A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wrap pants...  (Read 15747 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stargazersewer
Fat is not a 4 letter word.....

Oh, ma....let me sleep.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2007 04:02:59 PM »

They were a little fun to get into.  And I got a lot of stares because My husband and I shared a room with my Mom and her Boyfriend.  (It is nuts to get your own room in cape cod in the summer!!!)  Anyway here are some pictures of me wearing my wrap pants.  These Pants ars so comfortable.  I don't look comfortable here because My grandmother had just told me what she thought of my weight.  It happens everytime.  She needs to find something to pick at for everyone.  At least I know what's coming.  My sister, who is skinny and a runner, never has a clue what's comming.

I used the salvage edge of my fabric and I didn't bother to hem them.  I figured they would look really cool as frayed corderoy.  Kinda hippieish.  In this picture you can see me in my pants from the side, my grandmother from the back and my sister from the back.

The pool is at the motel we stayed in.  It was really nice and yes I did go swimming despite all warnings from my grandmother that I would look fat in a suit.  I told her no fatter then I already was, so why not.  hehe.  All in all, it was a nice weekend.
I hope everyone else had a nice weekend.
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mserocks
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007 07:08:03 PM »

Pants are cute. Smiley Grammas can be annoying like that sometimes... When I was a teenager, my great gram constantly fussed at me for dressing too much like a boy. To appease her, on one visit, I wore a dress and did my hair. She took one look at me, and all in the same breath, said: Cute dress. You look fat. Have a cookie...

>.<

Anyway. CUTE PANTS Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi.

Ok, me too! www.wists.com/mserocks
mansonette
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007 08:22:11 PM »

I really like your pants...but I also wanted to comment about your grandmother.  I think they all must have been hit with the same ray gun because my grandma says crap like that too.  I was in a wedding not that long ago and she gave me a knit shawl she made to wear incase it got cold.  When I tried it on she had to assure me that "Don't worry...it stretches A LOT".  Weight has always been an issue for me and I love clothes and hate shopping for them because I always leave with a little less self esteem.

You look great in your new pants!  Don't let anyone tell you different!!...and I give you a high five for taking a dip in the pool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2007 10:36:41 PM »

stargazersewer, your pants look great and I love the print  Grin Your G'ma sounds like my mother  Undecided
Good for you for going swimming regardless of what she said, I'm sure they just do it for a reaction!!
I got some lovely blue fabric with stars on in a swap recently, I was tgoing to make a skirt but I'm making another pair of these pants now instead  Grin My husband loved them, he only laughed a little bit seeing me put them on  Wink The bonus part is how fast you can make them  Grin I was a bit worried about where to cut the 4" and where to cut the 12" but I must've have done it right as they fit LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
stargazersewer
Fat is not a 4 letter word.....

Oh, ma....let me sleep.....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2007 08:05:33 PM »

I know, I love the 15 minute pair of pants.  I need to make more of these.  I just got a bunch of fabric to look through. I love freecycle. 
As for my grandmother she has been to known to say "Haven't lost any weight, have you...You didn't order very much for dinner, You sure you only want a salad?" 
She is something else.  Tells me i'm fat and that she just made my favorite cookies to snack on.  Ugh...
By the way, The skinny a## in the picture in the little shorts...She refused to go swimming, afraid she would look bad if her hair got wet.  hehe.  Gotta love sisters. 
Thanks for all the complements on the pants. 
I think they are the most comfortable things in the world.  I found that using Bias tape and sewing it at the openings of the casing really helped me put them on easier.  I was having major bunching issues when I had ribbon running through it. 
Shawna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2007 09:17:51 PM »

Families huh?!  Roll Eyes
I'm sewing ribbon/tape to the ends rather than running it through a casing so I should be OK
You can never get fabric or yarn from our Freecycle - not fair!! lol I rely on the local charity shops, you can get some pretty neat stuff that way
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007 04:56:33 AM by ZaftigMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
timeless
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2007 05:42:06 PM »

I bought myself some fabric to make pants etc last Saturday. I haven't started my projects yet as now I've a very busy week.
Hey stargazersewer, not to worry abt your grandma's comments. Old people are usually like that. You just keep stitching & make wonderful things for yourself. I love your pants. It looks good on you. Anything looks good esp. if you wear a black T-Shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
francie pants
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007 06:05:33 PM »

I made a pair of these the other day in some stretchy black material.  I turned and looked in the mirror and couldn't believe what I saw.  I yelled to my husband "DUDE!  My ass looks HOT!"  Shocked  hahaha I don't think I've said that since I was in highschool.  The tricky part is getting the hem right.  I think cuz of the stretchy fabric issue, it hangs uneven, and the poor dh has no idea what he's doing when I ask him to pin it even with the floor.  We thought we had it right until we went out for the evening, came home in a rain storm, and I realized one corner of the pants was sopping wet.

Oh, and grandma, yer just jealous of youth.  Ain't nuttin you can do to fix that.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KissyJo
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007 03:13:02 PM »

i've made a few pairs of these wrap pants. they are the bestthing to wear. SO comfortable.
lovely job on yours =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Jesllo
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007 04:24:32 PM »

One of the first things I ever made was a pair of wrap pants for my Barbie.  I put elastic in the back part instead of a tie.  I'll have to see if I can find those pants in my girls barbie junk and see how I did it!  I've so been meaning to make myself some new pants.  Nothing fits!  I hate how chunky I'm getting!  Blah!  Anyway...can't wait to try that pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set Layout Size and Guide Lines in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Create Layout in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - How to Edit Images in Dreamweaver and Photoshop
Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 - How to Save GIFs and PNGs in Photoshop
How to Edit JPEGs and TIFFs File in Camera Raw 4.0
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...