A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Tea/Coffee/Cocoa Swap Round 4 [SIGN-UPS CLOSED; SEND BY 05/18]  (Read 14761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2007 01:32:00 PM »

My sister and I did a week without caffeine stint a while back to prove that we weren't addicted to tea. All I can say is, I was so glad when that was over and the test was inconclusive as I fell ill that week  Roll Eyes

I was that sister and I also fell ill. Moral of the story; Not drinking tea is bad for you Wink

(Actually I survived on boiling Evian water my DB popped out in the middle of the night to buy from the local garage, but it was a close call)

Maybe you were both sick from caffeine withdrawal Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
kitschkween
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2007 02:56:43 PM »

i also think it was a withdrawl. if i haven't had coffee by 1 p.m. i start to get a headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2007 12:51:23 AM »

I'm not sure withdrawals cause sniffily colds though  Cheesy

I usually have no effects from not drinking tea as I do lower my intake during the warmer parts of summer. But I do find it relaxing to have that first cup in the morning. My friends always joke that it's the only thing keeping me human.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Midnightoak
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2007 09:07:50 AM »

Yeah, definitely not withdrawal as it started before I stopped drinking tea Grin

Afaik you have to drink over 8-10 cups of tea a day for you to get enough caffeine for it to become physically addictive...and most days I don't have time to drink anywhere near that much...but who knows...we may have to do a test two  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2007 01:19:11 PM »

Afaik you have to drink over 8-10 cups of tea a day for you to get enough caffeine for it to become physically addictive...and most days I don't have time to drink anywhere near that much...but who knows...we may have to do a test two  Roll Eyes

how many coffee beans and caffeine sweets does it take though? cos I'm definately addicted to caffeine....

Disaster. I finally have time to craft between going to shows and I've fallen down the stairs and mashed my elbows. oooowwww.. no knitting for me for a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007 03:34:40 PM »

Okay, the main thing I was working on is....dead. I have had to take it apart three times, and then finally when I got it assembled correctly and was doing the finishing touches I broke the needle on my sewing machine, it's probably a good thing that happened, since the project was half soaked in blood and tears anyways from having to take apart and reassemble so many times, oh yeah and the wounds I inflicted on myself with sewing needles, seam rippers and other pointy objects. So, it's scrapped and I have to think of something else to do. Because I might throw my whole damn sewing machine out the window if I have to look at it again. I'm going back to the stuff I know how to do properly: knit, crochet and embroider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Malama
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2007 03:39:36 PM »

Wow that sucks.  I have had that happen to me before.  It takes a while to want to use your sewing machine again.  I usually try and do some things that I am sure will work out just so I can like making stuff again.

I had a really cool idea and bought some nice fabric off of ebay, only to realize it is full of the colors my partner hates!  Now I have to do the fabric search again!

Good luck with your new project, I am sure you will think of something awesome-er.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2007 07:08:28 PM »

Hmmm, so one of my things (while still completely usable and nifty) is slightly wonky due to having to share space with the general public. Stupid general public...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2007 10:47:21 AM »

Wow that sucks.  I have had that happen to me before.  It takes a while to want to use your sewing machine again.  I usually try and do some things that I am sure will work out just so I can like making stuff again.

I had a really cool idea and bought some nice fabric off of ebay, only to realize it is full of the colors my partner hates!  Now I have to do the fabric search again!

Good luck with your new project, I am sure you will think of something awesome-er.

Aww, don't worry partner lol  Use what you got! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2007 11:13:36 AM »

sorry if this was mentioned already, but if you can, you should send early if you are in the US. the postage rates increase on 5/14.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mireille Guiliano Talks About Business Education
Jude Deveraux Talks About Writing Her New Vook Novella
Tips from Muscle Expert Rob DeStefano
Travel Writer George Taber Explores Bacchus
Author Adriana Trigiani Talks About Very Valentine
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...