A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Significant Other Swap - Round 5  (Read 5661 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007 01:16:47 AM »

okay, I must post more glorification of the stuff I received from oops creations.  Basically my b/f loves mma (mixed martial arts) which is a style of fighting that includes wrestling, kickboxing, muy tai (tai kickboxing), boxing, and jiu jitsu. He also loves raccoons.  This is b/c I once joked that I looked like a raccoon after staying up for 36 hours straight to finish some term papers.  Since then, he's called me his little raccoon.  He kept bugging me and asking when his "raccoon paraphenalia" would arrive, and when it did, he said "All the other raccoon enthusiests" would be jealous.  What a weirdo! 

Here's the whole box of goodies!

The hat, the mma covered notebooks and bookmark and the coffee

A note on raccoon paper, which he absolutely loved

The noticeably empty (1 of 2 empty) tubs (covered with mma images) that had very good cookies inside.  I had one, he ate the rest.

The raccoon, the newest addition to his collection, which includes the gray one I made him for V-day (it even has its own friendship bracelet) and a blue one which I received as a set of two in the stuffie swap, and which he promptly stole the same day!

the raccoon with its new owner, looking like a bit weird b/c he sucks at taking pictures

Plus, she sent an amigurumi kit for making a raccoon, just for me.  It will be a while before I will be able to make it, as I continually suck at crocheting, but it def. is a motivator to keep trying Smiley

Thanks oops creations, you did a fab job!  Yours is coming in the mail tomorrow, I promise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
DanielleHicks

**Sissy my little dog that is only 17 years old**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007 02:55:15 PM »

I had the best swap partner. Stellato_escuro sent my husband such a great package. When to mail man showed up he quit working just to see what he got. She sent him 2 handmade glasses one has 44 on it and the other has the Carolina Panthers logo (she done a great job), a note pad with 44 and Dale Jarrett, a black a blue scarf, coasters, napkins, hot cold pack, postcards with planes and boats for the military, recipe cards, candy, a bracelet that says support of troops, and fabric for me to make him something.
The baby wanting the candy she can already smell it

The entire package

The glasses

The baby took his fabric and bracelet

The happy ending he loves his package and she loves the treats daddy is sharing

Thank you so much and you done a great jod on it all
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007 07:14:54 AM by DanielleHicks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007 06:06:09 PM »

I'm so glad you guys like the package! I had my usual swap anxiety, but as Eric pointed out, I always worry, and then it turns out great. And thank you for posting pics, especially of the glasses. Those were my fave and I just couldn't get a good shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
bunnyboo
"She is as wholesome as a bowl of cornflakes, and at least as sexy."

*Hi, my name is Bunny and I'm a swapaholic*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007 09:13:49 PM »

Those glasses are really cool!!!  ;)what great packages the boys are getting!

i always forget to take photos before i send Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifts, Purses, Crochet & Knitting Helpers, Papercrafts & More in my Etsy store...
www.courtneymarin.etsy.com

Facebook Email Search: surfingmonkeyguy@hotmail.com

www.wists.com/bunnyboo
Always Open to Personal Swaps!!!!
Rowdy Vamp Raquel
Sewing till the death...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007 05:17:47 PM »

I sent to Cinnamon teal. And I must admit, like everyone else I have swap anxiety. But I think her hubby will like what I made him.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007 03:27:09 PM by Rowdy Vamp Raquel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowyangel
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007 09:34:16 PM »

Both great packages! I love seeing crafts for men, its so unheard of eh? Looks like he certainly enjoys it! I can't wait for my partner to recieve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funky hand bags, pillows, cat toys and more UNDER $25...
www.snowyangel.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/snowyangel2000
DanielleHicks

**Sissy my little dog that is only 17 years old**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007 06:27:11 AM »

I have had a few people email me about my baby so I though I would just post it on her becuase some people said they felt bad about asking. Please if you have any questions about her ask I am happy to answer them.
Ginger's skin condition is passed from her mother, allergies (grass and plastic mostly) and terrible separation anxiety. We got her from a puppy factory in Boone, NC. We did not know if she would have any problems or she would be healthy. We soon realized something was wrong. She has to deal with the vet every 2 weeks at this point but it want be much longer till it will be every month mainly for anxiety. We have gone to 9 vets and we finally found one that took the time to help her. She looks so much better now then she did better she visited his office. She did not have any hair on her ears, around her eyes, and half way up her back. Every vet we took her to said she has mange and then would perform the test and it was always neg.  After the test would come back neg they would say it is environmental allergies that will not show on testing. Finally we tested for allergies and some did show plastic, grass, pollen, nylon ect. So we went through changing her foods (totaling 16 times) Purina LA, Purina HA, all fish, pedigree, nutria, high doses of omega 3, ect. If you would have seen her just a few months ago you would have truly felt sorry for my baby. When she had photos taken with Santa he was even giving suggestions. We have been through a time with our little girl but love her to death and will do what every it takes to make her happy. Hopefully by summer she will be cured for good and just be down to one pill a day to maintain it, one for anxiety, and one for allergies, instead of the 6 and one oral. She has been a trooper the entire time and loves the ladies at her vet they are so sweet to her and the vet he is just the best we have found. Sorry to flood you all with that but incase someone was battling with decideing to email me but felt bad for asking. I an very open to talk about it because some people may go through the same thing. We have been from the mountains of NC to the Beaches of NC trying to find help for herand she finally got hte vet that has made her quality of life inprove.   Wow that was alot sorry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007 06:34:05 AM by DanielleHicks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

brianaknits
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007 10:56:25 AM »

I received rfom Zombiekilla. My husband is beyond spoiled!!!!!!! I will be developing photos and posting them on Monday. Smiley p.s. both zombiekilla and I have sent and received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2007 03:08:38 PM »

I received today!  Woot!

Matt just loves the stuff that Rowdy Vamp Raquel made for him.  I handed him the camera and sent him off to take pics of the stuff and these are the results:

First, she made a set of 6 of these sweet coasters.  (He had been needing some for his desk.)

Next is this great lunch bag with "Matt" embroidered onto it.

But wait, what's that thing sticking out of it?

Oh my goodness!  It's The Sneak! (from homestarrunner.com)

Matt and I both adore this little felt stuffy!!  The Sneak is one of Matt's favorites from Homestar Runner, he even uses it as his hacker moniker for computer security wargames.

Thanks so much, Raquel!  He loves it all! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rowdy Vamp Raquel
Sewing till the death...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007 03:32:03 PM »

Oh yay! I'm glad Matt liked everything Cinnamon teal! The foot on the coasters, is supposed to be the famous Monty Python foot, and the lunch bag is meant to look like a "brown paper lunch bag." Get it, brown paper lunch bag-lunch bag? (I thought I was a genius when I thought of that.) Oh, and my boyfriend helped sew the nose on the sneak. He really does look sneaky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Throw a Large Bowl - pt 2- Trimming
How to make a Large Wheel Thrown Vessel with Two Clay Bodies
How to make an Extra Large Bowl - wheel throwing
Finished Pottery Pieces from the Kiln
Pottery for Beginners - Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...