A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 26!  (Read 18361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2007 11:45:27 PM »

I claim jenna rose for a mix of things from her wish list. This is my third wish.

I am 30 and I live in Sweden with my boyfriend and four teletubbies.  Grin Well, right now I live in a boarding room at the school where I just started a one year crafting course! (or textile arts or whatever you want to call it; we sew and crochet and weave and so on the whole day, and it's great!) We're moving to a flat soon. Oh, and there's a third family member on its way (or, well, seventh if you count the teletubbies  Cheesy).

Top wish right now

Lightscribe cds/dvds for me to lightscribe on. Would love different colours! Can't get them here.  Cry

I am especially looking for crafting supplies of different kinds, among others these (that I can't get or have had trouble finding here)...

Bobby pins with a plate to glue things to, something like this: https://www.rings-things.com/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?action=detail&item=30-822-1

Silver or silver plated/gold plated wire, thinner than 0.4 mm (maybe someone can translate this into American standard?)

Joints for making dolls/teddybears, to fasten arms and legs to make them movable (preferably not too big)

Flat metal things with a loop (preferably silver/gold or silver/gold plated) to fasten on the back of for example a marble to make it into a pendant. Something like this: https://www.rings-things.com/cgi-bin/hazel/hazel.cgi?action=detail&item=49-455-3  Ideally either 10mm or 20mm square, but also interested in other sizes.

book with fun/cute Japanese sewing and/or crochet patterns

Yarn in different colours to make amigurumis (acrylic or cotton is good or other yarn that may be suitable)

Chunky fun yarn (something that looks a bit different in one way or another).

Strange colour (other than white or transparent) shrinky dinks (I think there is a black kind); I would really prefer the "shrinky dink" brand!

Crafting/Sewing themed metal charms (like scissors or something, to be used for making jewelry).

Gold plated chain to make necklaces and other jewelry.

Silver plated finger rings with a large plate (1.5-2 cm?) with sides (will try to find a link to make it less confusing) for crafting jewelry.

Kit for making animals and other creatures/decoration from beads, things like these: http://www.beadjewelrymaking.com/browse_all.html but maybe not too complex ones to start with, since Im a beginner.

A kit for some kind of craft I haven't tried yet. Feel free to PM me about that.

Glass thingies, especially ones with holes in them:
http://www.wholesalersusainc.com/hand-glass-shapes-rectangles-holes-40pcs-p-1325.html
Other glass shapes on the same site are also as interesting, and coloured square marbles also... Just different shaped glass thingies to put pictures behind really... and/or coloured ones for rings:
http://www.plainmabel.com/ckshop.php?item=1168&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plainmabel.com%2Fckshop.php%3Fpage%3D1%26category%3D4
(I already have enough of the "normal" round transparent ones (that you can buy in flower shops (at least here) though.)

Snap buttons of good quality, preferably bigger and/or ones that you "punch" on (rather than sew or fold those little metal clips thingies) (plastic and/or metal)

Magnetic snaps for making bags.

Handles for making bags

Crochet books or magazines with fun new projects (not to traditional stuff). I like "Crochet today". I only have the last issue (september-october 2007) so far. Please ask me before you send a crochet book, since I have a few (not many) already and might have the one you want to send.

Craft books/magazines in general with fun new projects (not too traditional stuff) (in English or German or with easy-to-follow pictures (well, Swedish is good as well  Cheesy)

And of course anything from my evergrowing wist.
http://www.wists.com/gavagai

Please no food/candy!

« Last Edit: October 01, 2007 06:33:26 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2007 02:53:54 AM »

Thank you to everyone who participated in the OWS26, and the OWS25 before that.

I heard rumor that kittykill and grieney are going to be running the OWS27, so keep an eye out for them to start that up, hopefully, today.  Once I have an URL for that swap, I'll post it here.

Please remember the 2-week send out, and PM Lapoli and I when you send (don't forget those DC numbers) and when you receive (please post pictures and thank your sender)

Th-th-th-th-th-th-this swap's officially over!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
sunspotted
« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2007 06:48:49 AM »

Thank you both for organizing.  This was my first time doing an ongoing swap and I am hooked, but good.  I'm going to go wander forlornly around looking for round 27.  It won't be pretty, don't look, but it's still better than actually working. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
kitschkween
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2007 07:57:11 AM »

you 2 were awesome organizers! thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2007 08:27:45 AM »

Thank you Lapoli and Dulcinea for organizing! Cheesy

And thank you Kittykill and Grieney for stepping up to do the next round Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #155 on: October 01, 2007 10:17:29 AM »

The rumors are true! Here's the link! We will be picking up with gavagai's wish. So...head on over, get approved and start swapping
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=199362.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Origami Boat
Meet Origami Artist Alan Cernak
Learn About Working with Washi Paper in Origami
How to Fold Origami Paint Swatch Balls
How to Fold a Fast Paper Airplane
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...