A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,973
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Swap Pics!  (Read 5708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2004 08:51:34 AM »

I was going to the basement to wash some laundry, and I noticed there was a package on the back porch.  Forgetting all about the laundry, I ran to pick it up.  There, was a box from Jessicakes.  She sent me not one, but two beautiful scarves!!  My favorite is the burnt red suedey scarf with leaves and silver stitching all over.  She also sent me a wonderful crocheted orange, brown, and tan scarf.  Yeah!  I am so lucky.  I love them both!!!

I will post pics later this weekend.

Thanks so much, Jessicakes!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004 02:32:32 PM »

I'm so glad you liked them!! I had fun making them...my friend Jacob didn't want me to send the crocheted one...he wanted it for himself!!  Grin

~jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004 02:52:05 PM »

woo hoo! i got my fall swap packie from IQ Jones!  It contained:  three super yummy fall scented candles, awesome fall themed stationary (maybe now i'll write some letters to my family!), some Hello Kitty Halloween fabric (how did you know I love Hello Kitty?!), and two beautiful pins, one flower (I was totally jealous of the flower pin swap ladies) and one leaf with silver bead work for the veins.  I'm so psyched about everything!  I think I'm going to swap out the two pins on my winter coat this year, they both match very well!  IQ Jones, if you have any pics to post, that would be great!  I'm sending my packie tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004 04:33:42 PM »

Here are the beautiful scarves Jessicakes sent me

The picture doesn't do it justice. She put several different fall colored leaves all over the scarf. Yesterday, I wore this one all day long.

The second scarf is super cute too!  The both go well with my new olive colored cord jacket!

Thank-you so much, Jessicakes!!! I love them both!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010 12:23:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004 06:26:56 PM »

...some Hello Kitty Halloween fabric (how did you know I love Hello Kitty?!)...  IQ Jones, if you have any pics to post, that would be great!  I'm sending my packie tomorrow!
I totally guessed on the Hello Kitty!
So glad you got package & like it all!
Here is picture:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008 04:47:04 PM by iqjones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
jessicakes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2004 03:14:01 PM »

I'm so glad you like them!! I was kinda worried Smiley I'm glad they go with your jacket too Smiley Actually, the first scarf was just some fabric I found in the remnant bin at JoAnn's...it's came with the leaves already on it!! (I wish I was cool enough to do something like that though Smiley)

~jessicakes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004 02:24:29 PM »

I sent my goodies out to DeniseM today.  I hope you like my stuff at least half as much as I like my goodies from Jessicakes!!

Reminder to get your crafts mailed out today (and to go vote!!!)

Sandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004 10:45:02 AM »

DeniseM- I received the package from you today!
Thank you-- it made me smile & I really needed that!
I am putting it on the center of the kitchen table so everyone can see it.
You can see in the picture how well it compliments the (newish) color of our kitchen!
Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008 04:58:53 PM by iqjones » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
jessicakes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004 03:04:52 PM »

Ok, so I was having a crappy day and then I get home and checked the mail box and what was in there? A "You have a package in the office" slip...so I ran (not walked) to the office and could hardly contain my glee when I saw my fall swap stuff from jpants!! I could barely keep myself from tearing into it before I reached my apartment! When I opened the box I found the following items:

Leaf stickers and stick on flower pebbles for scrapbooking Smiley

Candle holder with a leaf on it and a little notepad with a matching leaf! (off to the left are the fake leaves that were wrapped around everything)

And the beautiful scarf that I haven't taken off since I took the picture Smiley (The picture does not do it justice)

thank you so much jpants!! I love everything and you made my day Smiley

~jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jpants
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004 07:42:35 PM »

hooray!  this was by far my favorite swap to make stuff for.  I meant to tell you, the scarf is landscapes by lion brand.  apparently it will felt if you wash it in the machine, so wash by hand if you need to.  enjoy everything!   Kiss
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004 05:13:46 AM by jpants » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...