A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gonna do myself a "favour".....  (Read 1173 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« on: March 26, 2007 11:51:59 AM »

Wink

Here's my completed signage for our favour table. I'm going to carry this theme into other signage for the guest book table, and the family tree quilt table too. But, baby steps, this is what I got done last night.

And, I'm very excited, our embossing plate for our address came today. Now, all of our invites will have a lovely blind embossed touch to our return address. I was so dreading the idea of printed return address labels, and this solved it, and the place was having a free shipping special, and I already had the hand embossing press, so I just needed the plate, it ended up just being $25. I used Acorn Sales, their turn around and service is great.
http://www.acornsales.com/

Here's my favour table signage.....if you look closely, the pages of the book I used to collage, have our wedding date on them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007 06:07:07 PM »

those are super cute - are they cut-outs, or something different?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
*MAR*
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007 08:10:12 PM »

Thanks!

I printed out photos of swallow birds in flight, cut around their sillouettes, then I traced around them on the back of some of my cherry blossom paper from Graham & Snow, and cut them out. The "grass" and "clouds" are cut out from an old yellowing book that I use for collage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marryland

sometimes there just aren't enough rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007 09:10:47 PM »

Those are absolutely beautiful! I love the colour scheme and the swallows. If this is any indication of the beauty of the rest of the day, your wedding will be absolutely stunning!  Smiley
Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Erin -
*MAR*
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007 09:54:37 PM »

Awww, that is so sweet! Thank you so much.

I am enjoying having a reason to make so many fun things. Is there anything better than having a PURPOSE when you go to the Dollar Store? ha ha.

This isn't "craft" related....but I'm going to share anyway! We're having our ceremony in a private setting along the river. Me and my two bridesmaids are each pulling up to the ceremony spot in a canoe, manned by each of my three brothers. So, I have been thinking hard about what shoes I wanted, as they will have to be flats to climb up from the dock along the natural riverbank. I was joking that I should just get white rain galloshes and call it a day. Then, I was at Payless today, and I found the best of both worlds..

white
rubber
flats with cute keyhole peep
cheap
made in Brazil (not China)
and super cute!

(excuse my oddly veiny feet, I was running around all day and it is a million degrees, the heat does that to me.  Sad )

THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007 10:21:35 PM »

Oh, and thanks to everyone who pm'ed me about my spelling of "Momento". I didn't mean to mis-spell it. Luckily, it doesn't bother me too much. It may drive some of my guests bonkers though. A good half of them are teachers. I also normally spell "favor" in the British form, favour, so that was conscious on my part to keep people from correcting me by using the American spelling on the signage. Oh, I just can't win. ha!

Maybe I should leave it and give a prize to the person who finds the error? ha ha.

Thanks again guys, for taking the time.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007 10:28:37 PM by *MAR* » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RecycleMicol
Phasing out my swaps for now. I'll swap again later!

Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007 11:22:51 PM »

Great shoes!  I'm going to have to make a tript to Payless!!!   Grin  And such lovely favors they are, Mar!!!

RM
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For my Free Knitting Pattern for Hand Springs Fingerless Mitts:

View My Craft Blog

I'm finally on RAVELRY!  User ID RecycleMicol
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Popover Recipe
Herb-Crusted Roast Beef Recipe
Roast Broccolini and Beans Recipe
Cornish Hens au Vin
Carrot Celery Root Puree
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...