A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earth Day/Environmental Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 7029 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007 08:21:26 PM »

Ooh! Lovely. Some most fantastic packages.

I love the idea for wine bottle etching! We have a lot (my roommate works at the Wine Store and gets 1 a week), and some are especially nice... hm.. (although with the new 20 cents for returning the empties here, it might be a struggle to get them to part with it). Good for the environment though Wink
And those Mountain Dew flowers are great!

As for the other package, I'm intrigued by the coffee filter rocks - how does that work? That panther shirt is delightfully hillbilly, I may have to try some scrap placemats myself, and I simply squeal at the thought of "an enormous vintage button collection"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty_kelly
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007 04:22:03 AM »

retro-redux!  What an amazing package!  I love those placemats and that rug.  How ever did you make that rug?  8 T-Shirts? What a cool way to use those up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007 11:32:08 AM »

I got my package from psyche today! It was full of recycling goods.  Cheesy

The whole lot together.

The card and pin.

A magazine and tape wallet.

Outside
Inside

Stars. Made with a chip bag! What a great idea! Salt & vinegar! Yum!  Wink

A purse. Made with an hankerchief, a broken necklace and a t-shirt lining. And I love paisley so it's perfect.  Smiley

Lime slices earrings and barrel monkeys earrings! Both from my wist! The lime slices are made with pogs!

And bottle caps pincushions, also from my wist and in purple!

Thank you so much psyche! Both for the package and for organizing this swap.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007 11:41:22 AM »

You're welcome! (Hehe.. lady4feet may recognize the card. I've put one to use already Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007 12:41:16 PM »

Would anyone be up for more recycling swaps throughout the year? Maybe every 2 months or so?

I would! I love these swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007 12:46:52 PM »

You're welcome! (Hehe.. lady4feet may recognize the card. I've put one to use already Cheesy)

I do! at first I thought I was in the wrong gallery, lol.

Here's what I got from linzo folks.

A reusable sandwhich bag in black and red. Linzo learned how to use the sewing machine to make it Smiley

My shirt I'm currently wearing. The back

And the infamous dirty mirror shot of the front

I saved the best for last. A manatee keychain! I love manatees, I even got to go swim with them last month. Linzo said she made if from scrap metal she found.

I love everything linzo thanks again.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

djsemira
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007 04:59:40 PM »

wow!! amazing swappers so far!!! this is my first swap, and i read that we were supposed to send 3 items, so i did, but i received many more than i sent...i think i will send another package to compensate...
so, these are the amazing things i got in the mail today from cutiepi:

a knit washcloth in *purple* with the peace sign in the middle, it's hard to see with the pic, but it's there!! and gorgeous, wow, lots of work put into this one : )

patchwork felted old sweater bag with old fabric lining and lots of pockets : ) wow!!!so awesome, how did she sow the knit so well ??

with pockets :

a record bowl, because i dj, it's super in my dj room!! as well a papier mache bowl from newspaper to look like the world with recycle symbol :

the world part of the papier mache bowl:

two super sweet fairies, one made of seashell and the other a rose fairy!!:

i forgot to take a pic of the buttons from old caps, will modify the psot shortly!!

thank you cutiepi, such a great swapper!!!!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2011 02:37:36 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2619558033118165654
Have a look at my documentary about climate change and what people do to alleviate climate change.  won 2nd prize  Earthvisions '98 filmfest, Santa Cruz
rozekitten

Glue, buttons, and a wall. Hmmm...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007 05:13:06 PM »

Oooh!  Everything that you got is so cute.  I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balletfreak
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007 08:30:08 PM »

djsemira, im so glad you like everything!!!!!!!! i just was just thinking of thigns you said you like in the survey and how to reuse and wanted you to enjoy the things!
but what are really much more incredible than the things i made are what you made!!!
thank you a million!!!!!!!
it is all so nice and wellcrafted and has talent!
she is so great!!!
everything together---shes an amazing beader:

the adorable kitty hat from a old sleeve--with delicate little beading--the closeups of the beading were blurry though, sorrry
the cute pink recycled cardboard bookmark and its beading, with gorgeous nature pictures:
and the journal!! with a ballerina on the cover--i lvoe ballet!
 and full of interesting tips and quotes and inspirations...all recycled!!! its really nicely made too! i lvoe it all!inside pages decorated with tips and quotes!!!!
thank you a million this was so fun!
and we should do more recycle swaps!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 08:44:31 PM by cutiepi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i have no time to relax. i have only a lifetime--a lifetime with which to force the most exquisite use of the body."-Mr. B.

http://karlannalewis.com
krafty_kelly
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007 05:32:12 PM »

I received from boywonder today and I couldn't be more pleased.  I'm amazed by his creativity.

In this picture, you'll see a purse made from a pocket of a pair of cargo pants (not shown is a piece of necktie on the back)  Notice the purse handle made from hemp and the wonderful buttons that are done over with polymer clay.  Also a matching hemp bracelet and some Burt's bees soap. 

These are recycled salsa bowls that boywonder repainted.  Aren't they great!  Also I got a scottie softie from a recycled shirt.

I think boywonder should win a prize for the most creative recycling.  The dragonfly is a recycled whisk!!  And the dice get new life as a photoclip.

I also received a book called The Armchair Environmentalist  This is a very neat little book with all kinds of tips to be environmentally friendly.  Included as well were some tourist magazines from beautiful British Columbia.  And (I'll probably end up armwrestling my daughter for this one) a note book made from a cassette liner of a Queen album.

Thank you boywonder for this amazing package!  I love it all. 

Thank you psyche for organizing.

I would love to see a recycling swap every couple of months as well.  Boywonder has amazed me with his recycling and led me to think out side my recycle box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Scott Bridi of Brooklyn Cured
Renaissance Sausage in Philadelphia
The Brooklyn Flea Food Vendors
Cooking for the James Beard House
Super Bowl Dip Recipe: Chili Con Carne
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...