A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Loved one in the Military Swap Gallery  (Read 2535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaperBag
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007 11:36:10 PM »

hahaha I'm poking my head in here to laugh at whiskey tango foxtrot   Grin We're doing our first military move next week, and I cant tell you how many times that shirt would have come in handy during this moving process! LOL Genious  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007 04:01:48 PM »

Yeay!! I received from CrochetWitch today!! Sorry about all the pics- everything is just so great Smiley Prepare to be jealous!

Group shot, including my "gift for a stressed out Army wife"- pretty smelling candles, spray, lotion (LOVE that Mango-Mandarin), lip balm, AND cute toe seperators (sp?):

Adorable magnet board:

Handbag (which I love*love*love) & it's accessories:  tissue cover, card holder, & sunglasses case

CUTE turtle, who is currently living on top of my monitor

Mr. Turtle with my cat, Mac, who instantly fell in love

I really, really enjoyed doing this swap & am so happy with the outcome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007 04:29:41 PM »

I'm jealous of the turtle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
starlisa
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007 04:58:43 PM »

Cute!
The ACU purse is awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Made with ambitious love!
mrs.veghead
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007 06:07:47 PM »

Great package.
I am in love with Mr. Turtle!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emergency Exit
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007 02:45:52 PM »

I got my package a couple of days ago!  I've had to help my boyfriend pack up and move his stuff out of his apartment though.  He's got basic soon so he doesn't want to pay for the rent while he's not there.  He's going to move to a different complex when he's gotten back.  He's storing his stuff at my place for now so it's a bit of a mess right now!   Cheesy  Anyway, that's why I haven't put the pictures up yet, but Pirate Kisses and I were partners.  We both have boyfriends in the army right now and wanted to make stuff for each other while our boyfriends were away.  She did such an amazing job! 

Here's everything together:

She made me a beautiful purse:

This is probably my favorite item.

In this picture underneath she made me a BDU pincushion for my pins and sewing needles, a red neck pillow, and she hand stitched a water bottle carrier for me out of hemp for long walks:

She also bought me a gorgeous leather journal and wrote "Army Girl" on the inside:

The journal is pretty awesome.  I really like that these are all items I can use.  The neck pillow is comfortable!  Also, everyone's stuff turned out so wonderfully.  Everyone here is so talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frix220

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007 03:32:28 PM »

I love that Army tote! And the water bottle carrier looks like it took an eternity Smiley Graet stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007 03:45:11 PM »

question: how do you gals deal with the depression that sets in while your men are away? I have been that way for a couple of days and I am trying to "shake off the funk"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
frix220

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007 06:40:23 PM »

question: how do you gals deal with the depression that sets in while your men are away? I have been that way for a couple of days and I am trying to "shake off the funk"

I would have to admit that sometimes I'll just hole myself up in my apt. for a day with several movies & my fave junk food. Not the best thing to do, but w/e. I really don't go out much anymore (funny that I just turned 21 too..) with friends, but I do go to my parents' house & out shopping with Mom too. That helps.
Also, I have 2 cats that have really become companions- they brighten my day with their goofy antics & personalities. <- as lame as that may sound  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007 09:15:02 PM »

I love that journal, PirateKisses!  Is the cover leather?  I've been watching this swap to see what goodies you guys are coming up with.  I wanted to join in, but I was having a mental block during sign-ups and had no clue as to what kind of things to craft  Tongue 

My man is in the Navy, so we have long separations sometimes.  Plus we seem to move to a new duty station almost every year.  To get over the blues, I dive deeply into therapeutic crafting.  I have learned to knit, inkle weave, bookbind, and make jewelry (to name a few) in the seven years or so since he joined up.  I'm not really a social butterfly, but with all the moving to areas where we did not know a soul, I joined a group just to get out and meet people in the new area.  I picked the Society for Creative Anachronism because they are so crafty  Grin  Plus, they have groups all over the world, so wherever we get transferred, I will have contacts.

Nothing is a good as having him home, but camping in costume takes my mind off of missing him so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer of Two Wishes Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The White Queen
Michael Ian Black Reads from Chicken Cheeks
Julia Gregson Talks About East of the Sun
Lisa Genova on Still Alice
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...