A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Tea/Coffee/Cocoa Swap Round 4 [SIGN-UPS CLOSED; SEND BY 05/18]  (Read 15237 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2007 01:32:00 PM »

My sister and I did a week without caffeine stint a while back to prove that we weren't addicted to tea. All I can say is, I was so glad when that was over and the test was inconclusive as I fell ill that week  Roll Eyes

I was that sister and I also fell ill. Moral of the story; Not drinking tea is bad for you Wink

(Actually I survived on boiling Evian water my DB popped out in the middle of the night to buy from the local garage, but it was a close call)

Maybe you were both sick from caffeine withdrawal Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
kitschkween
« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2007 02:56:43 PM »

i also think it was a withdrawl. if i haven't had coffee by 1 p.m. i start to get a headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2007 12:51:23 AM »

I'm not sure withdrawals cause sniffily colds though  Cheesy

I usually have no effects from not drinking tea as I do lower my intake during the warmer parts of summer. But I do find it relaxing to have that first cup in the morning. My friends always joke that it's the only thing keeping me human.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Midnightoak
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2007 09:07:50 AM »

Yeah, definitely not withdrawal as it started before I stopped drinking tea Grin

Afaik you have to drink over 8-10 cups of tea a day for you to get enough caffeine for it to become physically addictive...and most days I don't have time to drink anywhere near that much...but who knows...we may have to do a test two  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phantomssiren

Life's Too Short To Follow Patterns

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2007 01:19:11 PM »

Afaik you have to drink over 8-10 cups of tea a day for you to get enough caffeine for it to become physically addictive...and most days I don't have time to drink anywhere near that much...but who knows...we may have to do a test two  Roll Eyes

how many coffee beans and caffeine sweets does it take though? cos I'm definately addicted to caffeine....

Disaster. I finally have time to craft between going to shows and I've fallen down the stairs and mashed my elbows. oooowwww.. no knitting for me for a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2007 03:34:40 PM »

Okay, the main thing I was working on is....dead. I have had to take it apart three times, and then finally when I got it assembled correctly and was doing the finishing touches I broke the needle on my sewing machine, it's probably a good thing that happened, since the project was half soaked in blood and tears anyways from having to take apart and reassemble so many times, oh yeah and the wounds I inflicted on myself with sewing needles, seam rippers and other pointy objects. So, it's scrapped and I have to think of something else to do. Because I might throw my whole damn sewing machine out the window if I have to look at it again. I'm going back to the stuff I know how to do properly: knit, crochet and embroider.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Malama
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2007 03:39:36 PM »

Wow that sucks.  I have had that happen to me before.  It takes a while to want to use your sewing machine again.  I usually try and do some things that I am sure will work out just so I can like making stuff again.

I had a really cool idea and bought some nice fabric off of ebay, only to realize it is full of the colors my partner hates!  Now I have to do the fabric search again!

Good luck with your new project, I am sure you will think of something awesome-er.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewench
Dancing through the stars.

The Profie, she is out of date.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2007 07:08:28 PM »

Hmmm, so one of my things (while still completely usable and nifty) is slightly wonky due to having to share space with the general public. Stupid general public...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/thewench
http://knittyfay.blogspot.com/
Dragon eyes, and fairy wings, please god let me see strange things.
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2007 10:47:21 AM »

Wow that sucks.  I have had that happen to me before.  It takes a while to want to use your sewing machine again.  I usually try and do some things that I am sure will work out just so I can like making stuff again.

I had a really cool idea and bought some nice fabric off of ebay, only to realize it is full of the colors my partner hates!  Now I have to do the fabric search again!

Good luck with your new project, I am sure you will think of something awesome-er.

Aww, don't worry partner lol  Use what you got! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkween
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2007 11:13:36 AM »

sorry if this was mentioned already, but if you can, you should send early if you are in the US. the postage rates increase on 5/14.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear the Shirting Trend
Celebs Switch Gowns for Vanity Fair Party
2014 Academy Awards Red Carpet Recap
4 Fashion Trends That Accentuate Your Best Body Features
Oscars 2014 Red Carpet Fashion Roundup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...