A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My (too colorful) dorm room- Update with Duct Tape Rose Tute!  (Read 12923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2007 02:07:58 PM »

Finally posting pictures of my dorm room!
People laugh at me- I really moved into my room. I just don't understand how they can live here with white walls and no decorations : /. My room is really tiny (smallest dorms on campus, go us!), but we still have a ton of junk. Enjoy!

View from the doorway

Frank, our guardian monster

Duct tape roses from my boyfriend (thats us in the picture)
Link to the tutorial he wrote for the roses: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=162792.0

Microfridge!

Inspiration corner (cards from my mom mostly) and my crazy curtains and flowers (our room is the only room with curtains, you can see them from the street)

Crazy lamp

« Last Edit: April 08, 2007 06:03:15 PM by shortleggedsarah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is more important to be yourself than to hide things. The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality "-John Frusciante
dirtyprettythings
beauty is more vibrant when found pressed in the mud

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007 05:02:26 PM »

wow! love the colors

and can I steal that pink floyd poster? pretty please...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what is your inspiration?
utemama
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007 05:07:02 PM »

ok i am old enough to be your mum but i wanted to say that is totally awesome,the ones laughing at you are the ones most likely to be jealous,of your talent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thief
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007 06:56:47 PM »

Wow I really love this. I have spent a lot of time in my brother's ex girlfriend's dorm and I have to tell you, this looks so much bigger! And much better organized! [I thought they were all small and cramped]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Amy
[and Abbey, Bella, Natasha, Milo, Ferdie, Olive, Sophie-Mo, Laika and Winston]

I make snuggly things for snuggly beasts.
etsy: http://silverbeatshop.etsy.com
blog: http://tashastails.blogspot.com
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007 07:29:59 PM »

thief: they are really small and cramped! Its hard to tell, but i was standing in the doorway. I think the room measurements are 11' by 14'... when you cram two crafty people in such a small space, it gets pretty messy. But i cleaned to take pictures, otherwise, you would see how little walking room there really is!

utemama: Thanks! Our room is the hang-out room, either because of all the fun things, or because we have the less drama. You cant see it in the photo, but i have a pillow made out of a men's mcdonalds uniform that the girls in my dorm call "the man pillow". They come and punch it when they are angry : )

dirtyprettythings: I looove that poster... its a big hit up here. We try to figure which back took the longest : ) I got it from beyondthewall.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is more important to be yourself than to hide things. The tools of the artist give you a chance to twist and bend the laws of nature and to cut-up and reshape the fabric of reality "-John Frusciante
emkay

The Sober Irish Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007 08:25:58 PM »

Ahhh... Microfridge and "Back Catalogues"... oh, the memories!  I love your window treatment.  That's really what makes it look so much like a "real" room.  How on earth did your boyfriend make those roses?  They look fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thrift Shop Romantic
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007 08:51:50 AM »

Congrats on spiffing up your dorm room so nicely!

I would LOVE to know how your boyfriend made the duct tape roses... they are really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007 01:11:21 PM »

Your room is fantastic.I love it Smiley.Duct tape roses looks AMAZING! I'm a student too and I went and really moved in as well in halls last year.....I did get some strange looks.But if you're going to be spending 9 months of your year away from home,then theres no point in leaving a lot of your room behind at home:your room has to be made comfortable. Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
konjio_pow
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007 01:15:22 PM »

hey...why does this room look so familiar?

oh wait, i live on the other side of it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shortleggedsarah

Finding myself

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007 01:17:32 PM »

Thanks for the wonderful comments! He made the roses for our one year anniversary a few months back... there are 33 total. He won't tell me where he got the instructions, but i think there is a set of instructions on Make.com. Ill try to get him to do a tutorial.

He wants to sell them at my craft show this summer, hopefully he'll sell a few!

And icemaiden, I totally agree... I could never live in a bare room for nine months! But people love our room, I have actually given tours of my room to friends of the girls here!

konjio_pow is the best roomate EVER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rock Out With Cotton Candy-Colored Hair This Summer
Hairapy Ep 105: Jennifer
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Simple Blow-Dry Steps for Voluminous Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...