A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 308,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New VK Lace Cardigan KAL?  (Read 4261 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

D.I.Winer
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007 07:34:52 AM »

So I'm done mine but it's way too short. I thought about adding another eyelet repeat before I began the ribbing but then decided not to (ung! duh! always listen to my gut instinct!)

I'm thinking of just adding more of the eyelet ribbing at the bottom though.

Also - I think I'm working with cursed yarn. I'm using yarn I had originally knit a sweater for my boyfriend with & it didn't turn out quite right so then I salvaged it for this project & it isn't working either... -sigh-
THIS ROCKS   Logged
detroy
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007 05:29:29 AM »

I've started this thing 3 times now. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but when I get to the end of the first row of the eyelet ribbing I have an extra stitch, but have the correct number of stitches on the needle. On one of my tries I just tried to fib an fix but later on had trouble like that again in the regular lace part above the ribbing. !@#$ thing! I really want this but just can't seem to get it right!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starflower
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007 10:49:38 AM »

This is my first knitalong. I started knitting this last week and I've already finished the back and am halfway to finishing the two fronts (I'm knitting them at the same time).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/213/498193296_0f30894c08_o.jpg

I'm using Rowan Summer Tweed which I found in my stash and luckily got gauge with the recommended needles. So far it's been a pretty easy knit.

Thanks to typical British weather I wasn't getting any natural light when I took the pic so it looks dark and dreary. The colour of the yarn looks more like powder blue in real life.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

detroy
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007 11:31:41 AM »

Starflower I love yours in summer tweed - pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Starflower
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007 05:48:57 AM »

Thanks Detroy.  Smiley

I've hit a stumbling block with the armhole and neck shaping on the two fronts. I got myself all in a pickle and ended up with far more stitches on the right front than I had on the left. Right now they're sitting on the knitting equivalent of the naughty step while I try to work out where it all went wrong.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starflower
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007 08:43:01 AM »

After perservering through the neck shaping fiasco I can finally say my cardi is complete! Cheesy Here she is pinned up and blocking on my ironing board.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starflower/527821888/

I've bought some gorgeous heart-shaped ceramic buttons to put on her once she's dry.

I consider myself an advanced knitter (been doing it for 26 years) but parts of the pattern confused the heck out of me. There's no errata posted on the VK website, so I guess I'll have to put it down to a UK/US pattern language thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexremy2006

Hey Bob! Wanna watch me bind off 11,000 stitches?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007 10:49:31 AM »

Starflower, that's SO pretty! I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

say hi to Peedmont and visit my blog!

http://stickknits.wordpress.com/
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007 05:33:35 PM »

Starflower, wow! That's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Abril
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007 07:56:18 PM »

Is anyone still working on this? I'm done with the back and left front, well maybe I shouldn't say "done", the number of stitches I ended up with is not matching the number on the left side...so after I'm done with the right side I'm frogging most of the left side to match... hopefully Embarrassed
I read that it turns out too short, does it?

I'll post pictures when it's all done.

Abril
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 07:57:10 PM by Abril » THIS ROCKS   Logged

spinnerchris
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007 11:41:49 PM »

Hi All,

I just started this project as well. I have finished the back and THINK I have finished the front left, but I have not finished all the neck shaping repeats. I have about 4 to go, but my piece already measures the length of the back. I did some math- my front should be 11 1/2 inches from the ribbing to the top, if you are getting gauge (26 rows= 4in in ss) the first left slanting rows (19 for me) should measure just under 4 inches- how in the heck am I supposed to get the additional 80 rows in the remaining 7 inches?Huh

I have just gone online to recheck that my thinking is correct. Found nothing on the VK web sight either. I think I will just bind off and move on. Has anyone else finished and found their size to be correct? Mine looks a little small also, I am hoping it will stretch without looking wonky! I know it is a fitted pattern- and I want it that way, but not too tight!

Thanks,
Chris
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!
September 21, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...