A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mimzy! Bunny patterns?  (Read 4373 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezzyloo
« on: April 01, 2007 02:15:00 PM »

So I saw The Last Mimzy this weekend and want my own Mimzy!

I can knit, crochet, and sew, but any type of medium will do. I just want a simple stuffed animal pattern that I can convert to make a bunny with. I'm willing to draft my own pattern, but since I haven't had much luck with that in the past, I'd love to have something to go by. Cheesy

Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yodafuzz
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007 03:37:52 PM »

omg me too, my friend and i just went to see that, and the entire time she was demanding me to make her a mimzy..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezzyloo
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007 12:47:32 AM »

my boyfriend said i should make one to save for our kids... lol, but i want it for snuggling with at night :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pretty hate machine
Lady Disillusion

Still I fly...still I fall.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007 04:10:54 AM »

Now I want a Mimzy too. I have actually done a bunny plushie before, quite simple one, though. I could try to find the sewing patterns I did a while back, if it would help you a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[revenge is the best revenge]
My still small wist!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007 04:28:39 AM »

If you fancy a knitted one, maybe this pattern could be altered to look more Mimzy?

http://www.jesshutch.com/bunny.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twincubs
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007 07:37:54 PM »

Hi,
I'm a newbie here and I actually know (okay not really, deeply personally know but I do consider her a friend) the artist who made Mimzy for the movie.  Her name is Daphne Blau and she's a talented teddy bear artist from New Hampshire.  Here's her website:

http://www.backroadbears.com/

I E-mailed her about this because I know she is selling the bears but don't know if she ever considered selling patterns.  So maybe she'll stop by and let you know.  Either way, I'm sure she'll be really happy to know that you loved her bunny so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BackRoadBears
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007 08:34:39 PM »

Hi!
Thanks, Lisa, for letting me know that Mimzy has some crafty fans!!

Due to copyright laws I can not sell the pattern or even give it away! The movie production company created the Mimzy concept on paper so they hold the copyright.

But here's a challenge for you all... if I can do it so can you!! I was given the drawing and had to make it into 3D!!! Took 4 tries to get it right! You've got a photo up above there..... give it a try! Grin

I don't blame you if you don't want to! I wish I could tell you of a pattern out there that is even close but I don't know of one!

I'm glad you like her though! Means a lot to me!!!! Makes it worth all the hair pulling and swearing I did trying to make her to the director's liking! Roll Eyes

Daphne

Daphne Blau
Back Road Bears
Soft-sculpture Artist
Mimzy's Mom
www.backroadbears.c om
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daphne Blau
Soft-sculpture Artist a.k.a. Teddy Bear Artist
Mimzy's Mom
Teddy Bear Show Promoter
Owned by two Wheaten Terriers
jezzyloo
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007 09:07:37 PM »

Hi!
Thanks, Lisa, for letting me know that Mimzy has some crafty fans!!

Due to copyright laws I can not sell the pattern or even give it away! The movie production company created the Mimzy concept on paper so they hold the copyright.

But here's a challenge for you all... if I can do it so can you!! I was given the drawing and had to make it into 3D!!! Took 4 tries to get it right! You've got a photo up above there..... give it a try! Grin

I don't blame you if you don't want to! I wish I could tell you of a pattern out there that is even close but I don't know of one!

I'm glad you like her though! Means a lot to me!!!! Makes it worth all the hair pulling and swearing I did trying to make her to the director's liking! Roll Eyes

Daphne

Daphne Blau
Back Road Bears
Soft-sculpture Artist
Mimzy's Mom
www.backroadbears.c om

Thank you so much, Daphne Smiley Your challenge and encouragement really means a lot! I'm planning on knitting the main body parts, because I'm better at that than sewing lol. I'm still doing some research to get better at short-row shaping before I take on this project, but I'll definitely be doing some sketching.

I must tell you, the stitching on the ears, to me, is the most endearing part of Mimzy. She's such a charming creature, and I throw thousands of compliments your way Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007 02:01:07 PM »

what about altering a crocheted pattern for mimzy? There's a bunch of bunny patterns out there that would not require much to make a mimzy-esque character.
http://amilist.blogspot.com/search/label/Bunny%20Patterns
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snowarcher

I have feet, a head, two eyes and two arms! YAY!!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007 02:15:02 PM »

You can buy a the official Mimzy replica at Angelicdreamz but I don't know if that's what you want. The price is a bit steep (I paid $90 for one) but that was a pre-order. Mmm-mm? Maybe that's not what your  looking for though.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007 02:15:55 PM by Snowarcher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me = Beatles freak, not so neat. Really weird, by everyone feared. Hi, I like cats. I write until I am overheated with languor. I love to swim and oh, did I mention: CRAFT  STUFF?!??
(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(><)Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Brittany Geragotelis on Life’s a Witch
Brittany Geragotelis on What the Spell
Stanley Tucci Shares Family Recipes in His New Cookbook
R.L. Stine Reveals His New Adult Novel Red Rain
The Final Death of the Novel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...