A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,627
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another 2 Knitted Bags! I can't stop!  (Read 8162 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JaneyP
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004 11:42:45 PM »

Those are so great!  I love the colors on the top one.  what yarn is that, if i may ask?
Thanks for sharing the link, also.  Now i have one MORE thing to distract me from getting any work done!  Grin
The first bag I made with fabric from a skirt that had a broken zip and a lovely top layer of organza with embroidery on it, which I cut into a continuous strip then wound into ball together with an odd ball of mohair and some thin green and turquoise wool to make a thick yarn. I halved this so that I would have enough for each 'handle' part then made a thick yarn by winding together the rest of the mohair and wool for the main bag part. The lining of the bag was cut from an old chinese silk jacket (charity shop for 20p!) which had stains on it and was no good for wearing, and the bow was made from a strip of lining from the same jacket made into a tube and pressed flat, then attached to one side if the bag. I then threaded a vintage buckle through the fabric strip which gathered it up so it looked bow like and attached it to the other side. I needed to put a couple of stitches in the middle just to keep it in place.

Hope this was useful and understandable!
Thanks for all your comments, I wish I had more crafty friends like you lot that I could give them to, my sister seems to get everything as she is the only person I know who appreciates this sort of stuff, everyone else would prefer to look like head to toe department store!

Jane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ataindre
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2004 01:14:01 AM »

Those bags are adorable! The colors on both of them really make an impact. Also, your labels are a really great idea, and super sweet besides. So yeah. It rocks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geetargeek

Will knit for food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004 08:48:35 AM »

Here's the one I made for my co-workers daughter as a birthday gift (she's turning three!).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look!  I'm on the internets!:
http://quetaknits.wordpress.com/ - My knit/crochet blog!
http://geetargeek.livejournal.com/ - Friends-only, so add me!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/geetargeek/ - eye candy!
http://www.ravelry.com/people/geetargeek - Ravelry!
jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004 09:04:49 AM »

geetargeek~ that is the most adorable bag! 

~jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004 09:09:33 AM »

oh, so cute!  what I great way to use up that funky bobbley yarn I have that doesn't seem to be good for anything...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

prek123
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004 09:39:10 AM »

These are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004 03:29:09 PM »

woo hoo!  I looove quick projects!  I used size 11 needles but still cast on 20 for a cute little bag.  I'll post a pic later if I can.  I have yet to line it (but I think I might not, it's quite thick due to the 11's), but it only took a couple hours, including a misstart.  I'm thinking that these'll be great for all of my "unknowns" on my christmas list!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blossom
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004 04:59:01 AM »

i love your bags and labels! would you share with us how you made the label? i want to put label on the projects i completed so when i give them away as presents, they'll know who that's from after many years.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneyP
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2004 10:30:19 PM »

i love your bags and labels! would you share with us how you made the label? i want to put label on the projects i completed so when i give them away as presents, they'll know who that's from after many years.

Hi there,
I used 1" wide bias binding for the labels. Using a simple split stitch and embroidery thread to do my name and then attaching it to the lining of the bag with running stitch all around the edge. (Oh and I did a simple flower in one corner!)

Happy Crafting
Jane
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cLaRiSsAXpLnSiTaLL
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004 11:38:21 PM »

Oh my Lordy those are so adorable! I crochette and I would LOVE to learn how to knit so I could make cute little bags like that! That's it...this weekend I'm buying a knitting book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hErE .:i:. aM

------>aS *pErFeCt* aS iM EvEr gOnNa bE

yOu'Ll sEe...

((_(lOvE mE 4 mE)_))
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Megan Amram Gets Into Science!
Author Elizabeth Gilbert LIVE
Top 10 Notes: The Scarlet Letter
The Real Life Truman Show
Pardon Me!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...