A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: desserts?  (Read 947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

owl be there
« on: March 26, 2007 02:32:56 PM »

Me and my friends are having a "dessert date" during the next few weeks...dont know the exact date.  But well just make a gazillion desserts (cakes, cookies, etc.) and eat them all heheh. but does anyone have any REALLY good dessert recipes? Ive seen some on craftster here but i think we need more Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninosgirl
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007 08:57:32 AM »

This recipe is from Paula Deen that i altered slightly. I have made it for bridal showers, christmas, and teacher appreciation. Everyone goes nut for them.
     Keylime Tarts
 1C. Graham cracker crumbs(about 6 rectangles)
 3Tbsp. Margarine, melted
 1 8oz Cream cheese, soft
 1 Egg
 1/2C. Sugar
 8-10 Keylimes, Juiced
 1Tbsp. Lime zest
 3-4 drops green food color
 Cool whip
Pulse crackers in food processor till fine crumb. Add melted margarine and pulse again. Line two 12 cup mini muffin tins with paper. Press 1 Tbsp of crumb mixture in the bottom of each cup. In a bowl beat cream cheese with mixer. Add sugar, then egg, then juice. Beat in food dye. Mix in zest by hand. Pour into cups 2/3rds full. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Let cool completly and remove from pan. Dollop coolwhip on each one. Garnish with more zest on top. These freeze wonderfully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovemysoldier
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007 09:15:48 AM »

This is a quick way to spruce up a cake box mix! And it is really good and refreshing! Use one box of yellow cake mix, and when you are done mixing the batter, throw in about 1/2 reg. size can of mandrin oranges, drained(I think they come in 12 or 13 oz. can-the rest you will use for garnish). If using an electric mixer, just mix in until pieces are broken up a bit. If you only have hand wisk, just smush them up !! Bake as directed on package....and when cake is completely cool, frost with 1 tub Cool Whip, and arrange leftover orange pieces! Very easy...I make this alot and friends and family always love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrsblocko

It's not only sticious, it's SUPER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007 10:39:01 AM »

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_30222,00.html?rsrc=search

this is a recipe for white chocolate hazelnut tartlets.

You can make most of the stuff ahead of time and assemble at the party. 

And it has Nutella, which can't be beat with a stick.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

owl be there
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007 01:37:52 PM »

woohoo thanks guys! you rock lol. they all sound goooooood. does anyone have any ideas for cookies? like to decorate them . etc. ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilovemysoldier
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007 02:38:30 PM »

Depending on when and where you are, you could always do a ice cream sundae bar, or ice cream sandwiches! A scoop of icecream in between your 2 favorite cookies, and roll the edges in your favorite toppings, m&m's, nuts, sprinkles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
southern5footer
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007 02:43:42 PM »

I personally like the Samoa Cupcakes. They were a huge hit at the last party I went to...

http://chockylit.blogspot.com/2006/03/samoas-cupcake.html

Happy Baking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007 08:42:42 PM »

One of our favorite cookie recipes here is the chocolate covered cherry cookie (if this isn't the recipe, it's pretty close):
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Covered-Cherry-Cookies-II/Detail.aspx
I also have a recipe for sour cream raisin cookies if you want a more "cakey" cookie (they're soft and light, and not too sweet) that I've been asked for.
As far as decorating cookies, I tend to stick with things like different colored frostings, but have been known to spend a ridiculous amount of time sprinkling colored sugar on cookies.  Smiley  For a sweets party, I'd probably do fruit/girly decorations  (lips, lipsticks, high heels, purses) unless they're really goth (in which case spiderwebs always look pretty cool, and all you have to do is draw a bunch of lines going through the center, and run through them in a spiral with a toothpick).

I also have a ridiculous number of pie recipes (my favorites are chocolate mousse, chocolate pudding, and berry jello pie, but I've also been asked for my apple pie recipe a lot).

Do you guys bring toothbrushes? Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
popartlover09
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007 06:55:29 AM »

i would check out bakespace.com, theyy have tons of great recipes for desserts on there forum
THIS ROCKS   Logged

why yes i do believe i am a craftaholic
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Slow Shutter Speed to Create Leading Light
How to Photograph with Storm Lighting
How to Create Beauty Lighting
How to Photograph Spontaneously
How to Understand Psychological Impact of a Subject
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...