A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,954
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bloomington  (Read 4522 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vonneguttermouth

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2004 06:44:14 AM »

I'd say it's about time to start our very own B-Town post. 

Any crafty groups in this town?  I think there's a SnB at the Bazaar Cafe on Sundays, but I need something more.  Anyone got anything for me?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2004 07:41:45 AM by vonneguttermouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
poop
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004 07:44:42 AM »

i'm all about getting some sort of equal-opportunity-craft-thing going, where the fiber arts can feel at home with wood, ceramic, jewelry, what have you. it would be fun to see what different crafts people get into and to learn new things.

i have a very flexible evening schedule, but do not have a car; so, i'd be happy to meet any evening, maybe somewhere in the downtown area?

Craftsters of Bloomington, Unite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss. Cellaneous

"Still crazy after all these years"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004 08:56:32 AM »

There is a knitters group that meets at either barnes&noble or Borders each month. That's just not enought for me. I agree that it would be great to mix it up and try new things with some locals. Let's get something going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere . . . "   --Austen
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004 11:13:06 AM »

I have been meeting irregularly to work on crafts with friends at the Runcible Spoon. Sometimes there's knitting, but I do cross-stitch and a friend has been working on gromit tape clothing there too.

I'd be willing to start a regular evening there, say Tuesdays? It's a great atmosphere with tasty drinks/eats.

Also, I occasionally have art parties on Friday nights at my abode. Sometimes we have a theme and sometimes people just bring whatever they are working on. It's nice to be productive in a group!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
vonneguttermouth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004 12:47:53 PM »

I'm all over having something to do every week.  Keeps me motivated, otherwise I get lazy...  (Really.  I know it's hard to believe.)

Tuesdays sound good.  Any other thoughts?  Anyone, anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
famousamos9787
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2004 02:36:25 PM »

hello!
I was just wondering if there were any good crafty places to go to near (extremely)  to the I.U. Campus??  My class is taking a field trip there tomorrow (sorry, short notice) and we have an hour and a half to walk around.  Any points of interest I should hit??  Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lifesanadventure.etsy.com
help a poor college student out!
carpejugulum

Gothic Martha Stewart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004 09:11:06 PM »

Tuesday nights at the Runcible Spoon on Sixth seem to be where it's at. Well, at least for me and a few others.

We'll try to get the big table if anyone wants to join! Probably 8 or 8:30 would be fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well, you don't say.
poop
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004 06:38:45 AM »

hello!
I was just wondering if there were any good crafty places to go to near (extremely)  to the I.U. Campus??  My class is taking a field trip there tomorrow (sorry, short notice) and we have an hour and a half to walk around.  Any points of interest I should hit??  Thanks

hey, famousamos! sorry if this gets to you too late...there's a yarn store (Yarns Unlimited) in the Fountain Square Mall on the courthouse square. If you walk down Kirkwood off of campus it's 6.5 blocks. There's also hobby shop downtown, but it's not a really craftstore per se. It's on the corner of 4th and College and is a half-block from the yarn store.

There used to be a craft/art store also on the square, but it got run out by the Hobby Lobby/Michaels-type mega-stores. Unfortunately, there just isn't really a craft store in the downtown/campus area. Hobby Lobby is probably the closest place, and it would be easier to drive there than walk.

-p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
famousamos9787
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004 01:01:49 PM »

thanks for the suggestions.  We only had 30 min. to walk around so we pretty much could only walk on kirkwood.  But, I will definately use your suggestions for when I go there with my family!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lifesanadventure.etsy.com
help a poor college student out!
vonneguttermouth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004 01:32:41 PM »

Tuesday nights at the Runcible Spoon on Sixth seem to be where it's at. Well, at least for me and a few others.

We'll try to get the big table if anyone wants to join! Probably 8 or 8:30 would be fine.

I'd love to come out; however, I can't this Tuesday.  Crafting next week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Carve a Pumpkin
How to Make Ribbon Headbands
Making Ribbon Ponytail Holders
How to Make a 1950s Hostess Apron
How to Make a Ribbon Watchband
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...