A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easter Basket for boyfriend?  (Read 17589 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purevitality
« on: March 26, 2007 04:05:17 PM »

Any ideas for an easter basket for my boyfriend? It's fine if it's cheesy and disgusting but he's going thru a bit of a rough patch and needs some cheering up.

Obviously, dyed egg, chocolate, corny stuffed animals... Possibly a shirt stenciled with "whipped" just because...he is? Any other ideas?

Thanks very much!

Happy Easter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
deadly_rose
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007 03:54:30 AM »

This is my 3rd year making an easter basket for my "boyfriend", though he is now my fiance, and we just tell everyone that we're married, 'cause we are, just not legally. Anyway, the first year we were together, I got him tons of his favorite candy, for starters. Some ideas are:

Wonka candy, such as: nerds, nerds ropes, sweet tarts, shock tarts, chewy sweet tarts, runts, everlasting gobbstoppers.

Favorite chocolate, such as: white chocolate, peanut butter and chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate with nuts, chocolate marshmallows, chocolate-dipped fruit, cadbury eggs.

Sour candies, like: Sour patch kids, sour gummi worms, Sourz (licorice bits)

Bubble/chewing gums: Bazooka Joe (they have the little comics inside!), double bubble original, dubble bubble cry baby sour gum, hubba bubba max, or those cute little bubble gum eggs that come in a little tiny egg carton.

Pure sugary candy: Peeps, pixie sticks. They have peeps out these days that are plain solid egg shapes, and then it comes with a tube of icing, so that you can decorate them. I got a pack our first easter together, and wrote "I luv you" on them.

Then, you could also throw in some non-candy sweets, such as a snack sized package of his favorite cookie (my hun likes nutter butters and peanut butter oreos), fruit snacks (you know, like fruit roll ups), or if he's the health food type, nuts, and dried fruits.

Or for something edible, but salty, try snack packs of his favorite cracker or chip (such as ritz bitz sandwiches, pringles, or doritos), or things like beef jerky and cheeses.

If you're crafty and feel up to it, you could always bake a batch of cookies, brownies, or sweet breads, like banana nut. If you chose to do cookies, you could decorate them.

Now, on to the useful things, the non-edible... I had a hard time with this one (and I'm actually having a hard time thinking of something small as an egg stuffer for my BROTHER) but some ideas are:

A deck of cards. These could be regular playing cards, or a particular set for a game, like a set for go fish, or old maid, or something fun like that. Or if he's one of those guys that like trading cards, or Dungeons and Dragons type game cards. If you got regular cards, and felt up to it, you could write a joke or a reason why you care for him on some of the cards (the face side of the card).

T-shirts. This could be something special between the two of you, or a T for his favorite band, movie, etc.

A picture frame with a pic of the two of you.

A special pillow or pillow case.

Some cute little bunny ears (you know, the head band style)! Try to get him to wear them!

A cd- could be a mixed one, or a new one that you know he wants, or better yet, one of those mp3 itunes or napster cards, so that he can go online, and pick out some of his own music.

Jewelry- My guy likes leather bracelets, and spikey things Tongue

Pins and patches: Get him a set of little band pins (perfect for putting in easter eggs!), or iron-on patches of things he like.

A little toy, like a yoyo, paddle ball board, set of dominos

Or if he's sporty, some kind of ball, basketball, baseball, foot ball. They even have easter "eggs" now that are round and shaped like various sports balls. Also, a water or sports drink bottle. Or one of those propel or gatoraids that have reusable bottles.

OR a really cute themed basket could be a "beach" themed one. Get him one of those little shovel and pail sets, put in a pair of flip-flop sandels, or whatever kind of sandel he wears, or a pear of swim trunks, or a towel, some candy, a trial size bottle of sunblock, an inflatable beach ball, and an IOU a beach picnic. Or if you're not near a beach, call it a summer themed basket, and put in an IOU a park picnic.

That's the best I can do without knowing him! Hope it helps. Have fun! -Autumn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purevitality
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007 10:16:38 AM »

Oh...my gosh! I don't know how I could possibly thank you! Such a long response was completely unexpected but very helpful.

I especially like your beach idea but I might save that for later. The t-shirt thing i will definitely do.

On his:
Somebunny loves you

And on mine:
Somebunny
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody here is out of sight
they dont bark and they dont bite
they keep things loose they keep it tight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight
deadly_rose
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007 03:10:18 AM »

Aw, the t-shirt idea you have is cute! I'm glad to be of help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dr. Jill Biden Thanks Veterans
Dana Gynther Reflects on Crossing on the Paris
Emma Ward Performs Her Poem "Trains"
How to Get an ISBN
Actress Kara Hayward Reads an Excerpt from The Blessed
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...