A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: teenlit swap?  (Read 1084 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mllejessy
« on: April 03, 2007 12:40:20 PM »

OK, there's been a bunch of kids book swaps, but what about teen books?  There's so much good stuff out there now, or you could do your favorite book from when you were a teen, or you're fave book now if you are a teen...
C'mon, who doesn't want to make King Dork, Judy Blume's Forever, or Scott Westerfeld crafts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007 03:07:20 PM »

Scott Westerfeld crafts, ftw. There are a lot of crappy "young adult" books out there, but there's also some pretty damn good ones. Only...what can you craft out of a Scott Westerfeld book o-o;? I've mostly only read the Uglies series (going to be a mooovie!) and So Yesterday, though I want to read Peeps and the Midnighters. Some people might be interested in those one vampire books too, by Stephanie Meyers. I've yet to read them. I pick them up, but then I feel embarassed at how silly they sound and grab another book, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mllejessy
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007 04:07:28 PM »

Midnighters=awesome.  And actually the one I was thinking of for crafty potential.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DTchick
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007 06:28:23 PM »

I'm 17, and I'm a nerd. Seriously. I love to read. What would the swap entail? Send a copy of the book, crafts related to the book, or both?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I don't cause commotions; I am one.

I didn't recognize you without the handcuffs.
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007 08:32:48 AM »

Peeps is a seriously awesome book, but the sequel Last Days isn't as good. But everyone should read Peeps. Every second chapter is a mini one on parasites. I started reading it at like 2 pm one saturday and stayed up till 5 am on sunday to finish it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mllejessy
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007 10:07:55 AM »

I'm 17, and I'm a nerd. Seriously. I love to read. What would the swap entail? Send a copy of the book, crafts related to the book, or both?
I guess I was thinking whatever.  When you signed up (in theory), you'd answer questions about your fave author, books, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yarn_tart

Dark Lords don't Frolic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007 07:52:28 AM »

I'm a teen services librarian so I think this would be a lot of fun.  What if we crafted for whatever book / author our partner likes and sent a copy of a ya book that we like.  That way everyone would get a craft from something they like and a new (probably used) book.  Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd like to change the world because it's easier than changing me. - Carbon Leaf

April in Autumn - yarn_tart's etsy shop is coming soon!

My wists
bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007 08:01:05 AM »

well i am no longer a teen. and when i was i had much better taste in teen-geared books than i now do...

now that i'm no longer a teen i really like books like Gossip Girls, Bluebloods, the "Flawless" and "pretty little liars" series...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
mllejessy
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007 08:07:20 AM »

I'm a teen services librarian so I think this would be a lot of fun.  What if we crafted for whatever book / author our partner likes and sent a copy of a ya book that we like.  That way everyone would get a craft from something they like and a new (probably used) book.  Any other ideas?

ooo, yarn_tart--where do you do your librarianing?  That's what I am too.
I like the idea of crafting for the other person and forcing a book you like on them.

And bombgirl, we're not even going to start talking about all the trashy and/or fluffy crap I secretly love.  VC Andrews, anyone? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesskaos15
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007 09:14:13 AM »

Well, I am a teen, but don't read very many teen novels. My favorite author seems to be Nora Roberts, since the 4 books I absolutely adore are by her.
 However I have read a lot of Lorrain McDaniel books, and love them! I'm pretty sure their all teen books. But they're sooo sad. I'm pretty sure I've liked a lot of other teen books also, but my mind is drawing a blank.
 Anyway, I think I would still be interested in this swap. 

Oh!! Does The Secret Garden book count??? And is their a Peter Pan book? I can't believe I haven't check that out already!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Writer Blair Underwood
Captured Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Reads from The Red Queen Part 1
A.J. Jacobs Wishes He Had This Talent
Meet Authors Virginia DeBerry and Donna Grant
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...