A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Consignment Shops/Distros  (Read 29689 times)
Tags for this thread: consignment  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mizbabette

Ciara Loves You!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2006 07:00:15 AM »

Does anyone know of any consignment shops, online or otherwise, that take items besides clothing and accessories? I'm trying to get my shop started, and eventually I'll carry those types of items, but what I have right now is a plethora of cat toys...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciara Loves You: Toys and Designs for Real Cool Cats
Home of the elusive Kitty Monster!
http://www.ciara-loves-you.com
collisioncraft
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2006 06:47:25 PM »

Has anyone heard of Glamourpussshop.com?  I consigned with them about a year and half ago and everything was going okay but now the website is no longer working.  It hasn't been up for a couple of months and I can't reach the girl who runs it.  She has a whole bunch of my stuff.  Has anyone had this problem?  I'm not sure what to do about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
123shopaholic
« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2006 07:00:18 PM »

ok this may sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is a distro?
is it where other businesses sell your products or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danakk
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2006 12:17:22 PM »

"ok this may sound like a stupid question, but what exactly is a distro?
is it where other businesses sell your products or something?"

That's just the shortened version of distributor. People use it as a generic term to mean any avenue of sales such as stores or web sites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chimera
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2006 12:55:31 PM »

Has anyone heard of Glamourpussshop.com?  I consigned with them about a year and half ago and everything was going okay but now the website is no longer working.  It hasn't been up for a couple of months and I can't reach the girl who runs it.  She has a whole bunch of my stuff.  Has anyone had this problem?  I'm not sure what to do about it.

Consignment doesn't sound like a very good idea. I started reading this thread from the beginning and most of the links posted for consignment shops are either non-existent or list the shops as being closed. And now the above post ^^^ Doesn't sound like a very good idea, but then again if you want to pay someone else to sell your handmade stuff, what can you expect??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sixonesix
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2006 05:46:48 AM »

Well, consignment is a good idea. My website promotes up and coming designers and takes full responsibility for the items in our care.

SixOneSix isn't closing anytime soon either. I hope you don't think consignment is a 'dodgy' way to sell your goods because I know that we are trying to promote indie designers and up and comers. Being in Australia, we promote their goods to a whole new market on the other side of the world. The goods are very very well cared for and items do sell with all tags and contact information of the designer intact. I guess my store has a different tact which is to showcase new designers and not turn down people just because they haven't made a name for themselves yet (that's what we want to help them achieve!)

Nobody loses out with consignment and it's quite a good way to make a start and to test the waters or maybe even concentrate on making new things and having someone else sell them for you while you are busy.

I guess it may seem like a bad sales avenue if you have been burned by a consignment store before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.sixonesix.com.au - The boutique for upcoming designers!

http://www.attagirldesign.com - Design services for your small business.
Fortuna
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2006 06:42:42 PM »

When you consign, do you need to sell all your jewellery at all other avenues at the same or at least very close to that price so that they don't cannibalise your consignment sales?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nico-tiro

Its Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: May 22, 2006 01:22:32 AM »

Consignment doesn't sound like a very good idea. I started reading this thread from the beginning and most of the links posted for consignment shops are either non-existent or list the shops as being closed. And now the above post ^^^ Doesn't sound like a very good idea, but then again if you want to pay someone else to sell your handmade stuff, what can you expect??

i agree, i cant say ive been burned but i can surely say my stuff hasnt done well via consignments, might be the wrong stores? and id never consign online. id rather wholesale. unless its a wicked shop like fred flare or something. but i dont know how their shop works.
i think if your planning on sending your stuff out to someone whos started their consignment site for handmade stuff, why not just try and sell your stuff yourself? theres a new free online shop you can make for yourself at appee.com i think its free, unlike ebay, or etsy, but its new and theres no way to scroll thru other shops. the problem i guess would be self promotions but if most of the links in this thread are dead, then it only goes to show if your not into it, or if theres no traffic in your shop it wont work. but if its your own stuff and you still actually have it and havent sent it away to some anonymous consignment shop theres a better chance you will be into it and promote and find ways to get people to come to your shop. i dont know what im trying to say here, just my two centimos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lilly_Queen
« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2006 07:53:24 AM »

Check out my detailed list of Consignment Stores.

tell me what you think: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50368.30
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortuna
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2006 03:24:50 AM »

When I was considering consignment, I went through and read every single post in this thread, compiled a list of every consignment store I could find and contacted a number of them regarding their business. After my arduous experience, I decided to write a guide for selling your items through consignment stores, specifically, what you need to consider when deciding which consignors to contact. I would really appreciate your feedback on it, and if it helps you at all, then all the more better! Smiley

http://fox.hereternalreign.com/2006/07/selling-through-consignment/

Thanks,
Helena
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Hair Color
How to Section the Hair to Prepare for Coloring
How to Color Grey Hair and Make it Shine
Learn Different Ways to Style Short Hair
Learn how to Style Short Hair - Audrey Hepburn Crop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...