommates once and every powwow I went to with them included a big cake walk, so I'd tease them about that "ancient Navajo tradition."  I thought maybe this was the same sort of thing. 

hahaha, that's a kooky 'ancient tradition' if you ask me!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Kelda
Pirate Queen

Rock on the dock and never stop.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2007 10:21:56 PM »

Sweet chicken! I got jesa's tin tonight!

She went with my theme "Peter Pan" ... and I can't tell you how thoroughly ME this tin is! Now I just need to find out how to incorporate it into my daily life, without damaging it! Now, some awesome picture obesity!

The front in all it's glory ... she tied a ribbon around it that says, "Remember" over and over again. I love it! (Plus it's resting on my well-read copy of Peter Pan, and her sweet card is in the background!)

Close up on some sweet frontage action.

The front without the ribbon tied around it ... I don't know if you can tell (thank you, crappy pictures) but it's a picture of Peter, Wendy, John, and Michael flying to Neverland.

The back is a picture of Peter and Wendy kissing ... aawww.

Inside plus loot.

Inside minus loot. Notice the clouds and Neverland.

Loot in all it's glory: a pirate ship magnet, a cute necklace (which I am wearing right now!) and an awesome little book entitled: Life Lessons.

Close-up on some pages in Life Lessons.

It was going to be an action shot of me with that necklace, but I didn't hold the necklace up high enough. Still, it basically conveys my feelings about this awesome altered tin!

I couldn't get a good picture of it, but around the tin, it says: "All children, except one, grow up."

THANK YOU JESA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fearlessly willing to try new crafts ... and usually botching them horribly.
My wists
wootwoot

« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2007 11:05:06 PM »

That's really cute, Jesa!  I love the little neverland in the tin. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wootwoot

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007 12:06:14 AM »

Just a couple of housekeeping things, which are also posted in our original thread so they don't miss anybody:

1.  Sendouts are Monday!  Please let me and your partner know if you'll be late. 
2.  If your tins have all been received you should have positive feedback, whether you have received your tin or not.  I figure your part has been done, so you should be able to move on to other swaps. Just please don't forget to post pictures when you get your tins.  If your tins have all been received and you don't have positive feedback yet, please let me know.
3.  ROUND 5!!!  It sounds like at least a few of us are up for another round of this.  I started a thread to keep track of interest over here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=165560.0
Please post over there if you're interested in participating and we can get the ball rolling once this round is over. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadskydiver
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007 05:19:33 AM »

I received from Beckster a few days ago.

The tin came wrapped up all pretty.

And then the inside was just awesome. I have to agree that the how she did the finish on these, they are very professional! She used my tattoo theme on the tin and then mostly my skull theme for the goodies!

hmmm, I thought I had a pic of the top of the tin but now I can't find it!

Christina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jesa
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007 06:21:40 AM »

I am so happy you like your tin!! I wish I would've know you had the version with art by Arthur Rackham, I would've used his art instead of Robert Ingpen, I LOVE both their artwork! and after getting my awesome bracelet from you I know you might have something better to hang the necklace from, I didn't now how long you would want it so I made it pretty long.

the neverland inside was my favorite part and originally I had a map with it, but it was too big Shocked but I love it cause it's 3-d!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Foolproof Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
How to Make Batman Cupcake Toppers
How to Make Captain America Cupcake Toppers
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe
How to Make the Perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...