A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earth Day/Environmental Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 7025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krafty_kelly
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007 04:00:23 PM »

Thats a great swap package.  I really like those envelopes.  I've been meaning to make some for myself.  They are almost too pretty to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BrushfireFaeries
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007 09:20:53 AM »

I received the most amazing package from retro_redux! I received two days ago and am still in awe. Unfortunately, Photobucket isn't downloading my photos, for some reason, and yesterday I didn't have a spare moment at work to use the Photoshop I have on my computer there.

Retro, if you took pics of all the wonderful goodies you made, would you mind posting? I want everyone to see! Then I can post mine as soon as possible. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We do not know the true value of our moments until they have undergone the test of memory." -G. Duhamel
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007 01:18:44 PM »

Now that I have my photos from Lunanne all taken, here are my magnificent goodies!

A cute  apron... fabric she had, and the heart from a t-shirt!

A tote (which will soon be my library tote!) - tree applique (awesome!), made with jeans and a pillow case lining!

Some paper goodies! A card that she put her message in, but on a separate piece of paper so I could use the card!, ATC blanks, and little notecards with awesome pictures from magazines!

And what's this, a cute journal? (Also notice the beaded "earth" pin on top!)
But no! It's not a journal, it's a FAKE journal stash book! Yay! (in classic tattoo style of course). I lost my picture of the inside...  Huh

Thanks Lunanne! It seems like you really thought everything through Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007 05:25:27 PM »

Yet another awesome package.  This gallery is starting out great.  I especially like the tree on that tote!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

linzo

yep, I'm holding a rooster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007 09:36:35 AM »

Wow, everything so far is so awesome....

So here are the pictures of the package I received from Lady4feet.... she is amazing!!! My pictures do not do everything justice... but

A felted bag (I have already filled it up and I take it everywhere, I LOVE it) made from a sweater, on the bag are two pins made out of bottlecaps with my dogs name and her picture on them (love them), a spoon windchime based off my wists (it sounds awesome and it's cute too), a lunchbag made from pants also based off a wist and I like it even better than the wisted one. The patch on the bag says " saving the world one lunch at a time."  A candle that says "tread lightly on the earth" and there are celtic designs on it. And a tee shirt that is made of organic bamboo that she ironed on a picture of the world that says "earth day, every day."

And there is more.... reusable gift bags!!! What a brilliant idea. and the fabrics are great! Also the windchime again because it was kinda blocked before. And the little pouch is for my dogs poop bags for when we go on walks and especially when we move to a place where we have to pick up after her everytime she poo's.
She also made me some gift tags made out of old cards but somehow they missed out on the photoshoot. Huh

Thank you sooo much Brandi, you are an amazing and thoughtful swap partner. I love everything so much! Grin
Isn't she just awesome! I can't believe she squeezed all this into a shoe box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/linzo

...but for now we are young, let us lay in the sun, and count every beautiful thing we can see...
- Neutral Milk Hotel
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007 10:15:37 AM »

Ooh! I'm so into that pants lunchbag! I didn't even think I wanted a lunch bag, but now I've decided I want that one Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007 04:28:21 PM »

Thank you sooo much Brandi, you are an amazing and thoughtful swap partner. I love everything so much! Grin
Isn't she just awesome! I can't believe she squeezed all this into a shoe box!

You're welcome Smiley I've discovered if I stuff a box full then I don't get asked if things rattle what they are, and what better way to stuff a box then with swap goodies.

I also received over the weeked and I can't wait to show off my goods but you all will have to see them later cause I have to go cook dinner...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007 07:30:15 PM »

I'm loving this swap! Everyone is doing such an inventive job on their items-it just proves that anything can be recycled:)

Here is my lovely package from Brushfirefaeries!

A wonderful Fairy card as we both collect fairies:), A Wine bottle converted to a vase with the word BLOOM etched on it! We are both big time animal welfare people so Kristen sent me some envelopes that she made from a recycled calender, and a cute pen from her vet. Homemade cookies for Roger and Colin. A colorful sun handpainted container that I believe was a milk jug in a previous life? And my favorite beaded flowers made from Recyled Mountain Dew cans!

Thanks Kristen!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
retro-redux

spending way too much time on craftster since 2006

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007 07:45:10 PM »

Here's the stuff I sent Brushfirefaeries- it'll be easier just to post the letter I sent her to explain what I made. This has been my favorite swap so far! 

Would anyone be up for more recycling swaps throughout the year? Maybe every 2 months or so?

Dear Kristen,
Thanks for being my swap partner!

Here's a breakdown of what I made:

1-Amish dustcatcher rug-made from 8+ recycled tshirts. You may notice a few "bare" spots in the latch hook part. The rug was getting so heavy that I was afraid it would start falling apart if I added any more pieces-LOL. I would suggest this NOT be machine washed-either just beat the dust out periodically or spray outside with the garden hose and air dry. I made this as a comfy place for Piper to lay:). I hope she doesn't think it's a dog toy instead! LOL

2-reconned T-shirt-I bought this shirt for myself at the thrift shop but it was a too small. I thought the panther was cool in a "redneck" sort of way-LOL.(I'm a part time redneck-LOL.)  I hope it fits-if not I thought you could wear it over a tank or your swimsuit at the beach. If nothing else put it on, some heavy metal music  and wash your car for your BF-LOL!  I got the design from my Generation T book-the shoulders are supposed to be worn off the shoulder a bit and the taggie things in the back. I'd love to see what it looks like on.

3-button "rustic" cuff-The blue part is a collar off one of the polo shirts I used in the rug! I left the stitching on top to give it an edgy look. Buttons are from my enormous vintage button collection:).

4-"treasure stones"- I thought these "rocks" would look good on a desk, in a potted plant or garden or as a surprise decor item tucked in a corner or windowsill. These "rocks" are made from recycled coffee grounds! The unpainted one is what they look like and you can smell the coffee a little in that one too. They are made up of a clay recipe of flour, salt, coffee grounds and water!

5-3 denim tote bags-these were made from a denim jumper dress that I bought at the thrift store years ago to recycle. It was not my size but I liked the embroidery on it. The lining that looks like leopard is also recycled clothes and the others are scraps.

6-cordoroy mini throw blanket-this is made from 3 pairs of cords that my son grew out of this year, and two floral cordoroy dresses I bought at the Thrift store years ago to recycle. They were not my size and very "Little House on the Prairie"-LOL. I think they make a much better throw:). The squares aren't even so just call it folk art-LOL.

7-"raggy scrappy place mats"-these are made from small scraps I've been saving up, old jeans that Colin outgrew and the pockets from the cords used above! Let nothing go to waste:). My washing suggestion-wash/dry these separately as long as they "shed", once they stop shedding then you can wash with other stuff. They will get fringier with each wash and just trim any stray strings. These are also "folksy"-ie- uneven. LOL. You put your napkin/silverware in the pockets:)

7-half dozen paper roses-as per the instructions on a  craftster tutorial-these are made from used coffee filters! These are super fun to make.  I love the brown color and variation-very vintagey- old looking.

8-dog wind chime-didn't make this just thought you might like it .

9-loteria card bookmark

10-Finally, what I like the best:)-collage art piece entitled Art is Love. The base was a cheesy 70's plaque I picked up months ago in the TS, and I used recycled items in the collage like newspaper, lace scrap, sour cream lid, and the silvery circles are punched recycled food packets (like the inside of a hot coccoa mix packet). I hope you like this as I'm really proud on how it turned out:)

Well, that's it. Thanks for being my partner.  Happy Earth Day!!!

Laura
retro-redux

denim dress before:

now three tote bags:

Thrift shop plaque before:

After-collage "love art":

cuff:

placemats:

Coffee ground stones:

coffee filter roses:

reconned panther t shirt:

back-hard to see be it has ties up the back:

Cordoroy couch throw:

Amish dustcatcher rug being modeled by my big kitty Ron:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

come be my craftster friend on my blog: http://www.myspace.com/retroredux

I succumbed to the Wist Darkside-here ya go:
http://www.wists.com/retro-redux

Break the chain: Spay or Neuter your pets
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007 08:14:00 PM »

Wow! What great things! Everything is just amazing and such great ideas. That denim dress makes some nice totes! And those placemats! So cool! And I love those Mountain Dew roses!  Smiley

And I'd totally be up for another swap like this. It's so much fun to recycle and reuse things to craft!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sesame Chapati Bread
Baking Sesame Chapati Bread
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 1
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 2
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...