A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweater ENVY, need pattern!  (Read 1706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: March 28, 2007 02:05:30 PM »

Okay.  So I did something hysterical today.  Whist shopping at my favorite store, Target, I spotted the most gorgeous sweater walking around on a lady.  I had to find out where she got it.  So I followed her into the bathroom (not into the stall!!)

Was that a little weird?  She must've thought so, because she looked at me like I was an alien for asking about her sweater.  I figured that asking for a picture of it (with my cell phone) would be out of the question.

She said she bought it from Anthropologie, but I didn't think to ask when.  Obviously now it's not online, so I've compiled some pictures of the features that make this sweater/jacket so damn cool:

It's a basic fitted cardigan like this:

But has a collar more like this:
Muchas gracias for that lovely pattern, erincatherine, it's a beauty http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=124866.0

And has under arm shaping on the sides like this:

Does that make any sense?  Does anyone know of a pattern like this one?  Normally, I avoid seaming at all costs, but on this sweater/jacket it made it look so tailored...  I suppose I could draft this up myself, but I am so busy lazy...
Thanks for any and all help.  And any feed back as to whether or not it's weird to walk up to random strangers and ask about their clothing would also be helpful!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007 02:16:36 PM »

It's completely normal (well, for me us).  As for the pattern, I can't think of any, but I'd go with drafting my own, just so I'd know it'd fit perfectly Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
clicksticks
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007 02:23:12 PM »

You would have to alter the neck and make it asymmetrical, but Veronik Avery had a cardigan pattern in the Fall 2004 IK that had that super tailored shaping at the sides (the name of the jacket is shocking!).  You might want to take a look to get an idea about shaping the sides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007 02:39:39 PM »

You would have to alter the neck and make it asymmetrical, but Veronik Avery had a cardigan pattern in the Fall 2004 IK that had that super tailored shaping at the sides (the name of the jacket is shocking!).  You might want to take a look to get an idea about shaping the sides.

Thanks for the idea, clicksticks!  Any idea where I could find a link to a completed jacket?  I've searched and can't seem to find one....

And thanks fyberduck, I didn't think it was too weird, but then I have a limited sense of "normal".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007 03:22:33 PM »

Oh my gosh!  I used to own a vintage sweater like the grey one and I loved it!  Wow, how cool to see it again, I may have to pick up the needles...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
eatyerhartout
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007 04:08:48 PM »

Actually, it was the Winter '04. I checked their site, but couldn't find a pic. Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
irishelf
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007 05:27:08 PM »

There's a jacket in loop-d-loop by teva durham that I think has a lot of the elements you're talking about.  I don't have the book and can't remember the name of the pattern but it was beautiful so that could be a good place to look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitjunkee

It's like crack, only with yarn.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007 06:44:24 PM »

There's a jacket in loop-d-loop by teva durham that I think has a lot of the elements you're talking about.  I don't have the book and can't remember the name of the pattern but it was beautiful so that could be a good place to look.

I have the book and it's pricess cut cardigan?? I do know that it is not on her website to purchase as an individual pattern, but way back when there WAS a KAL for the book when it first came out so there might be a FO in there. The fit on that one sounds exactly like what you are looking for. I'll check at home and post the right name a little later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clicksticks
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007 07:11:28 PM »

Ooops, it is the Winter 04 issue.  Thanks for pointing that out!

Here's a rather so-so shot of my finished product:

I also seem to have some assembly photos stashed on my photobucket:

I will see if I can get a better photo tomorrow, if you think that would be helpful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007 08:03:40 PM »

Ohh, my goodness gracious clicksticks!  Thank you so much for posting pictures of your Shocking!  It is gorgeous! And I would love to see more pics if you have time to post them. 

Your cardigan is actually PRETTIER than the one I saw today!  I would've definitely followed you around the store and asked you about it!  Wink

edit*  I found this pic of the princess cut cardi by a fellow Craftster:
Thanks AgnesB! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=145181.msg1430154#msg1430154

It's pretty close to what I saw today, but I'd have to adjust the neckline.  Whiny, aren't I?!  I think the Shocking! cardigan might be closer...hmmm...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007 08:28:01 PM by wobblerat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Costello Tagliapietra Fall 2014 NYFW Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Miss USA Nia Sanchez LIVE
You’ll Never Guess The First Thing Miss USA Ate After Her Victory
See Makeup Pro Kandee Johnson Transform Into Taylor Swift
Pick Up This Purse Essential on Your Next Grocery Trip
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...