A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,431
Currently Running With Scissors:
369 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2007 April Wishlist Swap  (Read 5703 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007 07:31:42 PM »

I'm a 30 something woman who lives in Indiana.  I just bought a new house where I live with my new husband and our two doggies.   

I'm allergic to cats (and dogs and lots of other things) but as long as the item is washable, it's ok if you have allergants around.

My favorite color is green, but I really like any of the bright primary and secondary colors, especially all together in rainbow like patterns.

My big crafting passions at the moment are knitting, spinning, and dying.  But I'm also playing with paper and soapmaking.  And I'm definately interested in other crafts that involve yarn or fiber.

My wishlist:

Anything with monkeys, rainbow brite, carebears, or "old style" strawberry shortcake on it

Handspun Yarn (especially the funky novelty yarns, i'm just now learning to make those)

Non-Wool Roving, cotton, silk, any of the nifty new synthetics that are available now.  I've got a ton of wool and I'd love to play with other things and/or blending.thanks ivycircle!

I can always use roving, but my craft room is starting to get a little stuffed with it, so unless it's something really unique, or Fun colors, I have to cut back for a while.  Or pencil roving, I love pencil roving.

Recycled Sari Silk Waste for spinning

Any kind of other neat additions that I can add to my yarns to make fun novelty yarns

Kool Aid in funky flavors (colors) that you can't get easily in the US.

A cotton (cellulose) dying starter kit, or any kind of dyes suitable for dying cotton, this is a big wish now, because I just got a bunch of awesome natural colored cotton yarn in another swap.

I'd love to learn to crochet those little amigurumi, but I've never had any luck learning to crochet.  So any kind of super super easy stuffie pattern and 'crocheting for complete idiots' kit would be great.

Craft books are always great.  Ones I'm especially interested in right now are knitting for pets type books, or toy knitting books.  I'd also love love love the Ashford Book of Carding or Handspun Revolution.  I also could use some basic needle felting books.

Thanks to some fun swaps, I've just started making paper and soap, so I wouldn't mind any new toys to play with those new hobbies.  Little bits of colored papers of any kind to mix in my paper.  Molds for soap.  Additives or colors for either.  Your favorite recipes for making them.

My dogs always appreciate puppy toys, the "big" one weighs about 25 lbs and loves balls.  The little one is only about 9 lbs and only likes things she can eat.  They've been pretty spoiled in previous rounds so we probably don't need any 'all puppy' packages, but if you happen to throw in a tennis ball or some homemade dog biscuits, nobody over here will complain. Smiley

Oh, and I have a husband.  Yesh. He doesn't deserve any presents.  But..... He likes Nascar, especially Kasey Kahne & Bill Elliot.  He also loves comics, especially the Flash.

I don't have alot on my wists yet, but anything from there is also great
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007 08:35:43 PM by raynbow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007 07:09:36 PM »

My name is Sandi and I live in Sacramento, California, with my husband and daughter.  My favorite crafts to do are knitting, crocheting and scrapbooking.  I would love to learn how to sew, but Im still waiting for a sewing machine.  There arent any colors I dont like and as far as patterns go, I like more simple things, no small flower patterns.  Thank you to anyone who chooses me.

1.  Rubber linoleum, or self adhesive rubber (or anything else I don't know about) for making homemade stamps
2.  Scrapbook supplies (stamps, punches, gold leaf, books you dont use anymore, chalks, anything you can think of)
3.  Scrapbook paper, stickers Thanks AsphaltQueen!
4.  Beads, any size/colorThanks roxybadoxy!
5.  12 inch paper cutter
6.  Anything from/inspired by www.impressrubberstamps.com
7.  Knitting needles (PM me for sizes). Thanks Nesse!
8.  Sock yarn
9.  Ephemera, charms, etc. for altered books
10. Colored ink pads.

Crafted items:
1. Homemade soap, bath salts, lip balm, etc.  Thanks AsphaltQueen!
2. Handspun yarn
3. Swap journal (maybe with a space to include pictures)
4. Fun bag (There are some on my wists that I like. I like bags with flat bottoms.)
5.  Wall organizer (there is one in my wists that I love.)
6.   Magic Yarn Ball
7.  Spa kit (bath salts, scrubs, lotions, eye pillow, etc.)
8.  Fabric headbands with elastic.
9.  Passport/ticket holder

DIY/How to kits:
1.  Drop spindle kit
2.  Book binding kit
3.  Paper making kit
4.  Sock monkey kit (cute, girly, pink/purple, etc. would be great)

And anything from my wists! 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 06:53:35 AM by sanditerese » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007 06:28:44 PM »

Well here it is:

-cute simple totes made with crazy colored fabric or a tote with a really cute stencil of a sewing machine, vintage camera, vintage bike, or a vintage typewriter! (maybe with a pocket?!)

-I am currently in great need of L blank t-shirts!!!! (XL AND XXL AND IF POSSIBLE XXXL WOULD BE EVEN MORE AMAZING!!) All colors needed. I will take thrifted shirts but they must be pre-washed and no stains! And please absolutely no logos. If you go to thrift stores and you happen to find an amazing color but it has a logo its fine but please let it be fairly small. (haha sorry I sound so demanding! I just really need some!)
thanks nesse!

-knitting needles/crochet hook (Im a beginner but I would love more!)

-SugarNCream Yarn. I love that stuff!!! All colors accepted! (I love bright colors especially!!)

-Handspun yarn
-Yarn in really pretty colors!

-a shirt, a purse, or a wallet with one of these embroidered on it!

- Fabric! I love all kinds! I like colors that are slightly darker, but bright colors are good too! (Please nothing smaller than 1/8th of a yard)

-an embellished hoodie! (Im a youth small or a teen small)

-embellished shoes. They can be vintage shoes you decorate or those fake vans anything! I love shoes! thanks malina!

And anything on my wists! (i have a lot of things on my wists so you might want to check it first!)

About me: I am 16 and I live in Houston, Texas. I love it here! I love many things such as animal print, animals of all kind! (Especially rabbits and pandas), bright vivid colors (well I really like all colors but since its spring/summer brighter colors are nice), I love anything to do sewing, knitting, crocheting, and photography! I love to learn new things all the time. I just learned how to knit and crochet but I think Im getting better but if you can give me anything to help me out that would be amazing! 

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007 05:52:56 PM by roxybadoxy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Spinstress Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007 12:18:05 PM »

I'm 31 and currently located in Alaska. I am a mother of three and wife to a soldier. I am a college student majoring in history. I love to spin yarn and sew. I love jewel tones and teal. I really don't care for yellow and orange.
Things I'd absolutely love to havefrom most desperate to must have lol:
1. a corset I'd give just about anything for a pretty corset. It's hard to feel pretty sometimes with three kids!
2. vintage patterns of the 40's and 50's especially dresses and suits measurements B=36 W=28 H=36 I can always use a bigger pattern but a smaller one is a pain. Thanks Knuckstersmom!
3. 8x10 photos or paintings of citylife. I live on a tiny island now and really miss the city.
4. lacy embroidered hankerchiefs. Nana said never be without one.
5. A serving dish maybe fused glass or pottery.
6. Fabric! I love wool silk and velvet. They keep me warm in the Arctic.
7. handmade jewelry.I really like necklaces and earrings. Thanks Veludo!
8.DIY needlefelting kit
9. wool roving in brown tones
Hope this helps, I have never made a wishlist before. Kiss
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 08:34:25 PM by ivycircle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007 11:55:53 AM »

OH BOY!  Thanks Asphaltqueen for sending me a wist inspired SUPRISE!  YAY!  I <3 SURPRISES!!

YAY!  MY TURN!   Grin

Hola, I'm Heather Malina Riordan and I'm 32 going on 22.  I live in Tennessee.  I love to paint and rarely have time for it.  I work 2 jobs plus I'm swap addicted.   I LOVE TO COOK!  My style is a little kooky and depends on my mood.  I love japanese lolita, fruits, and general street fashion.  I like punk.  I like to also get dressed up and feel girly too.  I like rockabilly and pinups and old school tattoos (like sailor jerry), skulls, zombies, ninjas, cute things, kawaii, anime, morbid cute things, kitties, sushi, geishas, dragonflies.  I like argyle and polka dots and stripes and PLAIDS.  I have a plaid addiction!  I'm also addicted to Final Fantasy XI.  I'm a sexy mithra with white hair.  I like most colors except excessive yellow and orange (I look terrible in it!)  The best idea is to look my wists over, lol.  Things I would love to get:

1.  bloomers!!  I love them!
2.  lolita style petticoat (plural or sigular hehe)  You can never have to many petticoats
3.  an apron!  with a skull and cross spoons hehehe.  Maybe even a kitty skull.  Or cherries!  Oh, I have tons on my wists, just go look lol
4.  LONG thigh high striped socks.  or argyle or polka dot
5.  cool, funky, jewelry THANKS VELUDO!
6.  asian inspired fabrics, or other fabrics to fit my tastes!
7.  anything cherry blossom
8.  LONG SHOT corset - a girl can dream, right?
9.  a stenciled shirt, see my wists for ideas
10.  sock monkey - but not the traditional, I want a punk sock monkey!
11.  http://dirtymicrobe.com/products/how-i-roll  THIS SHIRT!
12.  LONG SHOT - lolita style clothing skirts, hoodies, etc
14.  anything from my wists I didn't mention - they are quite extensive!
15.  a kit to help me learn to knit!
16.  a cute stuffie
17.  a resin casting kit
18.  I want to learn to do those cool enamel rings and things!  Even a book or something!
19.  Magazines from other countries (would love some from japan to finish my endtables!) 
21.  Speaking of patches, I want to learn to make them myself
22.  I want to learn how to embroider!!  I guess I also need to learn to spell (*^.^)
23.  A shirt that says RDM PWN
24.  a dress or shirt with kimono sleeves

OK, I went a bit overboard,  Leaves lots of room to find something though, right?

Thanks to whomever picks little ol' me.  Check my sig for my various stalking pages!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007 02:38:53 PM by Malina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007 05:20:06 AM »

hi! and Thanks for picking me Wink
my measurements: Bust 32, Waist 26, Hips (what hips??) 29.

.I have this vision of a crocheted (or knitted) lace-like top in this style,  and these colors.  but I'm much too afraid to make it myself  Undecided ..anyone willing to make it? or... direct me to a pattern?..
.Grocery totes
.Measuring tape cozy
.your own artwork.
.music CD with your favorite songs.
.your favorite book. danke _Suicidal_Angel_!!
.handmade journal or sketchbook.
.any art supplies. (I paint - mostly with oils. I do a lot of ink portraits - my micron pens are almost dead! Cry ..oh! and I could always use more drawing pencils!!) danke _Suicidal_Angel_!
.jewelery making supplies. =earing posts/closures for bracelets and necklaces./wire=
.oh! snaps. Grin pardon the pun. (for bags and such. I can't find any good ones.)
.I love roxybadoxy's idea of an embellished hoodie!!
.something recycled. (jewelery, bags, art)
.Fabric: vintage/plaid/funky/"folksy"/this entire page Grin/jersey material.
.handspun yarn. danke ivycircle!!
.hand dyed yarn.
.other excess yarn you don't know what to do with. I'd love different color wools. so I can felt it (I like these colors a lot. but please no fun fur!!  Cry)
.poptabs. (I've got hundreds, but could always use more!)
.stretchy (or not) cording in different colors - I can't find 'em anywhere! (for stringing poptabs.)
.kit for working with resin. (looks so fun!)
.felting kit.
.have any extra Special fx hairdye? (or other brands. ask me about colors!)

I'd love a wist surprise!

I have a lot of hobbies. too many for my own good. I like to pretend I'm a photographer. I knit, crochet (a little), sew, make jewelery with polymer clay, and macram, juggle Cheesy (I hope to be a splendid clown one day.)  I'm 17 and today was my first day driving a standard car. I didn't even make it out the parking lot haha. so if you'd like to get me an automatic car, I'll definitely put that on the list! what am I forgetting... oh! I live in NY Smiley
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007 06:44:31 PM by Nesse » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007 04:54:13 AM »

Hello I'm Bea, I'm 25 and live in the UK, I love my sewing machine and occasionally do a bit of embroidery and jewellery-making too. My list is mainly supplies as there's so much I lust after crafting with that I can't find here!
Thank you in advance to anyone who chooses me Kiss

1. Colourful or oversized buttons - I've exhausted my local thrift stores' supplies and am left with too many boring grey and black shirt ones!

2. Tape measures (white or coloured). I'm trying to collect enough to make myself something like this woven tape measure bag. Thanks Malina!

3. Coloured vinyl fabric - small bits are fine.

4. A lace knit scarflet.

5. Marbles for making marble magnets. Thanks flora!

6. A bleach pen (linky).

7. Round beads for knotted necklaces (linky).

8. Tins with clear lids (linky).

9. Wide lace trim (1.5" or wider).

10. Homemade felted soap.

11. Cotton maryjanes (US Womens sz9) for embroidering (linky).

12. Old sewing patterns for tops (especially capes or kimono/wrap styles) Bust 35 Hips 35.

13. Cotton jersey fabric, printed or plain.

14. Kitsch gumball style charms.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007 09:41:13 AM by purpleone » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007 02:27:21 PM »

Hi, I'm in Iowa and I just like to get mail that isn't a bill! I sew(garments & quilts) and like to make things out of paper and spend way too much time on craftster!
Some supplies I'd like are:
1. I love paper, origami, scrapbook, colored, card stock, whatever-paper is great.
2.bookbinders glue-I haven't been able to find this in my area, and I like to make little books.
3. It would be so cool to have a long reach stapler something like this.-http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=0&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=157548&cmArea=SEARCH
4. a 3/4" round hole punch
5. clipart cd's
6. blank cd folders like these- http://www.clubscrap.com/pgdrv2.cfm?c=ghm/item_details&iID=14112&kd=2007-01-01%2000:00:00.0&b=kd&pgNum=6

Maybe you could make something for me
1. scrapbook or empty book
2. boxes, little boxes or big boxes, wooden or clay or fabric or cardboard-I like boxes!
3. earrings-I have pierced ears (3 holes total so if you only have 1 it would be o.k.)
4.purse-yes, I admit I have just a few already, but is there such a thing as too many? Did you see the cute bowling bag ones?

Other stuff
1.old valentines-they're so cool!
2. greeting cards Thank you Sanditerese!!& postcards-old or handmade-if it's made of paper I pretty much love itThank you defunctbuffalo I can't wait to see what you send!Thank you Velvet rose!
3. how about a surprise?!

Thanks for looking! I can hardly wait to see what comes in the mail!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007 01:11:58 PM by knuckstermom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007 07:21:50 PM »

Hello!  I'm Laura, a 22 year old student in Atlanta, GA.  I love packages a lot- so anything you want to send will be very much appreciated.   Smiley

Sewn/altered things:
-  Screenprinted/stenciled/etc. tee, check the wists for ideas.  Women's medium
-  Altered zip-up hoodie
-  I would *love* a tote bag for all of my books, screenprinted or embroidered or appliqued, but also strong and with an inside pocket or two to keep small things organized.  Again, there are examples of awesome ones on my wist.
- A-line or wrap skirt!  Help me survive working in the Atlanta heat!
- Pajama pants (or maybe these t-shirt pants?  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=160060.msg1611625#msg1611625)
- Fabric headbands: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44540.0

- Mastercarve blocks (or some other brand; for carving stamps)
- Small bits of beautiful fabric, with embroidery hoop, to help me get started on this:
- Fabric for a quilt- at least 7"x7," up to as much as you are willing to send.  It's for a quilt- small patterns are better than large ones, any color, just nothing plaid or too "country" (i.e., no hearts or fruit)

- Short, multi-strand beaded necklaces (some examples are on my wist) in any colors except brown or yellow

- A mug!  I really like mugs.  Something that will make me smile when I pour my coffee in the morning.
- Or- want to send me a coffee themed package?  That could double as an exam survival package?
- **BIG- BUT MUCH NEEDED!** A jewellery box to organize necklaces and bracelets.  This one is great, but I'm open to any set-up if it will let me separate fairly long/bulky necklaces:
- This thing (any design, as long as it has the same function):  http://www.wists.com/defunctbuffalo/595442c770f6a5b32ea80ff00d813b4e?offset=0
- Shrinky-dink starter kit
- I've been wisting like crazy- I'd love a wisty surprise!

Thanks for reading, and thank you to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007 08:16:59 AM by defunctbuffalo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
people love me do you?

I am eternally a slytherin....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007 07:06:56 PM »

Hey everyone my name is cheyanne and i live in michagan in the usa
I am currently studying japanese for my 3 year and i am trying to get as much japanese or kawaii stuff as i can because i am getting rid of a lot of my stuff to charity and other things it is sort of cleaning out my room is like cleaning out my soul or whatever but THANK YOU!!! to anyone that chooses me
i love all things kawaii (cute) and asian. i love ninjas, robots, pandas, pucca, sailor moon, sanrio, argyle, japanese street fashion, san francisco, music and the 80s.My favorite colors aer blues blacks reds and purples dark colors mostly but any mod or flashey colors that aren't like preppy pink then i'm fine Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

-An amigurumi of anything but i would really love a dinosaur (a purple or green one perferably)
-a cute tote or messenger bag with a stencil of a robot like this http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/worrydoll/robots/robotgbg.jpg
-Shoes i love shoes and i can never find any cute ones in my size (12 in US) i love ballet flats with cute designs or converse in funky colors please no heels or white shoes i would be so happy if anyone got me any shoes i only have one pair and they are getting very worn out
love the dino shoes http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/MEXICAN10/DSCF0915.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/MEXICAN10/DSCF0912.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/MEXICAN10/DSCF0914.jpg
-thigh high socks in stripes or polka dots
-magizines or catulogs form asian countries (japan,china,ect.)Japanese crafting books or mags
-fingerless gloves that i can wear all day like this http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/3/35/33563ad8e89df1e46547326278bc1ce6
-a messenger bag with lots of compartments black, brown or army green
-a 1984 (or any really old one but i prefer 1984) coin from any country with a hole in it to make a pendant
-A necklace of bottle caps or alot of bottle caps of the pop tabs on top of cans
-Sharpies I love them and use them everywhere in vibrant colors would be great
-i would die if i got a bag like this
-Anything Robot or ninja or dinosuar or pirate related
-cutesie Japanese things (but don't need any more stationary stuff),
-Japanese fabric, even scraps are great
-Sushi themed stuff i would love if i got a pillow but anything is fine i love sushi!
-Some mixed cds! Nothing too "screamy", and please no swear words!christian rock would be great (hawk nelson, P.O.D., hillsong untied, skillet to name a few  Grin )
-Any Fall Out Boy stuff!(cds art t-shirt anything pm me for sizes if for a shirt)
-Anything from my wists (warning though there is not much on it) http://www.wists.com/otherwisedepressed
-Duct Tape any colors i love duct tape and put it on anything the only two colors i can get anywhere near me are gray and blue please some bright colors!
-funky nail polishes used is fine
-big and unusal beads and charms. vintage is cool to. Please no plastic or childisch beads.
- japanese/kimono flowering fabric like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28941270@N00/105173666/
- Anything Tim Burton Themed
- messenger bag my chemical romance theamed i would love but i will take any just needs to be big
- A circle skirt like this-
- harry potter stuff jornal magneys anything i am slytherin potter puffs and stuff like that i love!
--Any kind of plushie! Especially cute food.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 11:14:24 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sony Cybershot DSC-TX7 Digital Camera Review
Natural Light Photography
The Importance of Reading Manuals in Photography
Why the Sunlight Tracker iPhone App Rocks for Photographers
How to Take Better Photos With a Zoom Lens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...