A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Tea/Coffee/Cocoa Swap Round 4 [SIGN-UPS CLOSED; SEND BY 05/18]  (Read 14598 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crescentfresh
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2007 03:02:09 AM »

sorry if this was mentioned already, but if you can, you should send early if you are in the US. the postage rates increase on 5/14.

really? thanks for the info: new deadline =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sammimag
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2007 07:08:43 AM »

I'm just about done with everything. I had to scrap one of my projects it just wasn't working but I might try it again someday.  Now, I need to go coffee shopping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2007 08:21:32 AM »

I guess I have not posted here yet so thought I should.  I recently returned from Florida where I finally got to go to the Bad Ass Coffee Company and it was fun.  They sell Hawaiin Coffees and I used to live in Hawaii and got pretty spoiled on the coffee there.  Nothing like Folgers.  Anyway, I am back and getting serious about getting busy on this swap. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2007 08:37:51 AM »

So FRUSTRATING!  One of my items was going to be knit with leather cord, I got the idea from Alterknits.  So I went to the leather store and bought a 100-yd spool of black round leather 1mm cord like the book suggested.  Well I found while knitting it that the cord is attached at varying intervals to itself, but is not attached very strongly at all, and just knitting with it breaks it apart like crazy.  I have tried over and over again to knit with it, using different needle sizes, stitch patterns, and  I don't know how anyone could use this leather cord for anything! Grrrrr!  And it cost $30.00.  Angry Angry

I suppose the author of the Alterknits book must have had a different brand or something, although she lives in the same city I do, so WTF? There is no way she could've used what I got to knit with.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2007 09:07:50 AM »

FYI I'm gonna be in Germany from 11th to 13th, its unlikely I'll have net access during that period.

I'm hoping to get everything finished before I go, only got one medium item left to finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2007 12:06:23 PM »

i'm still waiting on some fabric for two items.   Undecided    hope it comes soon.  but everything else is pretty much done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2007 12:07:52 PM »

So I was wandering around the antique shopping area and while perusing one of the stores who used to own a Tea Parlor I used to work at, they told me they were re-opening it in the back half of the store!! I was super excited and wouldn't have found out if not for this swap!!!

And they had the most awesome things so I bought them for my partner. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2007 06:13:02 PM »

I am packing up the box for another swap and then I can get back to this one. I attempted one item and it all went horribly wrong (I sympathize with coral, although mine wasn't as costly). I think I may be able to salvage it, but if not, I'll have to think of something else.

I need to be able to finish soon- I have a huge exam on Saturday and I haven't properly prepared (honestly...I haven't prepared at all)- but I think I might have to finish on Saturday night (after making my Mother's Day present)...

Good thing I've already got a dent in this one...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2007 06:16:45 PM »

i need to knit faster!

one thing done, one thing to sew but i need my mom's help since i only sorta recall how we did it the first time.  one thing i think'll be easy, then maybe some bought add ins.  local craft store sent me a 25% off bead coupon, including clearance beads, so i need to hit that for this swap and the altoid swap.  pin up girl swap should be easy, once i find my pliers.

oh, did i mention i'm crocheting an afghan in one week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2007 10:59:03 PM »

I'm hitting the sewing machine once I get home. I finally found the random scrap of material that I needed that was lurking in the back of a cupboard somewhere. I was beginning to doubt my memory that I still had it.  Roll Eyes

Once that is all done I might even be able to pack things into a box ready to send as I collect all the other little items I was going to throw in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Versace Fall 2014
Get the Look from Gucci Fall 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2014
Get the Look from Michael Kors Fall 2014
Dove Helps Women Find Their Inner Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...