A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paypal and Other Shopping Carts  (Read 27611 times)
Tags for this thread: paypal , shopping_carts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cakesniffer

cakesniffer crafts! www.cakesniffer.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2006 08:39:13 AM »

well it depends, what does your server support and whos your hosting company?

I have a finnish hosting company called elisa. I know that it at least supports PHP... For any other info I need to check.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneTwo
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2006 09:06:40 AM »

I just signed up with 2checkout.com. Anyone heard of that? research indicates it a better shopping experience then paypal and customers may feel more confident using it. Anyone tried it yet?

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sa812
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2006 09:29:56 AM »

Look into this site: http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/ i created my soy candle website with their template. http://www.nixwixcandles.com you own the shopping cart software but you'll need a merchant account i use PayPal Pro

Nix
THIS ROCKS   Logged
123shopaholic
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2006 12:35:39 PM »

hey has anyone heard of www.charge.com ? it claims to be free and you can accept credit cards and stuff, has anyone tried it before. I was thinking about  started a business online and was trying to find a shopping cart thing that dosn't cost anything. and i found this website but has anyone ever heard or know anyone who has tried it?

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_slice
Bird at the Window

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2006 02:28:20 PM »

help!

I decided to try a shopping cart other than Mals, because I wanted one that would allow me to control quantities and inventory etc.  So I went with Zencart which says: 

" BEFORE YOU PROCEED, make sure you have access to a MySQL database, and username/password to that database. You may need to create the database using your webhosting account's control panel. Contact your webhosting company for assistance. Zen Cart cannot create the database for you.

(You need the following permissions on your MySQL user: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, INDEX, DROP)"

I'm really knew to all of this.  I have an account with godaddy.com and know I can access the ftp part, but I have no clue what mySQL is.  Does anone know if I actually have it or how to set it up if it needs setting up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bethy85
project wonderland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2006 10:33:58 AM »

after reading this i started thinking about wheather or not i wanted use paypal. i'm in the process of opening a business. a lot of people have really good things to say about paypal but a few people have serious problems is a few to many for me. anyways i was looking paypal alternatives and i came across this site and thought i would share it with everyone.

http://www.workz.com/content/view_content.html?section_id=523&content_id=6856

it lists alternatives and their fees and little about them. hope it helps someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beadiegirls06
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2006 12:16:14 PM »

I have had a few problems with my paypal account. I actually can't add my checking account to it because they say it is attached to another account, which toyally freaked me out, but apparently that account has been locked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linds3485
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2006 08:20:53 AM »

help!

I decided to try a shopping cart other than Mals, because I wanted one that would allow me to control quantities and inventory etc.  So I went with Zencart which says: 

" BEFORE YOU PROCEED, make sure you have access to a MySQL database, and username/password to that database. You may need to create the database using your webhosting account's control panel. Contact your webhosting company for assistance. Zen Cart cannot create the database for you.

(You need the following permissions on your MySQL user: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, ALTER, INDEX, DROP)"

I'm really knew to all of this.  I have an account with godaddy.com and know I can access the ftp part, but I have no clue what mySQL is.  Does anone know if I actually have it or how to set it up if it needs setting up?

Godaddy does offer MySQL databases. I am not familiar with their hosting, but poke around and you should be able to create one somewhere. You'll create a database name, then a user and password for that database, and you'll need to change the permissions as well. You'll need all this information to use Zencart.

Suggestion: Zen can be quite tricky to install. If you're stuck on the first part, you'll probably encounter some other problems along the way. I'd say I know what I'm doing and I wouldn't even attempt to install it. What you may want to do is find a new host that offers a one-click installation, such as Dreamhost, so you do not have to deal with any of the installation complications on your own.

Best of luck. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
123shopaholic
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2006 09:18:10 PM »

Out of curiousity, since i am still debating whether I'm going to start an online business or not, i was wondering, if say i made a website on bravenet.com, how am i supposed to put paypal onto it if it's the free version?
is there some html code or something you are supposed to put on the pages?? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stonelotus
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2006 10:13:52 AM »

I have been lucky so far.  I have been selling using Paypal for over a year and I have not had any problems so far, but craftview's post just reminds me that a major problem could happen at any time. 

Thank you everyone for your alternate options.  I'll start researching now, so that if the time comes that I need to make a change - I'll be ready  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Styling Tips for 1 Gray Suit
4 Affordable, Fall Looks For the Office
The Best Colors for Redheads
Julien Macdonald - London - Spring 2014 - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How To Get The DKNY Runway Look For Less
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...