A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,339
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Wallet/Organizer Holder with Pattern  (Read 179543 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kblackwellpix
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2007 12:39:58 AM »

thanks i like yours to.. i am in the process now in making a revised one.. its a trifold....  i have had to rip seams 5 times so far due to unnaccounted for measurements...  Angry    but it is almost done now and i will post it when i am done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiebread
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007 09:34:12 AM »

I like it, kblackwell! Great fabric choice!

Thank you, SewPixie, for this tutorial! I LOVE it! I got rid of my bulky, heavy planner and my wallet and have downsized to this. I didn't do the zipper pouch or ID window for myself as I wouldn't use them, but they are very cute and I want to do them when I make one for someone else!

I should have gone all the way up with the card slots, but I had already cut the piece and didn't feel like messing with another. The cards do tend to slide out, though, so I want to add a flap or something to keep them in place on my next one.

Thanks again!

That is awesome, and I really do love that fabric!  I have one teensy little nit-picky thing to point out: while I do heartily love and adore that fabric, it is a bit difficult to make out which card is which in the card holder portion because the small stripes are so busy.  You might want to try a solid background that picks up a color in the pattern next time to make it easier to grab the correct card quickly.  Again, this is the smallest of things and reflects more of a personal preference than anything else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kblackwellpix
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2007 10:14:35 AM »

interfacing really helped with the cards falling out issue for me.. here is my second attempt. a little better and modified but still needs some work... its rather large too...

over all its about 24 inches long and 7.5 inches wide.  there is one zipper on the outside and an inner zipper for important insurance cards.  i also made the inner card pocket so that it could hold a good bit..

i am not sure if i will acutally use this one but i really like the fabric. Maybe a gift or something. i really want to make one that i will use tho... maybe ill stick with sewpixie's orig....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chicomich

Art by Anne-Julie Aubry

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007 10:35:18 AM »

That is awesome, and I really do love that fabric!  I have one teensy little nit-picky thing to point out: while I do heartily love and adore that fabric, it is a bit difficult to make out which card is which in the card holder portion because the small stripes are so busy.  You might want to try a solid background that picks up a color in the pattern next time to make it easier to grab the correct card quickly.  Again, this is the smallest of things and reflects more of a personal preference than anything else.

Thanks for the feedback! While I don't have any problem finding my cards, I agree it might look nicer with a more demure inside. I'll have to try that next time.

interfacing really helped with the cards falling out issue for me

I used interfacing for the body, but not the pockets. I'll have to give that a try next time. Thanks!

Your new one looks great! I like the trifold design. I think I might give that a shot. And a pen-holder pocket. I'll have to incorporate that, too. Thanks for the steal-worthy ideas! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She who dies with the most fabric wins!
kblackwellpix
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007 02:16:11 PM »

I used interfacing for every peice. it was a little thick sewing  the card slots but it did help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robinoconnor777
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007 08:07:34 PM »

Do you have the pattern for this? and/or a tut?  I absolutely love it but can not find a place to download instructions or dimensions...

Robin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2007 08:30:10 PM »

The tutorial is on page #2 (also reprinted on my blog site under Tutorials). Enjoy!

kblackwellpix I love the extra middle section you added and the extra zipper pocket. I am going to be making another one for a swap and she wants an extra pocket so I might try your layout.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007 08:31:11 PM by SewPixie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2007 08:05:23 PM »

Hi all, I finished up the wallet I made for the IYP swap so I thought I'd post it. I didn't do the pen holder or extra section this time but I did do a 2nd external pocket. I have a TON of double-side fusible peltex think interfacing so I used that in the middle to stiffen it up a bit. Ugh I was dumb though and didn't use a large enough needle...I went through about 6 #11's before I switched to a #16. Dur.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
mtaplusone

Women Who Strive to Be Equal With Men Lack AMBITIO

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007 03:58:47 AM »

I was wondering if any of the folks who made one NOT using the bias fold tape could share with me the measurments you used?  I have tried to figure this out twice and have had to 'trash' both projects  Angry
I have made one with the bias fold tape, but I am not a big fan of it so I would love to try one without.
TIA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noix85
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007 06:05:56 AM »

Nice job everyone ... they all look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 11/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 5/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 9/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 1/29
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 2/21
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...