A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Klimt makeup bags  (Read 1551 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nataleeza
« on: March 30, 2007 02:06:47 AM »

Hey everyone, I used e.r.i.k.a's lined zipper pouch tute to make these cute little makeup purses for my best friend's 24th birthday.  The backs are black, but the fronts are iron on transfers that I printed off on my bubble jet of two of Klimt's paintings.

She absolutely loves Gustav Klimt (she even based her 6th form art portfolio around his work, and all of her paintings were stunning!)
I hope she likes them, her fiance bought her a gorgeous full-colour Klimt book for her birthday, so I guess she's still nuts about him Smiley

So, here they are,
Klimt's Young Ladies on the left, and Klimt's The Kiss on the right:

And I even lined them in colours from the paintings:

So, what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007 03:21:01 AM »

wow! i love klimt's paintings. where did you find klimt fabric? oh silly me  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007 08:50:56 AM by tinybits » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007 06:40:57 AM »

These are fab.
What kind of Iron on transfer did you use. I've done this before but they've never looked so good. What's your secret to good transfers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007 07:30:36 AM »

i want them so bad!
i love love love Klimt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007 11:48:00 AM »

Those are so great.  Those pictures look like fabric.  Wow.  You got really good transfers on those; the colors are fantastic!  I would buy them if I saw them in a boutique or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
liddy
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007 12:00:31 PM »

those are so pretty! she will love them. 

and yes, how on earth did you get such perfect transfers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataleeza
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007 01:30:01 PM »

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments!

I used Celcast's iron transfers for black t-shirts.  I'm just new to the whole transfer thing, so I can't really give any hints, because I don't know what I do differently.  I'm buying a different brand today (just ran out, and Celcast were a little more expensive than the others) so I'll let you know how they turn out.

I have noticed that I prefer the opaque black t-shirt transfer paper to the transparent white t-shirt transfer paper, because the transfer seems to melt into the fabric better.  And even better, you don't have to mirror-image them on your comp before printing them out.  They are a little more expensive than the white ones, but worth it.

What I did was transfer the picture to calico before cutting out the front pieces, because I thought it would make the transfer last longer if it was actually sewn into the seam allowance.

After admiring these all evening (and making my partner admire them periodically too - not easy to do when he's playing WoW!), I've decided to make heaps more, but with different things on them.  They are so cheap and easy to make!  Now I'm dying for one with Rainbow Brite on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
~ B. F. Skinner
mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007 03:30:03 PM »

What brand/model of printer do you use?  I have a b/w laser, and I know it's not proper for t-shirt transfers. 

Those really are great; I've considered doing t-shirt transfers with letters, but I never thought of paintings.  Radness, nataleeza! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
nataleeza
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007 02:57:45 PM »

I've got a swanky Epson bubblejet printer, an RX530.
It's a photo quality one, so even though you can't get photo quality printing on an iron-on transfer, the pictures come out nice and crisp.

I believe that you can get laser printer transfer paper.  I've never seen it myself (but then again, even tracking down the paper I got was tricky this time) but I'm sure it's available somewhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ B. F. Skinner
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Why Wearing Tight Ponytails Is Harmful to Your Hair
How to Wear a Drag Queen Wig
How to Maintain a Wig
How to Wear a Wig
How to Get the Best Hairdressing Products
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...