A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paypal and Other Shopping Carts  (Read 26061 times)
Tags for this thread: paypal , shopping_carts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toast.
« on: February 04, 2004 06:07:32 PM »

okay so i didn't want to get paypal. in fact i was very anti getting paypal. but its looking like it might be a good investment.
heres where you come in..
for those of you with websites selling your crafts, what percentage of your sales come through paypal? and do you think having paypal increases your sales?
are you more likely to buy something from a website with paypal.?  just because theres less fuss?
thank you for you input..
<3
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004 04:41:23 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

envelopers
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004 06:20:05 PM »

With paypal you can also accept credit cards, you know. It's the only payment processor in its class.  Part of the advantage(which is huge) is that there's no monthly fee, unlike the other payment processors. And the per-transaction fee is reasonable for the service they are providing. You can decrease their fees even more by using a PayPal Credit card that pulls money right out of your business paypal acct. like a debit card. it's neat.

If you know how to implement it, it's really not bad.  All of my domestic sales come through paypal as a processor, and i also offer 2checkout.com for international, since paypal doesn't handle non-us bank accounts quite as smoothly. I've never had a complaint, I've even handled some wholesale and custom stuff through it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004 06:22:27 PM by envelopers » THIS ROCKS   Logged
comfits
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004 07:57:46 AM »

i use it for the simple fact that it's easy for me & customers.  all of my sales are through paypal.  i've heard from others that almost all of their sales come through paypal, too.  a friend suggested that i try their shopping cart feature & i love it!  as said, their fees are very very small.  on another note--when i used to ebay all the time, i'd only bid on people w/ paypal.  that same friend told me people love whipping out the plastic.  it's true.  i mean even mc donald's accepts credit cards now.  how insane is that?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardsforcaring

Volunteering through cardmaking

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004 12:14:02 PM »

I'm just getting started with my new business venture, and I'm using PayPal for my sales. I think it's the easiest way to go and worth the 3% of sales in order to keep sales easy until one gets big enough to warrant a credit card merchant account (which is usually $20 a month, plus a per charge fee).

I didn't like PayPal's shopping cart function, however, so I signed up with a company called Securenetshop.com for the shopping cart. They have monthly, quarterly, and annual plans....I signed up with the quarterly just to get started. It handles PayPal payments seamlessly, and I think it gives the wary customers a bit of extra security than PayPal only provides.

Kim
Cards for Caring
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kim
Cards for Caring
www.cardsforcaring.org
slowloris
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004 01:54:45 PM »

i've been using CCNOW for three years now and i'm very happy with their services, i'm paid every two weeks. go check out their site to see what they offer.
They are located in Delware (no sales tax there) and since technically they are selling my items, my customers do not have to pay tax. confusing? YES. but legal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slowshirts.com
garagesalegallery.net
Gina
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004 04:28:40 PM »

I hate to freak anyone out, but I've heard a lot of negative stuff about PayPal.  Personally, I've never had a bad experience with them, but a) I've only used PayPal as a buyer, and b) I don't use it very often (maybe once every two or three months).  There are several websites that detail problems users have had with PayPal, http://paypalsucks.com/ being one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Toast.
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004 05:34:07 PM »

well crap.
i just signed up for paypal.
and i also just read that paypal sucks site. and now i' scared.
i guess for everything  there are people who think its great and peple whio think it sucks. i mean look at .. well.. anything ( commercial stores, religion, parenting techniques, diets.. EVERYHTING). so i might just have to take the risk and pray that i'm not someone who gets screwed over by them.
thank you for all your advice. by the end of this month my site will have paypal buttons and things, so you can pay by credit card or through paypal.
<3
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008 08:49:44 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexscreations
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004 12:10:54 AM »

well crap.
i just signed up for paypal.
and i also just read that paypal sucks site. and now i' scared.
i guess for everything  there are people who think its great and peple whio think it sucks. i mean look at .. well.. anything ( commercial stores, religion, parenting techniques, diets.. EVERYHTING). so i might just have to take the risk and pray that i'm not someone who gets screwed over by them.
thank you for all your advice. by the end of this month my site will have paypal buttons and things, so you can pay by credit card or through paypal.
<3

I also have never had problems with Paypal as a buyer OR seller, and I have been using them for a long time.  I think all the anti-Paypal stuff is just hype, the same kind of hype you get about anything that gets "big".  It is the only possible way for me to accept credit cards without being screwed out of my profits, so I think it's great!!  Smiley

So, yay Paypal from me.  Wink
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008 08:50:21 AM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
misha
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004 07:16:40 AM »

I like Paypal as well.  I've never had a problem with them. I even had my money returned when a seller on ebay never sent my product.

If you have tracking info for a product, you are pretty safe with Paypal.  Granted, I have heard horror stories about buyers coming back three months later and claiming they never received their products, but there are thieves everywhere and that can easily happen with any credit card processor.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Debzy

I'm a Scouser!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2004 05:17:34 AM »

this is a really interesting thread. i've been wondering the same thing.

i think i'm going to have to use paypal (or similar... how about nochex?) as i'm based in the uk, but i want to be able to sell internationally.

my experince of paypal is limited (buying and selling on ebay) but i've never had any problems. i'm going to check out that paypalsucks site though. forewarned is forearmed and all that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
-George Bernard Shaw
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairstyles For Your Hair Color
Simple Half Up and Down Wedding Hairstyle
Loose Waves Wedding Hairstyle
Low Side Chignon Wedding Hairstyle
How to Use a Flat Iron For Perfectly Straight Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...