A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Country Doesn't Have That Round 8- Ongoing (March 26- April 27)  (Read 24904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javede
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2007 12:19:57 PM »

I claim cheshyre! Went to the fabric market, but spend less than expected so I can swap again!

I, Javede, am approved and live in Germany and this is my second claim, none send.

This is my list of countries in no paricluar order though there are numbers  Wink
1. Asia: anything cute, fabric, sweets, magazines or craft books, stationary
2.France: sewing supplies, children books, magazines(I learned french in school and would like to see
how much I still remember)
3. USA: knitting/crochet/sewing magazines, yarn(Knitpicks would be nice), these
cookies
(I so LOVE them!), cute/printed cotton fabric
4.UK: craft/cross stitch magazines, yarn, thanks sophieangele!
5. Japan: cute stationary, Hello Kitty related items
6. any other than my own, really

Ok, a bit more info and for inspiration:
-I like almost all colors except yellow and orange(of course totally ok if they are related to your country).
-I don't wear jewelry most of the time and my ears are not pierced!
-I like cute things but wouldn't mind for example skully fabric.
-It would be wonderfull if you could include some postcards cause I collect them. They could show photos of the country/area you are from but also ones with text in your language.
-Oh, and I do a whole lot of crafts and supplies for those are always apreciated ;-) I knit, crochet, sew and spin mostly.
-Though I love candy and sweets(who doesn't?) please don't send too much. I don't eat much candy and eventhough my brother was quite happy last time he got candy from one of my swap packages, he surely eats enough sweets already ;-)
-Music from your neck of the woods would be cool too! I listen to almost any kind of music!
-No heavy scented stuff please I'm pretty sensitive to scents. No other allergies though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007 12:25:42 PM by javede » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2007 05:21:16 PM »

Random question: can you get Rebecca knitting magazine in the states or is it only available in Europe? I keep seeing people from the states post things they've made out of it but I can never find it here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2007 10:36:09 PM »

I did a little google search and it seems to be available in some US online shops, but it costs around 16$  Shocked Almost tripple of what the german version costs here!
If you want I could try to get the latest issue for you in german, but I can't get the english one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
knit_north
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2007 10:25:29 PM »

I claim Javede for Canadian goods. I am from northern Canada and this is my third claim. (one sent ..)

i would like to receive from anywhere!

I would love to receive
-knitting type stuff: wool/yarn (not novelty please - or scratchy acrylic....), knitting patterns, small sock knitting needles, end bits of sock yarn (it is the perfect weight for blythe sweaters and i don't need much) - just a note i love natural fibres fav colours: plum, grey, teal, greens, pale yellow
- doll sized buttons: i knit doll sized clothes and i can't buy teeny tiny buttons here
- anything for my blythe dolls - clothes, shoes etc
- t-shirt or other apparel (tote bag?!) representing your country/state
- candy, craft magazines... surprise me

Asia: blythe items and knit or craft books (felt mascots?!)
Germany: Rebecca knitting magazines
USA: we have pretty similar things in canada ... but i live in a remote area so there is a good chance its new to me! (also .....haven't been able to find twinkle soft chunky yarn - would love some! but that is extravagant so never mind!)

really, i'm not picky check out my wists to get a sense of things i lust after
(www.wists.com/knit_north )

thanks in advance!!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovely_gangster
the Novemberist

« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2007 05:10:33 AM »

ooohh i would so love to claim you knit_north.  a shop in my hometown sells plates EXACTLY like the wallpaper plate on your wists.  but sadly unless some money falls out of the sky and lands in my pocket, i probably wont be claiming anyone for the rest of this round.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knit_north
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2007 10:08:06 AM »

ooohh i would so love to claim you knit_north.  a shop in my hometown sells plates EXACTLY like the wallpaper plate on your wists.  but sadly unless some money falls out of the sky and lands in my pocket, i probably wont be claiming anyone for the rest of this round.  Sad

aww thanks! thats very sweet - and i totally understand the money issue, javede will be my last claim as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geeyouknit

« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2007 02:33:06 PM »

Important:

If you have not sent, and it is past your send date, please communicate with me as to what is going on!

I know some of you already have let me know why you haven't sent yet, and that's totally fine  Smiley, so if you have, don't worry, I know what's going on with you  Wink.

But for those of you who haven't, please PM me now! This is necessary for the success of the swap and my mental health  Roll Eyes. Good communication is key in all swaps.

I don't mean to be down anyone's throats, it's just easy for ongoing swaps to get messy so I want to make sure this runs smoothly  Smiley.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007 03:02:47 PM by geeyouknit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sunshine,

Hey, What a beautiful mess this is.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2007 03:48:28 PM »

grrg, i really want to go into this swap, i'm only 16 and my mom would kill me if i give out my address and stuff(she thinks that a hacker might see it and someone could be a stalker, all that jazz) she doesn't think its safe.
but someday i will go into a swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sourrgrrapes
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2007 05:55:35 PM »

I received my package from the UK today.. it was wonderful! I'll take a picture tonight and post it so everyone can see. Shocked)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center."
-Kurt Vonnegut-

My wist: http://wists.com/sourrgrrapes
My blog: http://sourgrapes.typepad.com

LOVE swapping. <3
geeyouknit

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2007 07:15:13 PM »

I received my package from the UK today.. it was wonderful! I'll take a picture tonight and post it so everyone can see. Shocked)

Please post them in our gallery at:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=163217.0

And just a reminder, knit_north is still up for claiming.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our 2011 Oscars Winner Picks
Unknown Premiere
John Turturro on Acting Out an Orgasm
John Turturro on Playing Jesus Quintana in The Big Lebowski
Akira Kurosawa and Individualism
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...